Forum

The Original - Skin or Unlock

Created 19th August 2011 @ 19:59

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 17 Next »

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Ghostface

It gives you the unfair advantage because you can switch between centered and left/right without rejoining. Derp.

the truth has been spoken here ladies and gentlemen

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

What’s this bullshit about the sound? :D
I think it’s way easier to hear than the regular RL, since it’s alien compared to most other sounds. Though that might just be because I have my headset volume up really high.

aaaaa

Quoted from Edd

ban it because it sounds like shit

Played a mix where there were like 2 or 3 using it today. The noise started to piss me off after a while.

kaidus

WiK?

When it kritz it’s silent is the biggest problem with the sound tbh.

freakz

[8U]

I say allow it, it’s awesome, bring back me to the days of Quake 1 and all the fun back then. + it’s BASICALLY like a regular rocket launcher , i dont see all this fussing about it tbh.

Go Ponies ( and Panda’s now apparently) !

Haaaaaate the sound. Gets annoying real fast.

Tornf4lk

cc//

sound gets annoying but in my opinion this is nothing but a reskin. my usual problem with unlocks is basically the “aww he had a backburner” and stuff like that. but this weapon is just a different way of using the rocket launcher. makes no difference for me. let them have it

Sc

skin skin skin

Setlet

I just hate the sound too much.

Simonine

jumps are different after over nine thousand hours of right handed rockets: less “kick” from walljumps with the original, easier frogjumps, slightly easier left sided rocketjumps compared to rocketlauncher. regular right sided jumps are slower and shorter because the range of the rocket to the surface floor is further: from center-to-floor instead of right_side-to-floor. that’s how it feels. didn’t try shooting people yet

Last edited by Simonine,

Asteryz

Br0
Chive

Quoted from flushy

we’re missing the real question here… will using the original be more interesting to spectate than the RL

It will only get perverted… shooting something from what looks a hell lot like a dick onto people..

If valve or anyone fixes the sound they can use it, untill then BAN

Edit: if we look at the thread thats basically the outcome.. I havent seen anyone who wants to ban it for something other then the sound. So Original lovers, I’d cook up a fix for the sound asap.

Last edited by Asteryz,

Tehgnarr

is good!

People who dont like the sound also eat christian babies and listen to rebecca black – just no taste.

don’t ban, coz cool

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from Simonine

. regular right sided jumps are slower and shorter because the range of the rocket to the surface floor is further: from center-to-floor instead of right_side-to-floor. that’s how it feels. didn’t try shooting people yet

how is center to floor further away then right side to floor?

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I don’t think the centred viewmodel makes much difference, it’s a matter of preference (not supereasymode as some say) and I agree with others, it should be added as a cvar. However the sound it makes is very low pitched and far more difficult to tell where it comes from, unlike the normal RL which you can pinpoint easily. For this reason I say ban.

qkls

qkls

This is what the original rocket launcher should’ve been..

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 17 Next »