Forum

Unlocks panel

Created 30th June 2012 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 28 Next »

Setlet

Quoted from Kaneco

now tell me with the current ruleset how hasn’t everything been milked to the max.

-.-

Quoted from Monkeh

What I see going on is every single eu tf2 player that doesn’t, or hasn’t ever, played us rules, theorizing about a game mode and rule set that they haven’t played competitively for a couple of years, in which time a lot of the weapons have been changed and tweaked, and in the case of first to 5, never, arguing from a completely ignorant standpoint.

The people who have played both, or are at least familiar to both through casts and what not, generally seem to favour playing and speculating the us game. Please do note the general thing, but i have spoke to a few people from every ‘camp’ over the course of the last couple of weeks and it just seems daft to think that we somehow know more about playing serious high level tf2 with a few unlocks by sitting round thinking about it, than the yanks do after actually playing with them forever, having serious discussions about them forever and having a growing scene where we do not.

Personally i’m not bored with vanilla tf2, but lots of people are and i can see why it would be a turn off for new players as well.

I love watching US TF2, but there’s a difference between thinking its great and thinking it’d work in europe. Im a massive afficiando of the first to 5 ruleset, although playing hour long games can grate on me sometimes.

And also i still dont get the turn off thing, you can talk to me in steam if you like

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

I can’t really see what can still be done that hasn’t been done in the past 3 or 4 years with the vanilla ruleset.

I see new and interesting strategies and ways of playing crop up in high level tf2 every few weeks, and i think theres so much more still to come as the metagame changes; unlocks do not always add depth to the game, and I for one would like to see less unlocks (kritz and maybe ubersaw)

Sketch

MM

Quoted from CanFo

We talked this over in our admin cave last night. What would you think of a heavily moderated forum where people can apply to get access to? Offtopic comments, insults, trollbaits will be deleated and punished with a 1-day forum ban, the second offense means the access to the forum will be revoked. Everybody can apply (and will be accepted) if he has not been banned from that forum before.
That forum could be used for a lot lilke feedback on maps and unlocks or rules.

you should just do that on the forums anyway :D

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

There are all kinds of shit you can do just with the vanilla ruleset, “more strategies” is hardly a reason to allow unlocks. As someone pointed out earlier, most of the unlocks either make classes do something they’re just not supposed to do. For instance, flaregun. A pyro isn’t supposed to be able to fight long range, the class was designed to do just the opposite. The quickfix allows retarded maneuverability on the medic, which is also not intended originally, and the same goes for the overdose. While the unlocks may be in balance and are just viable sidegrades, it still takes the point out of playing a class based game. Why have 9 classes if all of them can do somewhat the same things? There are supposed to be obvious counters to all classes, and the unlocks change that. While they add a whole new level of rock-paper-scissors-snake-spock to the game that nobody can keep up with. While you can get surprised with people picking random classes, you can’t really expect or even notice a certain unlock is used. When you can’t possibly know what’s happening, gamesense doesn’t help. If you can’t know that a spy is for instance standing behind your team perma-cloaked, you can’t do anything about it.

Another thing, most of the unlocks are just annoying as fuck.

Sketch

MM

I think unlocks add something to the game. I have played for years and years with vanilla and enjoyed it. A little bit of variation is a lot of fun. Not many unlocks are really that game changing that it will make much difference to the meta game.

It is nice to use a few different weapons from time to time. Just as it is nice to offclass every now and then. Imo as long as the unlocks are kept to a handful, its fine. Maybe we could even rotate throuh different selections of weapons between seasons to bring some variety.

Kaneco

Quoted from rytis

[…]
we are playing vanilla – everyone is happy

“I am happy, therefore everyone is happy”

LOLOL Fallacious arguments

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

I see new and interesting strategies and ways of playing crop up in high level tf2 every few weeks, and i think theres so much more still to come as the metagame changes; unlocks do not always add depth to the game, and I for one would like to see less unlocks (kritz and maybe ubersaw)

That’s it, ban kritz, ubersaw and while you’re at it ban FUN alltogether and we can finally play our little happy dead game, yay for full vanilla!

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Are you unhappy playing tf2 without unlocks?

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

[…]
That’s it, ban kritz, ubersaw and while you’re at it ban FUN alltogether and we can finally play our little happy dead game, yay for full vanilla!

the shit you post.. holy balls dude you need to stop posting in this thread for the sake of everyone

Kaneco

Quoted from Gubbins

[…]

Are you unhappy playing tf2 without unlocks?

Heh, trick question, yes I play because it’s fun but I prefer and would have way more fun if we had unlocks, and yes I played 6s before with unlocks. So short answer yes I’m unhappy, long answer no, I’m happy because I am still having fun (although I am starting to get more and more bored) but I would be way more happy with unlocks.

Quoted from rytis

[…]
the shit you post.. holy balls dude you need to stop posting in this thread for the sake of everyone

Different opinions are a wonderful thing aren’t they??

Last edited by Kaneco,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from rytis

[…]

It’s not nearly as bad as the stuff you come up with.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]

It’s not nearly as bad as the stuff you come up with.

sad truth :(

AnimaL

Quoted from Monkeh

The people who have played both, or are at least familiar to both through casts and what not, generally seem to favour playing and spectating the us game.

???????????????????? jesus fuck someone please revoke this guys ability to post the utter bullshit he does on every single post

Last edited by AnimaL,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Heh, trick question, yes I play because it’s fun but I prefer and would have way more fun if we had unlocks, and yes I played 6s before with unlocks. So short answer yes I’m unhappy, long answer no, I’m happy because I am still having fun (although I am starting to get more and more bored) but I would be way more happy with unlocks.

[…]

Different opinions are a wonderful thing aren’t they??

Translation: I can’t position myself, I need the escapist (or whatever the new eq is called) to help me play.

Never played in a season yet feels he can comment that we have scraped the barrel for all strategies. Is this real?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 28 Next »