Forum

It has begun

Created 18th September 2012 @ 08:33

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

unu

http://i.imgur.com/N76m0.png

How many more of these will we see? Was there ever any point in making it stricter?

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Read the fricken rules page:

An extension of up to 7 days is possible if both teams agree and an admin’s approval is given. If the match with the extended deadline has no result at the end of the next Saturday or 72 hours after the schedule, both teams will receive a minor warning.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

We’ve had our week 2 moved as well, what’s the problem?

They have a scout away, we agree to move to week after, admin says OK, all sorted, no rage or bad feelings, everyone’s happy.

Not sure what you’re posting about tbh.

unu

Quoted from Andee

Read the fricken rules page:

An extension of up to 7 days is possible if both teams agree and an admin’s approval is given. If the match with the extended deadline has no result at the end of the next Saturday or 72 hours after the schedule, both teams will receive a minor warning.

Fair enough but I still don’t think that you should be able to move a game so easily. Especially not when you have two wildcards available, use those instead. I thought there was a point in making the rules stricter and that games shouldn’t be so easy to move. Has anyone tried moving a game and got denied?

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Some people just like to.. nag I guess.

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from unu

[…]

Fair enough but I still don’t think that you should be able to move a game so easily. Especially not when you have two wildcards available, use those instead. I thought there was a point in making the rules stricter and that games shouldn’t be so easy to move. Has anyone tried moving a game and got denied?

As long as people putting effort in scheduling its all that matters, I guess that’s the point of having stricter rules.

Wiper

idd.

Quoted from Monkeh

We’ve had our week 2 moved as well, what’s the problem?

They have a scout away, we agree to move to week after, admin says OK, all sorted, no rage or bad feelings, everyone’s happy.

Not sure what you’re posting about tbh.

Where’s the monkey gone? I liked that monkey.

Monkeh

I’ve gone all serious mode for the start of the season…but as our week 1 opponents have dropped…mebbe I can treat you to a new monkey avatar, no doubt Vode will be pleased, he loves my monkey avatars…

Dennia

FAINT

why u heff to be mad

Beetle

Because default wins are so satisfying? o.O

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from unu

[…]

If the reason for wanting an extension is “we want to practice the maps a bit longer”, we won’t allow the extension. We’re currently reviewing when we should allow/disallow extensions so we don’t allow every extension that is requested.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

An extension is not a replacement for a wildcard:

You can wildcard without as much as talking to your opponent. An extension requires your opponent’s confirmation.

A wildcard needs no reason to be used. An extension requires you to contact admins and provide a good reason why the match needs to be extended.

Wildcards can be used as late as 16 minutes before the scheduled date. An extension must be requested at least a day before the match.

Wildcard lasts two weeks, extension lasts 1 week. You can wildcard the same match twice, but extend it only once.

A wildcard gives you a week to schedule, and a week to play, with a default date in the second week, which can be used as leverage against opponents that refuse to schedule. An extension leaves scheduling entirely to the teams – admins merely issue a warning if they do not see a result after it expires.

The goal is to make teams put effort into scheduling and planning their games in advance. Considering we’ve had quite a few teams contacting us about extensions for matches that are more than a week away, I could say it’s been working well so far.

Low divisions generally have problems negotiating with their opponents. High divisions have problems scheduling in advance and letting both their opponents and admins know. If requests for extensions produce an increase in communication between teams and admin staff, wouldn’t that be a good thing?

We’re currently working to clearly define the rules for requesting extensions, based on the requests we receive and the amount that gets approved. For the time being, extensions are for teams that know well in advance that they will be unable to play during a certain week.

Last edited by emb,

almightybob

.ps

Quoted from unu

Fair enough but I still don’t think that you should be able to move a game so easily. Especially not when you have two wildcards available, use those instead. I thought there was a point in making the rules stricter and that games shouldn’t be so easy to move.

I think you’re missing a very important part of the rule Andee quoted:

Quoted from Andee

It’s only easy for your opponents to move a match if you let it be. I can only assume a leader on your team agreed to the move, in which case you should be taking it up with them if you’re unhappy.

ondkaja

IKEA

fuck i spelt extension wrong

thanks for making me look bad ununoctium

Last edited by ondkaja,

Darkdwarf

[MvP]

Quoted from ondkaja

fuck i spelt extension wrong

thanks for making me look bad ununoctium

I think you succeeded pretty well with that regarding process…

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »