Forum

Branded competitive 6v6 map

Created 18th November 2011 @ 17:38

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

DarkSlayer

not sure if this should go here or the maps section but any way:

Im in the process of making a 5cp map for 6v6 (still in the blocking outstage)

But i need a dedicated group of testers for the alpha and beta stages.

Back when i played CSS i made a competitive map and in return for ‘the kgl’ (css league) providing a group of testers/running experimental cups on the map/putting it in the league rotation when its finished i put a prefix on the map name e.g ‘de_kgl_rusty’ and had banners/billboards advertising the league in game. you can check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xYB35QbKVo

http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/155488

so if any teams/mgo’s/communities want a branded map that they helped playtest/come up with ideas and improvements for then add me on steam :)

aims of the map:

*Gameplay led design- the map will stay in block out stage/dev textures for the whole of the alpha testing
*minimilist design- will lead to much better flow and less clipping issues/anoying damage splash/too many sticky traps
*fast gameplay that does not encourage turtling or super easy back caps
*open-ish design with no uncounterable long sniper angles
*Looks good in high grafics as well as high fps configs

Last edited by DarkSlayer,

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/etf2lmaptesters

we’ve been inactive the last couple of weeks, but I’m less busy now so we’ll probably start playing again this week. Gief map and we’ll play it

archy

Quoted from DarkSlayer

*Gameplay led design- the map will stay in block out stage/dev textures for the whole of the alpha testing

good idea. make sure to get dedicated testers. otherwise you will find yourself again with feedback like “the textures are missing”. happenend to me, just saying.

Pinky, CrashSite & Co. are your first target group.

Quoted from DarkSlayer

*minimilist design- will lead to much better flow and less clipping issues/anoying damage splash/too many sticky traps

you do not necessarily have to cut design if you want to avoid all of that. and (this is my opinion though) knowing the little attributes of a map that one can exploit (nothing that is completely unfair, of course) and use to best his opponent is something nice to have.

Quoted from DarkSlayer

*fast gameplay that does not encourage turtling or super easy back caps

I assume that you are speaking of an easy to backcap last capture point. Otherwise I have to disagree with you. I, however, totally agree with the turtling part. Good luck with that!

Quoted from DarkSlayer

*open-ish design with no long sniper angles

I am honestly curious about how you are going to accomplish this.

Overall some good ideas though and I wish you good luck with your mapping progress.

Agro

(Q)<

Sounds good. KritzKast have enough people in our HL team to stress test the crap out of it, and few friends at various levels we can pull in to give it a serious work out. We should talk

Last edited by Agro,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Please try and make a roll out to mid that’s kinda hard (Like badlands), would be pretty neat.

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from Pynklùùùnningen

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/etf2lmaptesters

we’ve been inactive the last couple of weeks, but I’m less busy now so we’ll probably start playing again this week. Gief map and we’ll play it

dont forget invites sir pinky

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Please try and make a roll out to mid that’s kinda hard (Like badlands), would be pretty neat.

+1

<3 badlands roll out

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

yesss

LikeThis

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

+1

I don’t think it’s worth dedicated a whole map to one community, TF2 maps already have advertisements dotted around them for existing communities. There’s A number of Hampshire heavies posters in the SDK, along with some for Knifeback Mountaineers.

Someone should make some textures for maybe vanillatf2, etf2l, mge etc that mappers can use to decorate their maps with.

n00ne

cp_etf2l_badlands

Quoted from LikeThis

[…]

+1

I don’t think it’s worth dedicated a whole map to one community, TF2 maps already have advertisements dotted around them for existing communities. There’s A number of Hampshire heavies posters in the SDK, along with some for Knifeback Mountaineers.

Someone should make some textures for maybe vanillatf2, etf2l, mge etc that mappers can use to decorate their maps with.

No, those textures only show up in your SDK because you played on their servers and thus downloaded their advertisements being displayed through sourcemod.

I don’t think putting ads directly into the map itself is a good idea if you are planning on reaching a broader audience or even Valve – it’ll nullify your chance of it going official

Last edited by Lord Benjamin,

LikeThis

Quoted from Lord Benjamin

[…]

No, those textures only show up in your SDK because you played on their servers and thus downloaded their advertisements being displayed through sourcemod.l

They’re in everyone’s gcf due to being part of community maps turned official such as freight and steel.

atmo

Then why do I have to download the HH materials every time I connect to the server T_T

Genmix

bobs

Quoted from atmo

Then why do I have to download the HH materials every time I connect to the server T_T

They have a chalkboard somewhere in the spawn of maps that constantly updates with new info concering the HH community and stuff

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from atmo

just disable custom downloads >_>

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »