Forum

Unlocks panel

Created 30th June 2012 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 28 Next »

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

I like the forum idea, CanFo.

A panel just doesn’t seem right to me, such a small collection of people that don’t necessarily represent the views etc. then who, and why blah blah.

I think actually the involvement of everybody in a constructive way will cover all the bases far better, and avoid the crying and whining over people not having had their chance to have a say.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

We are currently thinking of a more or less open and separate forum with better moderator options than the current forum. We may even hire community forum moderators for that cause we are lazy.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Just want to say that when unlocks fail to sustain the flow of new people (not saying unlocks are bad, you can argue for them in many different ways) can we actually do stuff to help get new people into the community.

I posted in other threads, but might as well post here:

Streams from Prem players, get them up, then advertise them.

Help with the newbie mix group, if I get people to actually help this time, I can put in the effort once again

ETF2L Newbie Cup, with decent prize/advertisement you will get a lot of people (I hope)

You got an idea? Go do it. If you really need help, add me and I can help with advise, as I have failed enough times to know what is good//bad.

n00ne

As long as div2-prem stays vanilla imho nobody cares what unlocks the lower divs use

IPZIE

SUAVE

i like how you said div2 :9

Quoted from IPZIE

i like how you said div2 :9

Vanilla Guardians

alba

duplo

Pyrovision for s13!

Kaneco

Quoted from CrashSite

You got an idea? Go do it. If you really need help, add me and I can help with advise, as I have failed enough times to know what is good//bad.

A bit of offtopic but I’m actually working on a web project for introducing players to comp tf2, kind of like a tf2 competitive hub, only for totally new players, let’s see how it will work out

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

A bit of offtopic but I’m actually working on a web project for introducing players to comp tf2, kind of like a tf2 competitive hub, only for totally new players, let’s see how it will work out

Awesome if you want any help add me, I know quite a lot of the frequently asked questions and other things that might prove useful.

THE_WILLY

Why don’t you make div7 for new players with specific unlocks? And everyone who played div6 previously would be banned from getting there.

Or you could make a beta ladder and try to play the game with different ruleset.

aaaaa

2 years ago (i think cant remember now lol?)
>prem players should have more say about banning unlocks they know the game the best
“hur durrudhdurhrur they only small part of community don’t take my unlocks you all leave soon anyway there is more than just div 1 & prem rabble rabble derp durrr”

>prem players should have more say about bringing unlocks back they know the game best
“yes well it’s only fair that the top players should have their say really, they probably allow all unlocks and since that’s what i want they have my full backing on this one what’s good for prem is good for all”

svins

alus
P.O.P

When I started to play comp, I already hated all the pub weapons because those weapons are boring/op. I actually read some stuff about 6v6 and watched a few clips how people play it not just went to tf2lobby and said: “Why I cant use my liberty gardner thing!? Ahh this is bs, I`ll go to HL where I can shoot with my laser cow mangler 5000 gun!!!”

I think that many players would just stop playing 6v6 if there would be unlocks..And thats why EU tf2 is the coolest as we dont have those op/boring workshop masterpieces allowed.

Also ban steam workshop.

Void

.:ne:.
CWoT

Quoted from aaaaa

2 years ago (i think cant remember now lol?)
>prem players should have more say about banning unlocks they know the game the best
“hur durrudhdurhrur they only small part of community don’t take my unlocks you all leave soon anyway there is more than just div 1 & prem rabble rabble derp durrr”

And that’s why they want to include players of all skill levels in the panel.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Arx TF2 Test League:
6v6, class limit 1, Full unlocks (No Exceptions (at least to start with)).
——————————————————

Predicted Class Setup: scout, medic, soldier, demo, heavy, utility*
* highly optional and customisable.

——————————————————

My predictions on gameplay:

– Consistent format, with small elements of variability.
– Unlocks having less of an effect, as they completely change your team’s structure.
— An example:
— Having only one soldier, means a gunboats bombing soldier leaves the team with less defensive cover on the medic, so can you risk using this strategy?

– Midfights are rarely over before all the classes arrive, and more variations for mid-fights are viable.

– Makes all of the classes in TF2 viable:
— Sentries are more effective due to less spam classes being on the field.
— Spies are a more viable choice, as only having one of each class can mean you can be selective on who you pick, based on the map situation (want to jump in? pick off the soldier etc…).
— Snipers highly valuable as heavys will be a common feature and teams have less damage output in general.
— Pyros can focus on protecting easier due to less spam classes on the field, and unlocks actually make this a viable class.

– Teams can work on playing, and developing their own style, rather than having to play the game in the current format, with very little room for viable change.

I could go on forever, but there you go, something fun to think about :P

———————————————————————

So yeah. Be my guest and rip it to shreads :) otherwise, go setup a couple of divisions and make a season (not a cup, a limit availability season), see how it plays out :)

Waebi

‹Con›

OMG BUT THEN WE HAVE TOO MANY SCOUTS AND SOLDIERS THAT NEED TO LEARN A NEW CLASS WHAT ABOUT THEM (((

Last edited by Waebi,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 28 Next »