The future of ETF2L

Created 4th August 2012 @ 21:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from CrashSite

Just want to say: if you let the community vote for maps, maps that were played in previous seasons will ALWAYS FUCKING WIN.

I do not think that a binding poll for the map pool will happen ever again. That is also why we are heavily relying on map feedback now.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
I do not think that a binding poll for the map pool will happen ever again. That is also why we are heavily relying on map feedback now.

Thank fuck. The result was obvious every time. Crossiant or Toxic are best bets it seems <3

Leif

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Thank fuck. The result was obvious every time. Crossiant or Toxic are best bets it seems <3

Quay seems great too. If the creator accomplish to make a good beta version and get more people to know it, it can become a good potential bet as well.
Or give back some already played maps such viaduct/turbine.

Last edited by Leif,

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

anal gape

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Leif

[…]
Quay seems great too. If the creator accomplish to make a good beta version and get more people to know it, it can become a good potential bet as well.
Or give back some already played maps such viaduct/turbine.

Don’t think it is done yet, but so far it is looking good.

alfa

Polls are useless in ETF2L, don’t even mention them. When the FaN came out and we had a poll on which weapons to ban, even though the majority voted that it should be allowed, the admins still kept it banned “due to conflicts between players and teams”.

I think that some admins may care about what’s happening in their league, but the majority are just a circle jerk who just don’t give a fuck. Freedom of speech is also a problem on those forums when every single post is edited because it doesn’t coincide with an admins’ opinion and threads are also locked if they happen to offend an admin indirectly. Seriously, what’s the worse that can happen? At one point you were even banning people for bumping a thread that was 100 days old, what’s up with that?

I don’t want to sound harsh and create conflict, but hear me out. Take criticism and stop thinking you are entitled to do whatever you want just because you have more rights than a normal user. Take in account what others say, take example from other leagues and learn how to improve this league instead of keeping it “the same”, when the majority clearly wants a change. You also tend to bring out the “I am doing this for free, so don’t bitch about it” card. Nobody asked you to do anything for this league. If you applied for this position and got this responsibility, you knew what you were getting in.

Just please get your head out of your asses and listen to the community for once. I don’t have any beef with you, but I just want to see this league actually making some progress instead of arguing day and night about stupid shit that will never happen. Like seriously, when did those 10000 page threads that get locked even affect the admins’ decision on an unlock or a map? Think about it.

And for those of you that bitch at ESEA for being a bad league even though you have never played in it. Yes, we do have to pay for a client and league fees which are kind of high, but we do get support from their admins when we need it and the polls actually matter! And by the time that LAN comes around, the league actually gives the 4th place prize money to the team that needs it to get there in the first place. It’s not a perfect system, but we are happy with it and don’t bitch about the unlocks for almost 10 seasons because we have salty admins who won’t listen to the community.

In the great words of Admirable:

Quoted from Admirable

[…]We have the ETF2-fucking-L twiddling their dicks for the past X years, keeping things ticking over with headsets and mice but no progress what so ever to speak of. ESEA are hosting LAN finals 3 times a year with a dedicated news source in ESEANews, brilliant features such automatic stats and demo uploads and a rule set that doesn’t promote turtling (sup timelimit 30).

We had a chance to support a serious organisation ESL, but we all fucking cried our eyes about the Wire client without really trying to help iron out teething problems. Well guess what? ESEA has a shitty client too, and they fucking pay for the privilege to use it!

Add to that a well run, motivated and professional casting outlet in eXtelevision and a thriving community of streamers and I have to strain to see exactly what the fuck an Escape Plan is going to do to turn the tides of EU TF2s perceived decline.

Last edited by alfa,

Regen

nf.
9F

1900+ viewers on a semi final match streamed, good stuff.

Last edited by Regen,

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Don’t think it is done yet, but so far it is looking good.

toxic isnt done quite yet too

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from Regen

nice!

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from Tornf4lk

[…]
nice!

I think it even made 2.1k later on? Not sure about that though

alfa

Quoted from Regen

[…]

I think it even made 2.1k later on? Not sure about that though

If you are talking about the ESEA LAN Finals, I think it peaked at 2.8k

Last edited by alfa,

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from alfa

[…]

I’m talking about nations highlander cup SEMI finals just now.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from alfa

[…]

Nope – Germany v Sweden HL Nations Cup semi final reached 2.1k viewers tonight on Twitch.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Poop

anal gape

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from Regen

you mean the hl semi finals just now? You know that was on the frontpage of twitch, right?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »