Forum

Switching classes mid-round.

Created 18th October 2012 @ 10:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from choiie

I’d say no. Due to how the game works, you remain the class you died as until you respawn, regardless of class switching. This means you technically have 2 medics “active” until the dead medic respawns, which would be exceeding the class limit.

There have been several threads like this before, and the admin response was always ‘is allowed’.

beta

RaWr ::

Quoted from Gubbins

As I understand it. As long as you don’t actively affect the game in the way you break the rules, if you don’t leave spawn or just leave then realise and run back in, there should be no problem. As long as no more than 1 medic 1 demo 1 heavy and 2 of each other class are active at any given time in the game, no rules are brokded

This was my understanding from years ago also.

Infact there was a point if the medic went down at midfight, Arx would switch to medic :D

choiie

keso

Quoted from ash

[…]

There have been several threads like this before, and the admin response was always ‘is allowed’.

I discussed this with admins 2-3 years ago and the conclusion back then was that it wasn’t allowed. However, the rules are more ambiguous now than back then, and since there’s no definition of what classlimits actually imply, I suppose the current rules would allow it.

I just see some problems with this; for example a “demo down!” call might lead to a rushed push for the final point, and allowing scouts to go demo in such a situation might turn the tides entirely of such a push.

Quoted from choiie

[…]

I discussed this with admins 2-3 years ago and the conclusion back then was that it wasn’t allowed. However, the rules are more ambiguous now than back then, and since there’s no definition of what classlimits actually imply, I suppose the current rules would allow it.

I just see some problems with this; for example a “demo down!” call might lead to a rushed push for the final point, and allowing scouts to go demo in such a situation might turn the tides entirely of such a push.

It’s always been allowed as far as I’m aware, provided you adhere by the class limits in terms of the people you have alive. You can switch everybody to demo if you want, as long as you have only 1 demo alive at any given moment.

Netsky

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

It’s always been allowed as far as I’m aware, provided you adhere by the class limits in terms of the people you have alive. You can switch everybody to demo if you want, as long as you have only 1 demo alive at any given moment.

+1
While class swapping to get front spawn is of course an exception inb4 someone needs to ask it.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

We do it a lot, if our demo goes down and won’t spawn to defend or soldier/scout etc etc as the case may be. It’s always been “allowed” in the threads that pop up on here so i can’t see it being an issue suddenly now unless they decide to change the ruling.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Related: Are we allowed to change hats on medic to keep your uber while forward/back spawning? (usually happens that you get trapped in your 2nd spawn & use it to get quickly to your last retaining your uber %)

eRB

Quoted from Monkeh

Yeah but most meds play med because we can’t aim for shit..

+1

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Casual

Related: Are we allowed to change hats on medic to keep your uber while forward/back spawning? (usually happens that you get trapped in your 2nd spawn & use it to get quickly to your last retaining your uber %)

that’s fine honey

Kaneco

Honestly I think this is a really unexplored area within competitive, of course most teams are already organized on a mindset where each one plays their main class no matter what that’s why it’s not as used probably, but I think utilizing this strategy in some situations can be really smart and if done right can really save you some rounds.

The requirement of course is that you have good multiclassers among your team, let’s say, a medic spawns alone on snake last while one scout is pushing it, the medic stands little to no chance, but if the medic is a good solly or at least can fill the requirement he can jump on the point and actually gain some more time for the other spawns.

I can see this really messing up your opponents strategy as well, for example when medic dies on middle and they push thinking they have advantage when in fact one of the players that was alive changed to medic and replaced him

There’s also a high risk for breaking rules as if there’s not clear communication it can lead to the team breaking class limit rules, but I think if there’s a team that can incorporate that well into their strategy and organization it will definitly do them good

luzik

Suoli
moog

I was discussing this thing with SonnyBlack a while back and he said that we can have 2 demomen alive iff only one of them leaves the spawn area. You can do some nextgen tactics with this.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2