Forum

What happens when item servers are down during an actual game?

Created 2nd November 2012 @ 14:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Carlos Kaiser

There’s nothing concering those situations in rules, teams really must play full stock?

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Pretty sure you could chat with your opponents and ask for a pause…or take note of the time left and mp_timelimit it after they come back up or just carry on, it’s not that big of a deal having no ubersaw or kritzkreig…

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

If the server crashes during the match, you need to keep record of the score at that moment, restart or switch the server and try to restore the previous match situation as good as you can (i.e. the score from before the crash still counts, change the timelimit, let one team cap the points they had before, have one medic build uber and the other not, etc.).
They key to success in this case is communication. You need to make sure your opponent agrees with the situation you restored after the crash but you can, of course, as well agree to replay the whole map.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

I think he means item servers. For example in highlander, there would be no sandvich, wrangler, gunslinger etc.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from MIndYe

I think he means item servers. For example in highlander, there would be no sandvich, wrangler, gunslinger etc.

Ah, my bad ^^
In that case you will again have to agree on something with your opponent, e.g. reschedule the match or play vanilla.
If you can not agree on something, you will have to contact an admin to sort out the situation.

Monkeh

Ah, of course, 6v6 blinkers….ACTIVATE!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

BUT HOW TO WIN WITHOUT TANK SPY?!

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
If you can not agree on something, you will have to contact an admin to sort out the situation.

And what will an admin decide?

Swarlz

Quoted from kaidus

[…]

WHAT EVER HE DAMN WELL PLEASES HE’S AN ETF2L ADMIN THIS IS NO DEMOCRACY!!!!!!

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from kaidus

[…]

The admin will mediate between the teams and try to achieve what they could not do on their own: Find a solution both teams agree with.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
Ah, my bad ^^
In that case you will again have to agree on something with your opponent, e.g. reschedule the match or play vanilla.

So you can reschedule the match during the actual game without taking any wildcards?

Raxen

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]
WHAT EVER HE DAMN WELL PLEASES HE’S AN ETF2L ADMIN THIS IS NO DEMOCRACY!!!!!!

+1

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
So you can reschedule the match during the actual game without taking any wildcards?

if any admin gets mad at you for it you can just link them this thread, so yeah I guess you can

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

obviously you need a valid reason as to why you’re rescheduling…

AnimaL

Quoted from Permzilla

obviously you need a valid reason as to why you’re rescheduling…

and this would not be one?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »