Forum

Unlocks panel

Created 30th June 2012 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 28 Next »

THE_WILLY

So, what I’ve read from your commets is that people are getting bored at 6v6 and more and more are joining for the 9v9 and you state your reason that people want to play with unlocks. From my point of view I consider this false. So why are players signing up for 9v9 instead of 6v6? Isn’t it that they feel kinda rewarded if they get a nice medal for participation? What I’m trying to say, there is a long way before you can win anything in TF2 (I mean something like prizes). So instead of changing the rules intirely, we have to think about how to reward players that aren’t from prem – div1? What if we make play-offs at the end of the season for every division and then the winner would be rewarded with a nice prize? It doesn’t have to be mouse pads or anything like that, it can be HATS for example. Especially new players like hats, and if they could win then just by playing the game, I’m sure they would do it.

So please consider this too, don’t change the rules change the approach to non-top players ;)

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from aaaaa

http://tinyurl.com/3tdn4q3

I don’t see no official results, sorry weaboo.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from aaaaa

[…]

I never said that, you need to stop trying to discredit me with whatever comes in to your head. If you’re that desperate then try http://tinyurl.com/3tdn4q3 (easily available on the team profiles you seem to have been stalking) we got to div 4 then I rage quit the week before the season xD

I know you’re from a third world country but that doesn’t mean you have to be ignorant. You’re not bargaining for goat milk at the market, you’re dealing with civilised western europeans!

Hi Techtron.

cribbe

TC

allow overdose, gunboats, unlocks that actually have a fair trade off etc and that would be cool in my opinion

NoJu

8D

Hey guys, how about instead of allowing unlocks to make new strategies, how about, get this, it might blow your fucking mind here:

Coming up with new strategies to change the game up anyway?

Kaneco

Quoted from aaaaa

[…]

You read, it not ‘heard’ it lol. I won’t bother reading anything else in your post because you once made a frag vid with lobby kills so that pretty much sums you up in terms of skill and valid opinions xD

With this post you are hands down retarded. You could even be fuckin TLR or b4nny, that doesn’t give you the right to dismiss an entire argument and a person because he made video edit in his free time with some frags he liked, from whatever games he played.

Quoted from NoJu

Hey guys, how about instead of allowing unlocks to make new strategies, how about, get this, it might blow your fucking mind here:

Coming up with new strategies to change the game up anyway?

Great, because all strategies haven’t already been exploited and overused with the current options we have…

Don’t you understand allowing more unlocks = more options that could be used for new strategies and game mechanics

We haven’t even begun to realise what we can do in vanilla strategy wise

dodgydogman

Panda

Click floor, click medic? Because iv got that one nailed DOWN.

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Chaplain

We haven’t even begun to realise what we can do in vanilla strategy wise

people are too stiff to realise even with medlocks there are a lot of styles of play people can create. the main question here shouldn’t be “should we allow x unlock because it helps me do x things better and open up x possibilities”, it should sound more like “how do we master the game with the current rule set”. You don’t walk into a chess game and demand that your pawns be allowed to move diagonally because “it opens up new tactics and makes the game more interesting”, you should just use your own brains and make up your own play with the existing rule. Maybe the whole unlock shitstorm going isn’t about the unlock itself; it may be because some people in some teams feel like they have to do too many roles at one go/not sure how to do things properly, etc. Roaming soldier not doing his job? “gimme gunboats+equalizer, swap him to pocket, and i’ll do the job 100x better.”

What NoJu said above is completely valid; we CAN make new strategies if we wanted to. However, people are too fixated on their current styles of play that all other “experimentative types” of strategies are frowned upon (and most of the time disliked to an extent of hatred).

Phrozen

?

Quoted from FIR

[…]

You don’t walk into a chess game and demand that your pawns be allowed to move diagonally because “it opens up new tactics and makes the game more interesting”

That part of your argument was invalid, what would be more correct would be, “You don’t walk into a chess game demanding that your pawns be allowed move ‘2 squares forward first turn’ again because we banned it because it’s OP”

Last edited by Phrozen,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Just want to say, that on some topic somwhere, an american dude said when he played Vanilla as roamer, he went even more agressive than when he had gunboats, as he knew he couldn’t jump out again, he just went in even more.

While Euro players tend to be the most passive of all the leagues…

Just saying, work on your game and get all the strats, then decide on unlocks.

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Phrozen

[…]
That part of your argument was invalid, what would be more correct would be, “You don’t walk into a chess game demanding that your pawns be allowed move ‘2 squares forward first turn’ again because we banned it because it’s OP”

hahahahaha or better yet, ban castling because your rook can skip over your king and that’s OP

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

What I see going on is every single eu tf2 player that doesn’t, or hasn’t ever, played us rules, theorizing about a game mode and rule set that they haven’t played competitively for a couple of years, in which time a lot of the weapons have been changed and tweaked, and in the case of first to 5, never, arguing from a completely ignorant standpoint.

The people who have played both, or are at least familiar to both through casts and what not, generally seem to favour playing and spectating the us game. Please do note the general thing, but i have spoke to a few people from every ‘camp’ over the course of the last couple of weeks and it just seems daft to think that we somehow know more about playing serious high level tf2 with a few unlocks by sitting round thinking about it, than the yanks do after actually playing with them forever, having serious discussions about them forever and having a growing scene where we do not.

Personally i’m not bored with vanilla tf2, but lots of people are and i can see why it would be a turn off for new players as well.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Kaneco

Quoted from FIR

[…]

people are too stiff to realise even with medlocks there are a lot of styles of play people can create. the main question here shouldn’t be “should we allow x unlock because it helps me do x things better and open up x possibilities”, it should sound more like “how do we master the game with the current rule set”. You don’t walk into a chess game and demand that your pawns be allowed to move diagonally because “it opens up new tactics and makes the game more interesting”, you should just use your own brains and make up your own play with the existing rule. Maybe the whole unlock shitstorm going isn’t about the unlock itself; it may be because some people in some teams feel like they have to do too many roles at one go/not sure how to do things properly, etc. Roaming soldier not doing his job? “gimme gunboats+equalizer, swap him to pocket, and i’ll do the job 100x better.”

What NoJu said above is completely valid; we CAN make new strategies if we wanted to. However, people are too fixated on their current styles of play that all other “experimentative types” of strategies are frowned upon (and most of the time disliked to an extent of hatred).

I can’t really see what can still be done that hasn’t been done in the past 3 or 4 years with the vanilla ruleset. Unlocks allow for more options and possibility to develop new strategies and plays, and that’s a fact, you have a total different set of play possibilities as a gunboats soldier than you have with a shotgun soldier. As you also have a total different set of possibilities when running a boston basher scout on your team. It just opens up a whole new world tactic wise to explore, now tell me with the current ruleset how hasn’t everything been milked to the max.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

I can’t really see what can still be done that hasn’t been done in the past 3 or 4 years with the vanilla ruleset. Unlocks allow for more options and possibility to develop new strategies and plays, and that’s a fact, you have a total different set of play possibilities as a gunboats soldier than you have with a shotgun soldier. As you also have a total different set of possibilities when running a boston basher scout on your team. It just opens up a whole new world tactic wise to explore, now tell me with the current ruleset how hasn’t everything been milked to the max.

we fucking tried unlocks – it was shit.
we are playing vanilla – everyone is happy

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 28 Next »