Forum

Season 11 has an incorrect number of weeks

Created 11th March 2012 @ 18:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Kritzonite

qn.

It’s pretty clear that season 11 has fewer weeks than it should have. If in any of the first 6 weeks a team has a problem with player availability, they are able to use a wildcard or come to an agreement with the other team regarding postponement to the following week. In week 7, however, this possibility does not exist. This means that if you have difficulty playing your games in the final week, you don’t have the same privilege as those having problems in earlier weeks, who can postpone until they have their desired lineup available. Instead you are forced to either default games or play them with mercs. Given the increased chance of games stacking up in a final week relative to other weeks, this situation starts to make even less sense.

To be clear on the structure of the season, here’s a partial description of it so you understand the flaw:

Week commencing January 22 – Scheduling Week, no playing required
Week commencing Jan 29 – Match Week 1 – games scheduled in Scheduling Week played here
Week commencing Feb 5 – Match Week 2 – games scheduled in Match Week 1 played here, games postponed from Match Week 1 played here
Week commencing Feb 12 – Match Week 3 – games scheduled in Match Week 2 played here, games postponed from Match Week 2 played here

And so on and so on. Where do the games postponed from Match Week 7 go?

I’d therefore like to request that the season be extended by one week. Not a new week, not an excuse for the season to drag on indefinitely, simply install that one week that should have been there in the first place.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

So damn true. Especially the fact that teams always fall victim to matches that were postponed earlier, calls for a required extra week. You can’t really force the teams to have finished all their games in week Week 7.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

+1 more week would be great.
look @ how many teams have to play 2 or 3 games next week

rtan

-9w-

agreed.

Setlet

Hasn’t this been a problem in every season? Not only season11.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Kritzonite

If in any of the first 6 weeks a team has a problem with player availability, they are able to use a wildcard or come to an agreement with the other team regarding postponement to the following week. In week 7, however, this possibility does not exist.

On the other hand, you only have 1 week to schedule your week 1 game, yet you have 8 weeks to schedule your week 7 game :)

Other than that, +1 for an extra week :D

Sylosin

MEAT
evCon.

Quoted from Spike Himself

On the other hand, you only have 1 week to schedule your week 1 game, yet you have 8 weeks to schedule your week 7 game :)

because everybody plans their life down to the day, 2 months in advance.

and yeah, I support an extra week (though my team doesn’t need it tbh)

Last edited by Sylosin,

IPZIE

SUAVE

how long is it going to take until an admin is going to reply to this?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Sylosin

[…]

because everybody plans their life down to the day, 2 months in advance

you mean…. they dont? :(

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

you mean…. they dont? :(

no i mean someone that is actually up for an solution and is not into that kind of humor to derail threads constantly

Spike Himself

TC

(look at what my message was in reply to! but alright I’ll stop posting here, as you wish!)

IPZIE

SUAVE

!Oxy
!Canfo!
!SonnyBlack

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from IPZIE

!Oxy
!Canfo!
!SonnyBlack

wassup

Shotgun

Seriously? Do you guys all have lives or something? Just be available everyday like me and you can´t create problems where there aren´t any!

kaidus

WiK?

HEY GUYS JUST LEAVE IT FOR THE FEEDBACK THRAD!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »