You mean like unbanning boomeh for “the good of TF2”? :>

Last edited by insanity,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from insanity

[…]

You mean like unbanning boomeh for “the good of TF2”? :>

DING DING DING! Off Topic Insults!

What does that have to do with this debate? Grow up.

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Meuki

The Admins should really think about banning Reskins aswell, just to avoid future discussions

We had a optional config that bans reskins and hats last season, so you are fully correct :)

Anyway, it’s obviously an unlockable weapon. Instead of arguing how unimportant it is, maybe the people in favour could try to explain why they want it?

insanity

It’s so important for me to win an e-discussion that i have to use random off-topic insults to keep others out of the discussion i had with bill. :<

Guess im done here, i stated my opinion and the pixelpickup poll speaks for itself.

Quoted from RaCio

Anyway, it’s obviously an unlockable weapon. Instead of arguing how unimportant it is, maybe the people in favour could try to explain why they want it?

Playing against it is the same as playing against the Rocketlauncher. It doesn’t disturb vanilla + medlocks since it’s not a new weapon (in the sense that it doesn’t have different stats or anything).

Dummy

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

DING DING DING! Off Topic Insults!

What does that have to do with this debate? Grow up.

Personally I find it a bit weird that you said this to insanity, not:

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]lol true, its like something only a 5 year old would think of

At least insanity had a valid (sort of) off topic argument, Animal was just blatantly insulting slash trolling.

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Playing against it is the same as playing against the Rocketlauncher. It doesn’t disturb vanilla + medlocks since it’s not a new weapon (in the sense that it doesn’t have different stats or anything).

It’s not the same. end of. It does disturb it and it is a new weapon. Personally I adore it but it would be dumb to allow it for the reasons many already listed.

Quoted from Dummy

[…]

It’s not the same. end of. It does disturb it and it is a new weapon. Personally I adore it but it would be dumb to allow it for the reasons many already listed.

How is it different? Same stats, same damage etc. For anybody playing against it it’s just a reskin.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Anathema

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Racio was asking why you want it. He was not asking why adding it in wouldn’t be a big deal.

EDIT: Also, it is not the same as the rocket launcher, since it fires from the middle. You can say it’s the same as much as you like but that will never make it true.

That being said, I honestly couldn’t care less either way.

Last edited by Anathema,

Quoted from Anathema

[…]

Racio was asking why you want it. He was not asking why adding it in wouldn’t be a big deal.

EDIT: Also, it is not the same as the rocket launcher, since it fires from the middle. You can say it’s the same as much as you like but that will never make it true.

That being said, I honestly couldn’t care less either way.

I’m not gonna use it and as such won’t be impacted whether or not it’ll be allowed. I say adding it won’t be a big deal because playing against it is no different (in principle) from playing against any other reskin. For anybody playing against it it’s still a rocketlauncher, albeit one that looks and sounds different.

randa

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

How is it different? Same stats, same damage etc. For anybody playing against it it’s just a reskin.

Its not just a reskin though so stop saying it, it’s like you’re trying to convince yourself. It’s not the same end of otherwise this discussion wouldnt be taking place.

Kortz

.:ne:.

If valve made a new medigun that made the medic less audible when he shouted I am fully charged or if the demo got a new sticky that didn’t make any noise when it shot you’d be okay with that? Even if we disregarded the fact that it seems easier to land shots with it as some statistics said earlier the noise is still a big factor in the game. People listen for sticky traps to be put up, people listen for medics to call charge, people listen so they can hear if there’s a sniper. Spies can be heard if you’re really attentive. Heck even valve has recognised it and released a “sound-dampening” unlock like the saharan spy thing.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Seems like the only reason people would want it is for the central viewmodel, but surely people are used to right viewmodels by now? They’ve been used since the game was made.

Quoted from randa

[…]

Its not just a reskin though so stop saying it, it’s like you’re trying to convince yourself. It’s not the same end of otherwise this discussion wouldnt be taking place.

So you notice the fact it shoots from the center? For the opponents it’s effectively a reskin.

Quoted from Kortz

If valve made a new medigun that made the medic less audible when he shouted I am fully charged or if the demo got a new sticky that didn’t make any noise when it shot you’d be okay with that? Even if we disregarded the fact that it seems easier to land shots with it as some statistics said earlier the noise is still a big factor in the game. People listen for sticky traps to be put up, people listen for medics to call charge, people listen so they can hear if there’s a sniper. Spies can be heard if you’re really attentive. Heck even valve has recognised it and released a “sound-dampening” unlock like the saharan spy thing.

Medigun wouldn’t change much, barely anybody relies on them yelling I’m charged to find out whether they have uber or not anyway as far as I know. Use as a small indication, sure, but you’ll know (or can accurately guesstimate) he’ll have uber regardless of that noise being there or not.

Stickies being shot majorly affects things in that you can’t hear him set up a trap anymore.

70% of statistics is made up on the spot. Aside from that, not everybody has an easier time hitting things with it.

The different sound doesn’t change anything for me. Still obvious he’s shooting. The only thing I heard from others is that it doesn’t have a seperate kritzkrieg sound, which does need to be fixed if true.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 17 Next »