Created 16th April 2012 @ 15:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

Fishy

I miss this :(

mortiii

vertex »

yea.. used to be fun

Stimpy

Well IDK asked ages ago about making it again, but ETF2L would’t realease steam id’s if i remember correctly.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Stimpy

Well IDK asked ages ago about making it again, but ETF2L would’t realease steam id’s if i remember correctly.

http://etf2l.org/about/xml-api/

The only thing really missing from this is the option to query for multiple users at once, which is on the to-do list by request of Dave.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

drop the api source code, we’ll fix it!

wrock

vier

Quoted from Stimpy

what has a pub server to to with releasing steam id’s? did i miss something?

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Well you could check wether the steamid of the player (who’s joining the server) is associated with an ETF2L account. (and kick him if not)

wrock

vier

Quoted from nTraum

Well you could check wether the steamid of the player (who’s joining the server) is associated with an ETF2L account. (and kick him if not)

yeah but that would be hidden on the server right?
so whats the problem with it?

Fishy

So, am I understanding right: how it used to ran was if your steam id was the same as one on an etf2l account, the server would let you in. And now, etf2l doesn’t want to do this, to avoid people knowing other peoples steam ids?

Trath

Quoted from Fishy

So, am I understanding right: how it used to ran was if your steam id was the same as one on an etf2l account, the server would let you in. And now, etf2l doesn’t want to do this, to avoid people knowing other peoples steam ids?

How could you even think this is the case if ETF2L have a fucking link to the steam id on steam community, the steam id and a short link to add to friends on every etf2l user’s page?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Fishy

And now, etf2l doesn’t want to do this, to avoid people knowing other peoples steam ids?

nope, steamids arent a secret at all

wrock

vier

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

nope, steamids arent a secret at all

and where is the problem now?

Fishy

Why wouldn’t etf2l want to release steam ids then?

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

You can already test steamIDs one by one (example with wrock: http://etf2l.org/feed/player/?steamid=0:0:21338072).
What you can’t do is evaluating a list (read: more than one) at once, because the ETF2L API currently does not support this.

Nontheless I don’t know why this is necessary for running an ETF2L server, you could simply write a source mod plugin that checks the existance of an ETF2L profile for every player who’s connecting. No need for bulk checks there.

Dave? :>

Last edited by nTraum,

wrock

vier

isnt there something like a whitelist for userid?
so the list gets updated once a day so the api dont have to acces multiple at once

found it:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=80647

it should work that way, shouldn’t it?

edit: so the only thing remaining is to get a list from etf2l with all steamid’s (updated daily)

Last edited by wrock,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »