Entry point

Created 9th May 2012 @ 07:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from .

[…]

There is a reason nobody wants to play with a 11 year old. I remember we had a 13 year old scout back in early Moder and holy fuck was he annoying! Honestly this isn’t CSS or BF3, the tf2 scene if filled with players in their late teens and older. If there is some place there are younger kids in its 9v9 but even there most players are pretty mature. Would you consider letting a 11 year old join your team?

The few things i can say to help the guy out is the following: Look around at different communities and see if they have a HL team and see if you can join that. A lot of pubber communities have one/wants to make one.

Practise your aim and dodging skills at DM and MGE server, just don’t use any 6v6 banned unlocks or most serious people are going to quit right away.

Stay calm and never shout when talking to someone in mumble, make sure your calls are short and precise so you won’t clutter up the voice chat. (it happens a lot, especially in 9v9). Also be polite when typing and stay away from shortened words such as “plz”.

Also read guides for your class and watch some STV demos and castings of 9v9. Pay attention to every class position and usage. Also try to play some pickups (im sure there are pickups for 9v9 too) and join the highlander double mix group on steam.

Since you are so young most people won’t give you a second chance if they think of you as immature so try and be as mature and kind as possible to everybody and they might ask you to join their team. Good luck

Atleast you’re nice after everyone told you how stupid your first post was.

Let the kid play what he wants, 9v9 or 6v6.

Last edited by Thalash,

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

Quoted from .

[…]

There is a reason nobody wants to play with a 11 year old. I remember we had a 13 year old scout back in early Moder and holy fuck was he annoying! Honestly this isn’t CSS or BF3, the tf2 scene if filled with players in their late teens and older. If there is some place there are younger kids in its 9v9 but even there most players are pretty mature. Would you consider letting a 11 year old join your team?

The few things i can say to help the guy out is the following: Look around at different communities and see if they have a HL team and see if you can join that. A lot of pubber communities have one/wants to make one.

Practise your aim and dodging skills at DM and MGE server, just don’t use any 6v6 banned unlocks or most serious people are going to quit right away.

Stay calm and never shout when talking to someone in mumble, make sure your calls are short and precise so you won’t clutter up the voice chat. (it happens a lot, especially in 9v9). Also be polite when typing and stay away from shortened words such as “plz”.

Also read guides for your class and watch some STV demos and castings of 9v9. Pay attention to every class position and usage. Also try to play some pickups (im sure there are pickups for 9v9 too) and join the highlander double mix group on steam.

Since you are so young most people won’t give you a second chance if they think of you as immature so try and be as mature and kind as possible to everybody and they might ask you to join their team. Good luck

natta

Quoted from Thalash

[…]

Atleast you’re nice after everyone told you how stupid your first post was.

Let the kid play what he wants, 9v9 or 6v6.

Hey, i was just stating my opinion. Of course the SNSD guys and of all the div 1-3 teams are skilled and stuff, its just a dumb game mode imo. The kid can play whatever he wants to

kustom3

AwS
DA!

PEGI 16
/thread

forumtroll

just let the kid play what he wants, I started CS back when I was 8 years old.

also div9 dribblers from this thread should be gone.

vani

Bully

Always fun to see new people. Who cares about age and game mode, lets have fun.

Regardless of what you’ll be more interested in, you probably want to pick a main class and practice your deathmatching/aim. You need a firm understanding of the game mechanics, but that will come with time, no need to burn out yourself trying to learn every detail, but standing a chance against other players and holding your own in 1v1 duel is a start.

There’s something called deathmatch (DM) servers where you can only play scout, soldier and demoman and in some cases sniper, and you instantly respawn close to each other. Those are the primary combat classes you play in 6v6, and DM servers are meant for general aim and dodging practice. I would post IPs to some of them but I’m not on Steam at the moment. Its nine in the morning though, you probably wont read this right now.

There are probably better people than me when it comes to highlander help and what not, but general stuff to practice besides aim is

– Surrounding awareness, try to look around you constantly too see whats happening, when you’re reloading, when you’re running around or whenever you don’t need to focus on something.

– Movement and dodging, the harder you are to hit the better. At the start its going to be a bit hard, so until you find your own pattern, spamming left and right erratically works fine.

– Speaking and communicating, get a sense of whats important to call out and not. Don’t call every single shot you hit, but don’t stay silent either. For example, call someone to focus down together or similar.

Honestly idk if anything has been posted already but that’s my 5 cents…

hybridcookies

Fizzy

Thanks everyone for the support

ominous7

Dummy

Quoted from vani

and if everything else fails download a 2D radar

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Good luck fella, age shouldn’t be an issue as long as you don’t act like an idiot or have to go to bed midway through a match.

I used to play with this kid, 13 at the time I think he was, never too annoying, never got whisked off to bed at 9, never raged or spammed binds and was an absolute pleasure to play with.

He prem now. Hey Fuo….*waves*

tf2lobby is a great place to start, the highlander scene there has exploded over the last few months and there is nearly ALWAYS a highlander game to join and have some fun, don’t worry if people rage at you, it’s probably because they’ve just realised they might be homosexual and it worries them…

Last edited by Monkeh,

hybridcookies

Fizzy

thanks

Lateralus

I started playing when i was 13, i think. (I’m 15 now, for reference.)
As long as you don’t have a really squeaky voice like me, you’re gonna be fine. Probably.

Benvarmeren

Quoted from Lateralus

I started playing when i was 13, i think. (I’m 15 now, for reference.)
As long as you don’t have a really squeaky voice like me, you’re gonna be fine. Probably.

Just get a really deep voice like me

hans

If you have a high voice just pretend to be a girl. Works every time.

hybridcookies

Fizzy

You may now call me Amy

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »