delay match - okey

Created 18th March 2012 @ 22:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Kenny

v. existence

lol what?
delay match?

http://etf2l.org/matches/31302/

then WHY nobody from admins announced, that teams can delay matchs?

thx, np.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

How about ask nicely? Like everyone else did?
Also the Default Date was set for the 15th, so both teams would have had to agree to re-schedule, no sign of anything on the match page. So dont be surprised.

AnimaL

i dont get this either… first admins say that all matches after saturday will get nulified…but then for some reason they dont? :DD ok

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-20709/page-2/?recent=372310#post-371588

Saturday was the last day of the season, BUT, if your team actually had problems scheduling your last official, then you should have contacted an admin on irc asking desperately what to do. They would have told you that if you REALLY can’t finish before saturday, the match can be played on sunday too. It’s called “exception to the rule” and afaik everybody who actually took effort to fix their scheduling problems was eligible for this exception.

For instance: http://etf2l.org/matches/31392/

“since you asked very nicely, i could allow you to play on sunday”

Ugh, my team had to play two officials on the same night with next to no practice because we thought that after Saturday it was impossible. Good thing we’re shit and would have lost anyway.

Kenny

v. existence

2sonnyblack , lol. you ANNOUNCED at news “Deadline: The deadline for all matches is Saturday, 17th of March, every match unplayed after that will be nullified!”

it’s not me writed, okey?

sonnyblack, not only you who did misinformed most of the teams, but other admins too.
in my eyes so serious league just have lost reputation

2skeej , only few ppl monitor this forum and read every message 24/7

Last edited by Kenny,

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

i have to agree if you dont read forums alot you would have missed the info that you can “ask nicely for a exception to play on sunday”
dont know why the deadline was set to saturday instead of sunday for all teams…

baerbel

trick17
trick17

and you never will

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Kenny

2skeej , only few ppl monitor this forum and read every message 24/7

Quoted from skeej

if your team actually had problems scheduling your last official, then you should have contacted an admin on irc asking desperately what to do. They would have told you that if you REALLY can’t finish before saturday, the match can be played on sunday too.

If you had contacted an admin you would have known. If the last day was officially sunday, then we’d have people begging to play on monday, etc…

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

When I spoke to two different admins, I was told that games had to be played by Saturday 17th March, otherwise they’d be nulled/defaulted (depending on the scenarios). It made it stressful having to arrange games against teams who were not particularly capable of organising themselves.

I feel disappointed if the inability to have an extra day actually messed up someone’s season. Hopefully it didn’t, but there are certainly lessons that can be learned in terms of communication (from both sides).

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

http://etf2l.org/about/calendar/
Check what the event on the 17th of March. If you cannot use the tools that are available at your hands you might wanna consider giving someone else leader in your team.

I did not misinform at all, the 17th of March was the official deadline. Some teams had the presence of mind though, to ask if they could play on Sunday. That was the case when both teams were not able, due to other commitments to play at the appointed time. If they had valid reasons, if both teams agreed and MOST IMPORTANTLY if they contacted us, we obviously had not a big problem giving them additional 24 hours.

Dont blame me for your laziness, it its not the admins that have to ask the teams if they need another day and maybe a warm bottle of milk as well with some friendly hugs, it is the teams that have to act and communicate instead. If you want to be babysitted this is not the right place.

Kenny

v. existence

sonny sonny. sad sad, that etf2l become more like fun league :)
we all remember, season 9 “most successful season”, i thought after this season admins have made conclusions, but seems that no.

if you post at home page news, that “Deadline: The deadline for all matches is Saturday, 17th of March, every match unplayed after that will be nullified!”

the deadline must be at 17th of March, you have just misinformed players and teams.
gj, keep it.

why are you complaining? Just be happy we have kind mods instead

AnimaL

Sonny Black, wd taking a shit over ppl who arrange matches, im def not going to do it ever again in this league

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Some of you really need to look up what “exception” means.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »