Created 4th August 2011 @ 23:03

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »

AnimaL

lol so many mad ppl cuz they cba to craft their virtual stuff

rofl

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

even though it fires from the center, I would still classify “The Original” as a reskin, because the attribute has no gameplay changing effect on the opponent.

If it had the same model and sound as the stock launcher, you couldn’t tell the difference on the receiving end.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

fish was allowed despite different look, sound and hit notices.

Just sayin’…

Vaskie

BulletClub

Quoted from AcidReniX

The Original is not a simple reskin. It fires from the centre.

If you are crying for vanilla to be played in this league, then don’t start crying that you suddenly want an unlock arguing that it is ‘almost’ the same. There are lots of unlocks that have very subtle, non-game changing attributes that are also banned. Where do you draw the line?

If you do not want vanilla TF2, then by all means, the Original should be a weapon that is allowed, but then so should several others.

Also, the centre shooting is not the only difference with the gun. One of the reasons why I like using that new sniper rifle is because of the different sound it makes. When I fire the original sniper rifle, I get a single shot before the whole enemy team realises there is a sniper shooting at them. People are very aware of the distinct sound the sniper rifle makes. With the new sniper rifle, I often get several shots off before the enemy starts taking cover or pressuring me simply because they haven’t registered in their heads the sound of the new sniper rifle. It makes up for the gun sucking.

With the original, it’s the same. You often here a soldier rocket jumping from around a corner, and you react accordingly. With the difference in sound, it might not registered in your head that a soldier is rocket jumping at you from behind. The sound is closer to the sound of an explosion, rather than the sound of a weapon firing.

None of that is a big deal of course… but the gun is not simply a reskin.

Basically everything that AcidReniX said.. It’s a bit embarrassing that everyone asks for Vanilla for the sake of saving our Game, but as soon as a new toy comes out that some enjoy people change their minds. You really gotta start figuring out if you want unlocks or not, cause if you allow one you will have to allow more or people will start coming out asking why X or Y unlock isn’t allowed.

Personally it doesn’t make much difference to me, shooting from the middle should be worse as people are used to shooting from the side, but like Acid said, it’s more about the Sounds, and general thought of if you allow X, Y will have to be allowed too.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

TFTrue with settings for all projectiles to fire from the middle for S10!

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from Vaskie

[…]

Basically everything that AcidReniX said.. It’s a bit embarrassing that everyone asks for Vanilla for the sake of saving our Game, but as soon as a new toy comes out that some enjoy people change their minds. You really gotta start figuring out if you want unlocks or not, cause if you allow one you will have to allow more or people will start coming out asking why X or Y unlock isn’t allowed.

Personally it doesn’t make much difference to me, shooting from the middle should be worse as people are used to shooting from the side, but like Acid said, it’s more about the Sounds, and general thought of if you allow X, Y will have to be allowed too.

the more I try the weapon out the more I realise that I’m just so much more used to t he rocket launcher anyways, I don’t think this will be a big deal when everyone has tested the weapon. I’d rather not learn to g et the “feeling” again for a new weapon tbh.

Vaskie

BulletClub

Quoted from MIndYe

TFTrue with settings for all projectiles to fire from the middle for S10!

Whats the point of that ? We have been playing for years with the normal weapons and you want to make everyone learn how to play with basically “New Weapons” or old weapons with new way of playing ?

This arguments are completely stupid..

Typious

Druidz.se

so kewl unlock, it’s so HAArddCooore cuz pro player play quakes and they’re cool so..
and equalizer is gay cuz there is no equ in quake or in some other tröö hardcore proo kewl kidz game

Kortz

If you allow one unlock you have to look at ALL the others too… It’s like bethesda sueing scrolls for infringement of copyright… It’s outright dumb but they have to do it anyway because if they dont others can just start taking claims on it too…

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

there is already an option for firing rockets from left/right, so valve could just as well add an option for firing rockets from the center with the default rocket launcher.

Darn

rockit like

Meh, makes no difference, basically just a reskin. I will be playing with it no matter what the verdict is.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from Vaskie

[…]

Whats the point of that ? We have been playing for years with the normal weapons and you want to make everyone learn how to play with basically “New Weapons” or old weapons with new way of playing ?

This arguments are completely stupid..

Sorry, I meant settings as in options. So you can center other projectile weapons too, if you want.

Last edited by MIndYe,

SteveyJJ

CoWC

So no one else thinks the thing looks and sounds ugly?

Quoted from SteveyJJ

So no one else thinks the thing looks and sounds ugly?

Pretty sure everybody who’s played quake will disagree with you on that :D

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

If someone gifts me it then i’ll allow it for i-series :]

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »