Forum

Season 12 - Vote For Gravelpit And....

Created 14th March 2012 @ 21:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

byte

No gravelpit, no TF2. It’s the ultimate decider map frankly no map custom or standard can compete with such a map as a decider.

Only thing I might agree with tappers about is creating a pro version to shorten the time, from 10mins to 8mins allowing the attacking team about 6 pushes :)

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I tried voting it out of the mappool this season already, honestly, every official i’ve played gravel over the past 3 seasons has taken 1 hour 30 minutes or more for the single map. It’s the most boring map for me to play as a pocket soldier as you literally stand around doing nothing for long periods of time.

Watching it can be fun if one team is aweaomely coordinated and the other is awful, but otherwise, again, you’re just watching people stand around for 1-2 minutes, pushing and capping or pushing and failing, rinse repeat.

Most frustrating map to play, most entertaining map to watch.

With the amount of players 9m have, cant you just sit out?

trams

-><-

Yeah, keep the map but shorten it with bo2 or a pro version.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from byte

No gravelpit, no TF2. It’s the ultimate decider map frankly no map custom or standard can compete with such a map as a decider.

Only thing I might agree with tappers about is creating a pro version to shorten the time, from 10mins to 8mins allowing the attacking team about 6 pushes :)

Cheers

Byte

so true. Many good games on it and in particular Lan games playing against yourself byte ;D.

this map fuss is a like a broken record with no good justifications. Always the same I dont enjoy the map lets remove it. >_>

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Love this map but it takes so fucking looooooooong to play. Our official last night took over an hour, and I would have had to leave if it had gone on for much longer. I’m definitely in favour of shortening the time a little.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Si^

[…]

so true. Many good games on it and in particular Lan games playing against yourself byte ;D.

this map fuss is a like a broken record with no good justifications. Always the same I dont enjoy the map lets remove it. >_>

How is my post like a broken record? Where did i say i don’t enjoy the map? I clearly state i don’t mind the map, i dont mind the fact you have to use strats and team work, the problem is it taking like one and a half hours to complete a map then you have to play *another* map and whilst this map is loading everyones fucked off to get a drink and go to the toilet, oh someones crashed and then the next map takes a year to kick off.

The disdain i have for this map is it involves my whole evening playing tf2! Some may love this, but i’d rather play the 2 maps in a reasonable time and then go get a beer. It appears this problem has only occured since the no-draws allowed rule.

Stimpy

Tend to agree with byte, it’s the best map for sorting the men from the boys.
The people, who don’t like it, probably win games purely on DM skill.
This map punishes people who try that, unless u have a plan to co-ordinate with the rest of you team. I.E has a purpose.

This map has a huge team play aspect, and teams that don’t play well get punished. Or turtle the shit out of the game for 1h -1h:30m.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

How is my post like a broken record? Where did i say i don’t enjoy the map? I clearly state i don’t mind the map, i dont mind the fact you have to use strats and team work, the problem is it taking like one and a half hours to complete a map then you have to play *another* map and whilst this map is loading everyones fucked off to get a drink and go to the toilet, oh someones crashed and then the next map takes a year to kick off.

The disdain i have for this map is it involves my whole evening playing tf2! Some may love this, but i’d rather play the 2 maps in a reasonable time and then go get a beer. It appears this problem has only occured since the no-draws allowed rule.

the class of these topics as a whole.

Setlet

Let the 3rd round be a golden cap.

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Enef

I tried voting it out of the mappool this season already, honestly, every official i’ve played gravel over the past 3 seasons has taken 1 hour 30 minutes or more for the single map. It’s the most boring map for me to play as a pocket soldier as you literally stand around doing nothing for long periods of time.

Watching it can be fun if one team is aweaomely coordinated and the other is awful, but otherwise, again, you’re just watching people stand around for 1-2 minutes, pushing and capping or pushing and failing, rinse repeat.

your trolling right? standing arround as a soldier doing nothing, sounds like the wrong way to play gpit for me!

Spike Himself

TC

I don’t get why gpit taking long is such a big issue. We’re here to play games all night long, right?
Granted, it’s fairly exhausting. Stop being a pussy and deal with it :D

Sketch

MM

Remove all maps that you cant find pcw’s for

Freight
Gravelpit

freight is very dull and spawns still have not been fixed.

Cant get pcw’s on Gravelpit (easily) and this has led to some dull old tactics being used, its become a bit stale imo. Shortening the time limit would be great because then people may actually practice it in general pcw’s

I think everyone likes gravelpit as a map. but nobody likes playing the map because it always takes too long Because you cant roll a team on defence. you have to wait for the timer if you rape them. therefore it sucks 50% of the time

introduce maximum deaths for the attacking teams? there are many flaws in this but just putting it out there

Last edited by Sketch,

Rabb1T

SnG
SnG

all times we found a enemy for gravelpit pretty easy,when the week that includes cp_gravelpit is coming a lot of teams want to practice it,also don’t forget that you can talk with friendly teams from same country to help you out with it,or even any team that you played before.
gpit is everything about teamwork. Not about who has best DM or can just die,respawn and die again. being killed on gravel might be deciding factor of match.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »