Forum

The Comprehensive Guide to Determining Your Skill Level in Divisional Terms

Created 21st November 2011 @ 13:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

djc

d2f~

Hi all! I feel like it has been a while since I provided anything for this community and I would quite like to help you guys out a little. So today, while chatting with a good mate of mine (xD <– that's a pigeon!), we wound up discussing some of the threads in the recruitment section of this site! And boy howdy, there sure are some eager young beavers out there! I love the go-get-'em attitude some of you have and the lofty heights you hope for by listing yourselves as Division 1 and Division 2!

But at the same time, I realized something – figuring out which division you belong in is H.A.R.D. We are all egotistical beings and we think very highly of ourselves! We minimize our flaws and maximize our positive traits and from that, we wind up with stuff like decerto. Poop thinking he is good enough to soldier in division one, or decerto. r7an thinking he is "too good" for division five Rasta. To help you avoid the mistakes Poop and r7an have made (just check out those point totals for their div last season! whoof whoof!), I put together a little mathematical formula that can help you determine what division you *really* belong in.

First, we need to do a little information gathering. Go to your profile page and start looking through your teams. On a sheet of paper or in Notepad or wherever, write down the number of the division you have been in for each ETF2L season played. Make sure to count only seasons in which you have actually played a game or else it makes the data inaccurate!!

Using me as an example, we have:
Envision, competed in division 2 in season four.
Red Eyed Jedis, competed in divisions 4 in season five, division 3 in AFS, division 5 in season 9.
Cleveridiot, competed in division 5 in season ten.

Now let's add those numbers up. 2 + 4 + 3 + 5 + 5 = 19.
Now take that number and divide it by the number of seasons played. 19 / 5 = 3.8.

We must adjust this number to make it clean, as there is obviously not a division 3 point 8! Make sure to round DOWN, not UP, to be most accurate. My average division of 3.8 then becomes 3! Simple and clean.

So you would think the fun stops here, right? djc, division 3 player, division 3 recruitment post? Makes sense!

WRONG!

Subtract 2 from that number.

djc, division ONE player? Division ONE recruitment post? Division ONE soldier and demoman and medic? Hell, throw in a scout too, I mained it once!

It's that easy, folks! Never again struggle with the question of "am I prem or am I division one?" This formula answers the question for you!!!!!!! Alternately, you could just not be a spastic fuck and not overrate yourself greatly but then it just wouldn't be TF2.

Last edited by djc,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

tl;dr

Quoted from djc

Hi dont be a spastic fuck and dont overrate yourself greatly but then it just wouldn't be TF2.

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

xD + R7an = ???

Last edited by naMu,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Since when people play TF2 competitively to enjoy themselves?

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

g4p32w1d3

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

shit, i knew i should have put 1 instead of 2. >_>

Mark

Phase

I know you’re grieving over Waar but this is not the way. We can talk.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from freshmeatt

Since when people play TF2 competitively to enjoy themselves?

YOU UNDERSTAND NOTHING !

djc

d2f~

I decided to do the math on another player to see how this formula worked out!

http://etf2l.org/recruitment/102914/

Now, I know your first thought – Holy heck, how am I gonna look through all 29 of those teams he’s been in?! Don’t worry guys, I did it for you. The math is easy, too! So tAy has played exactly ZERO officials for any of these teams, so we do the divisional math and we have…

0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 0!

So plugging that number into the formula, we end up with a pre-adjustment divisional number of ZERO for tAy. Subtract the 2 so that we get the adjusted number, and WELL guys… some might have said that tAy listing himself as div 2/1 was well aggressive and inaccurate for a player with so little gamesense and general intelligence! But no no no, au contraire. As the formula shows, that lack of gamesense and intelligence is deserving of no less than The Premiership. In fact, with a -2 divisional rating, tAy deserves MORE than Prem. We need two more divisions just to encompass this player’s ability.

I dare say, TCM and Xman ought to swoop in and snatch tAy up before someone else wisens up to his Prem++ capabilities…

Si^

T2P
[PG]

more players advertising as div 2/1 than are in div 2/1 hence djcs point.

djc

d2f~

Quoted from Mark

I know you’re grieving over Waar but this is not the way. We can talk.

rest in peace alex :(

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Si^

more players advertising as div 2/1 than are in div 2/1 hence djcs point.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from djc

Now, I know your first thought – Holy heck, how am I gonna look through all 29 of those teams he’s been in?! Don’t worry guys, I did it for you. The math is easy, too! So tAy has played exactly ZERO officials for any of these teams, so we do the divisional math and we have…

0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 0!

I tip my hat to you sir.

And this formula works! It correctly guessed that I am a division 3 demoman :O

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Vide ozfl.

You can’t have a proper linear comparison between teams and players if you have a discrete distribution of players between divisions, so our current system only supports people’s desires to pillslessly grow their e-peens.

wrex

yay, im div2 solly now c:

Last edited by wrex,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »