Forum

Switching classes mid-round.

Created 18th October 2012 @ 10:08

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

unu

Hypothetical question.

Let’s say you’re defending badlands last and suddenly lose your demo. Is it possible for one of the scouts to go demo as long as the killed demoman spawns as scout or the original scout switches back to scout before the demoman respawns. As long as only 1 demo is alive at the time, is that okay? Same question for medic in the same scenario.

Another scenario, you’ve lost both your scouts on snakewater and you as a solly just respawns while they are trying to capture your point. You can only get there in time if you respawn as scout. While one of the other scouts respawns as soldier.

As long as you have only one alive at the time it’s okay right? Because I think I’ve read it somewhere on here a while back. Just want to make sure :)

Z0R0

yup, ur good

enwyze

Allowed I think as long as the players behave like you wrote it.

Gubbins

Op4

As I understand it. As long as you don’t actively affect the game in the way you break the rules, if you don’t leave spawn or just leave then realise and run back in, there should be no problem. As long as no more than 1 medic 1 demo 1 heavy and 2 of each other class are active at any given time in the game, no rules are brokded

unu

Then why don’t more people utilize it (as far as I know)? It could really help your team out of a hard situation.

enwyze

Quoted from unu

Then why don’t more people utilize it (as far as I know)? It could really help your team out of a hard situation.

Not sure if switching to a class you almost never play or not that good in it is an advantage for your team…

unu

Quoted from enwyze

[…]Not sure if switching to a class you almost never play or not that good in it is an advantage for your team…

Well some people (believe it or not) are actually good multiclassers. A scout switching to medic while the enemy team are spamming last to get a pick could be good to get the heals back also.

❤ snQx :k

glad to see that’s allowed :)

Agree with Nizza, if your mates aren’t multi class, can be a disadvantage for you

Vlijm

UbeR |

What if you have a 2nd decent medic, he could always spawn and get your team like 20 secs advantage. And med is easy anyways

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Yeah but most meds play med because we can’t aim for shit…where’s your med gonna go…scout? Bad, flank becomes weak..solly? Bad, no powah! Does your medic main call? From scout? Nope.

There’s a lot of little things that will add up to being bad as a team imho, also the amount of times that people get deaded at the right times to even make it worth while are quite few and far between too, players go down in waves as a team push and respawn in waves.

The only time it would be worth while is if your medic goes down to a bombing solly or sneaky scout and their med is just spawned or dead too or if your demo gets caught out putting a trap in place and dies on his own, but the chance that you’ll have a respawner coming exactly then are small too.

All in all, despite giving all sorts of advantages in your head, in game it’s actually rare to find it useful.

Last edited by Monkeh,

wpminnows

[PG]

i find the ‘bomb 3 demomen in a row onto gpit b at the start’ strat to be highly effective

Monkeh

Quoted from wpminnows

i find the ‘bomb 3 demomen in a row onto gpit b at the start’ strat to be highly effective

Heh, that will do the job yeah…I just send both sollies and the demo instead though, then we can assault with 3 at the same time…

:p

lagi

I remember Epsilon

choiie

keso

I’d say no. Due to how the game works, you remain the class you died as until you respawn, regardless of class switching. This means you technically have 2 medics “active” until the dead medic respawns, which would be exceeding the class limit.

Setlet

Quoted from wpminnows

omfg why the hell I didn’t think of this before?

And now gpit is gone…….

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »