Forum

So if Epsilon do fold after lan ..what happens to etf2l ?

Created 14th June 2012 @ 15:12

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

Leif

Quoted from instag1b

[…]

He does, but it’s in passing, and I’m pretty sure he meant the ETF2L highlander challenge.

IIRC he’s asked about what an esport is, and he says that it is wide ranging, from professional gaming to an online TF2 tournament.

cba to scrawl through 3 hours to find a link.

Yeah, he just mention that at 1.55.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from kaidus

I considered this idea a while back, but I reached the conclusion that multiplay wouldn’t be interested as despite the invite tournament; winter and spring (particularly winter) attendance would still be shit, and the prize money for i-series events comes directly from ticket sales. Without that guaranteed attendance there is not enough money for orgs like epsilon to send their teams to this event, and the whole idea falls on it’s ass. Really I think it would take an outside sponsor other than multiplay to get on board, but that brings us back to impressing at i46.

Yeah sponsorship as always is the crux of the issue. The biggest and most obvious sponsor is the one we seem to give the least thought to: Valve. With their new found interest in eSports through DOTA2 and CS:GO to a lesser extent I wonder do they have any room in their strategy for TF2.

Even things like indirect sponsorship through selling ETF2L items in the Mann Co. Store seem like concepts that have not been fully explored. To the best of my knowledge, no one has really pursued these avenues beyond initial inquires.

Multiplay themselves might even be interested in some minor sponsorship, but just having them involved in any form would surely add more clout to any serious attempt to find sponsorship for such a system.

I would hope that the invite tournament would stimulate increased attendance at the winter and spring events, but as a potential sponsor that would definitely be a big worry going on the previous numbers… :E

longas

CS 1.6 out of IEM and WCG. This is the moment, 2012 year of TF2.

Last edited by longas,

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from longas

CS 1.6 out of IEM and WCG. This is the moment, 2012 year of TF2.

Shame you just left… :(

atmo

Admirable I believe those ideas were already floated in terms of Valve sponsoring i46, with eXtv approaching them with similar propositions. I think the diversity of the TF2 community might be working against us in this case as Valve were reluctant to show favouritism.

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from atmo

Admirable I believe those ideas were already floated in terms of Valve sponsoring i46, with eXtv approaching them with similar propositions. I think the diversity of the TF2 community might be working against us in this case as Valve were reluctant to show favouritism.

favouritism? where’s the 6v6 participation medals and shit then? :P

droso

o/

Quoted from Ghostface

Notice how no ACTUAL top players are commenting on TF2’s decline. Only bads from mid-divisions/droso.

Epsilon folding after i46 is pretty much their way of saying they think the game is dead…
If they thought the game still had something to offer, they’d probably stick with it.

Just look at the facts: we’ve only had one big LAN tournament this year (i43) and a much smaller Gamers Assembly with only Epsilon turning up.
No BoA, small winter and spring i-series.

Last edited by droso,

Ghostface

spire

No, it’s their way of saying that some of them have IRL commitments, while others don’t.

droso

o/

Quoted from Ghostface

No, it’s their way of saying that some of them have IRL commitments, while others don’t.

Like playing shootmania?

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from droso

[…]

Epsilon folding after i46 is pretty much their way of saying they think the game is dead…
If they thought the game still had something to offer, they’d probably stick with it.

Just look at the facts: we’ve only had one big LAN tournament this year (i43) and a much smaller Gamers Assembly with only Epsilon turning up.

honestly mate, if this is such a problem to you why don’t you just leave and stop spouting shit on the forums of people that are still interested in playing the game?

alfa

cu@shootmania europe

droso

o/

Quoted from Tornf4lk

[…]

honestly mate, if this is such a problem to you why don’t you just leave and stop spouting shit on the forums of people that are still interested in playing the game?

wow. This is still a gaming forum, right?
I’m just expressing my opinion. There is litteraly no need for you to be agressive like that because you don’t like it.

I just think that LAN-wise, this year has been truly dissapointing and I’m not expecting next year to be any better.
I have no doubt the game will stay alive for a long time on this very league but we’ll probably have to wave goodbye to several top teams.

Last edited by droso,

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from droso

I have no doubt the game will stay alive for a long time on this very league but we’ll probably have to wave goodbye to several top teams.

Aaaaaand…?

They were entertaining while it lasted, ggwpcya.
What you seem to not be getting here is that with or without them, the show goes on. Teams form, teams fold. That’s how it is. Deal with it.

Sometimes you just have to learn to let go of the past and live in the present.

just move on, Dota 2, CS:GO, Shootmania are all good candidates to get involved in

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from droso

[…]

The game has the same things to offer that it always had -> fun and the satisfaction of winning/competing at something you enjoy doing.

I wonder where/when the transition happens from “I enjoy competing in TF2” to “I am Prem and I think I deserve to get money for it or else I quit”

This game is so far from dead, the last game I played (Rogue Spear) for almost 8-9 years straight never even had the Numbers TF2 still has now to begin with.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »