Forum

When do we get the medals?

Created 7th February 2012 @ 11:30

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 36 Next »

Selek

Dr. med.

No, there was no topic like this one before.

I was just wondering if there is an approximate ETA when the Highlander Season 1 medals/items/underwear will be handed out. Or what kind of item there will be in the first place. Will it be more like a month or a year? It’s not that I am impatient, just curious :-)

And yes, I am aware of Valve time. I know you guys were pretty quick in handing the medals out for the Highlander Challenge after the correct API key was provided by Valve.

Last edited by emb,

Sc

yeah etf2l was “pretty quick” :DD

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Sc

yeah etf2l was “pretty quick” :DD

Eh? It seems to me they were, I was being serious.

Linus

[d¿s]

the virtual trophies havent even been added to the team pages yet. I guess some time after that..

and of course im certain the s8/s9 medals are around the corner aswell :DDD

Last edited by Linus,

ashkan

Eric Smith recently took over the responsibility of helping all the leagues and tournaments with their medals, and is currently getting up to speed. So they have been trying to get all of that sorted and build a better system for medals that doesn’t take as much time. As requested, we have sent him an overview of all the medals we have handed out, promised to hand out, or intend on promising to hand out in ETF2L. We need him to get back to us before we can progress any further. Unfortunately, the Christmas break slowed things down a bit, and many of the Valvers were snowed in for a week after that. They should get back to us any day now (apparently 1-2 days = at least 1-2 weeks).

After that, there’s some discussion, modeling and communication with Valve to be done. My best guess would be “a few months, Valve time” before we see them in-game. But when that happens, hopefully all of our medals will be added (HL s1, HL s2, s8, s9, s10, s11, s12, and ~10 Ultiduo cups)

PS. And yes, only medals will be handed out. Valve intended on letting leagues hand out other kinds of items, but after discussing it, decided to stick with medals for all competitions.

Last edited by ashkan,

oh look, this thread again

Selek

Dr. med.

ashkan:
Thanks for the elaborate answer! Too bad they decided to stick to medals. Still, medals are awesome, so who am I to complain :-)

Rainy-Chan:
Always a pleasure helping other people feel smug, you are welcome!

L-iNC

You should make the participant ‘medal’ a ribbon. The highlander challenge participant medal was way too similar to the 3rd place medal.

Slliter

They should make the medals connectable to each other like in the following link:
http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PMI1313.jpg

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Slliter

They should make the medals connectable to each other like in the following link:
http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PMI1313.jpg

My dream will come true :D

Quoted from ashkan

Eric Smith recently took over the responsibility of helping all the leagues and tournaments with their medals, and is currently getting up to speed. So they have been trying to get all of that sorted and build a better system for medals that doesn’t take as much time. As requested, we have sent him an overview of all the medals we have handed out, promised to hand out, or intend on promising to hand out in ETF2L. We need him to get back to us before we can progress any further. Unfortunately, the Christmas break slowed things down a bit, and many of the Valvers were snowed in for a week after that. They should get back to us any day now (apparently 1-2 days = at least 1-2 weeks).

After that, there’s some discussion, modeling and communication with Valve to be done. My best guess would be “a few months, Valve time” before we see them in-game. But when that happens, hopefully all of our medals will be added (HL s1, HL s2, s8, s9, s10, s11, s12, and ~10 Ultiduo cups)

PS. And yes, only medals will be handed out. Valve intended on letting leagues hand out other kinds of items, but after discussing it, decided to stick with medals for all competitions.

wasn’t Eric moved over to Dota 2 and Brandon put in charge?

ashkan

Quoted from lawn

[…]
wasn’t Eric moved over to Dota 2 and Brandon put in charge?

Nope. The other way around, as far as I know.

FirestormXL

ЯK.

Hello! Old thread, just wondering if any word whatsoever has been heard on this. The medals from last October’s 9v9 highlander tourney season 1. I found it a lil’ funny the S2 was announced with prizes of “more” medals for awards when the previous still haven’t gone out yet… anyway, TF2 tourneys are teh best, WOOOO!!!!

Herr_P

IKEA

Quoted from FirestormXL

Hello! Old thread, just wondering if any word whatsoever has been heard on this. The medals from last October’s 9v9 highlander tourney season 1. I found it a lil’ funny the S2 was announced with prizes of “more” medals for awards when the previous still haven’t gone out yet… anyway, TF2 tourneys are teh best, WOOOO!!!!

Everything you asked has already been answered.

Also. Welcome to the concept of Valve-time.

ashkan

Quoted from FirestormXL

Hello!
We’re still working on it, gonna decide on a design soon :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 36 Next »