Forum

Season 11 Map Pool Poll

Created 8th January 2012 @ 18:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

How come there was no poll nominations thread?

I feel like people couldn’t pick all the maps they wanted such yukon, turbine, viaduct etc.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

We extracted feedback from the map pool feedback thread, there was no nomination thread for season 10 either.
Nominations would have delayed the next season and would have made it harder to squeeze in 3 large competitions into one year.

Last edited by CanFo,

AnimaL

Quoted from CanFo

Nominations would have delayed the next season and would have made it harder to squeeze in 3 large competitions into one year.

*_*

default date less than 24hrs before play time is possible, but like 2 day long nomination poll isnt?

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

So is there a limit on how many options you can have in a poll or something?

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

How about having multiple rounds of voting?
So the bottom two maps are eliminated, and then people revote.
Repeat until you have it down to however many you want…

Norrlääänningen

How much would that really delay the season? When you say three large competitions, do you count highlander as one of them?

Personally I think two large competitions are sufficient. Having two would provide bigger enthusiasm about the seasons, and you could fill the gaps with one night cups and such.

You should seriously have a nomination system though, and have it in the form of a poll on the front page. Have a large amount of maps, have people nominating a maximum of six maps each, and have an option for non-listed maps. From that, take like the 12 most popular maps and have a final poll. Easy.

Last edited by Norrlääänningen,

Ghostface

spire

Can’t we just have a damn stable map pool anywhere in the near future? It’s really frustrating to have to learn different maps every season only to have them dropped in the next one. Quite frankly, I’m fine with playing only badlands and granary. Atleast those have been played since the beginning of mankind.

rarecandy

The map system in ESEA is kinda nice imo. From what I understand they vote on which map to drop from the map pool and then vote which map to replace it with. Would keep the map pool more stable while eliminating the bad apple each season

Last edited by rarecandy,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Admirable

How about having multiple rounds of voting?
So the bottom two maps are eliminated, and then people revote.
Repeat until you have it down to however many you want…

This is the best idea so far. Might take a few days more, but a 2 or 3 day limit on each round of voting and we have it done in a week or so. Awesome.

That way you can include every map in the voting, including colis and viaduct and turbine and everything.

May I remind people that Gravelpit is still broken too.

torden

broder
syster

Admirable has a good suggestion that may be overall something to use, even regardless of the obvious feedback for the lack of turbine and viaduct.

Last edited by torden,

Keyro

Cheater

Quoted from Monkeh

May I remind people that Gravelpit is still broken too.

Use _fixed version and it’s not broken ;)

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

Quoted from torden

Admirable has a good suggestion that may be overall something to use, even regardless of the obvious feedback for the lack of turbine and well.

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from Poop

[…]

May have meant viaduct instead of well. I’m never wrong of course, just an adjustment to the level of right.

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

OF COURSE

Ghostface

spire

Bring back Well.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »