Forum

Rule proposal: Players / Teams should play in teams of their own skill.

Created 23rd May 2011 @ 15:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

bìester

Quoted from XorZ

Sounds like a really silly suggestion.

What if a high div player wants to stop tryharding and just play for fun again? Are we not going to allow him to play with his friends just because they aren’t as good?

Then you also have all the people who are carrying their teams without having been in higher divisions before. Back when I was in 8U, we had Norrlääningen in there. We were div 4. He jumped to Refuse, who are now playing div 1. TviQ was with TC for quite some time, he then went on to play with spam effect. Spam effect are now playing at a very high level. Are you suggesting the admins should have taken actions and forced those players out of their old teams earlier? Or are they exceptions just because they didn’t have any high div history?

You should think this through a bit more..

tbh YES!

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Martn

[…]

No what if we add byte to our roster?

Well let’s be honest, Byte really only is a div5 demo.

Edd

T2P

that means i wouldn’t be able to play with idk… :(

I think most people do it because they enjoy playing with the guys!

XorZ

[8U]
[8U]

I did read it, hence the final questions; Are you suggesting that carrying a team is okay, as long as you don’t play at your proper skill level somewhere else?

Enef

fest
#wubafan

The reason the REJ team is division five is because most of them are inactive or don’t play often anymore, including oor, they don’t want to try hard, they just want to have fun playing the game.

It sounds like you are just crying because your friends lost here, Martn, honestly. You’re just making yourself look a bit dumb more than anything.

Last edited by Enef,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

EDIT: Actually, whatever, everyone has already summed it up. Nothing to discuss.

That means you will need exactly the same divisional system in every league; why not merge all of them together then?

Besides, thinking in skill levels should be regarded as being sloppy with leaving the dark ages. You are generally saying that if someone improves particularly faster than the rest of his team, he should leave it and find a better one regardless of team chemistry.

Also, rEJ should not be allowed to play in d5 in the first place, blame whoever put them there.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Martn

Like wireplay already uses:
[…]

The reason why i post this is must be pretty clear. If not, this ( http://etf2l.org/teams/5856/ ) team is either playing a few divisions below their real skill, or they use a few too many carries that are way above the skill they are supposed to be. (one of them is even that good, that he frequently mercs for a div 1 team)

Discuss

Please stop being a crybaby.

Who did Oronoc play for before Fleshlight? rEJ? Oh so he’s playing with the team he’s played with most of the time. And is this the same Oronoc that got demoted with rej from div4 to div5 with the rest of us last season….. oh yeah it is!
We’re playing with essentially the same roster as we did when we got demoted from div4 you plank. How is this the same as “Adding Byte to our roster”?

Oronoc mercs for Fleshlight/Refuse because we’re all part of the same clan and are friends, its just they tryhard and we don’t.

And i thought people couldn’t argue about more petty things than unlocks, guess i was wrong.

Tornf4lk

cc//

rofl Martn is sad because hes afraid of losing a game in his division, rofl that’s just terrible man, what about teams like Rasta.tf2 where two good players help 4 new players to get good at the game? It’s the same thing, You just want him kicked out of that team don’t you? get over it man seriously.

Gubbins

Op4

This kinda turns the admin team in to the skill police, which I honestly don’t think’ll help the community. Anyway, that Steve guy is way too good, closing in on a ban. Do dislike having Quad in div 2 though, told him if he plays the official against us I’ll ban him too =) gl hf

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

QQ moar.

I don’t see the problem here since we did not plan on using oronoc in the first place, we lost a soldier in mid season due to internal issues within the team and trialed oronoc like any other player we would have. He proved to be an asset to us, but since he is loyal to his original team he informed us that he will be not joining our ranks in ETF2L before the season has ended. We cannot make any of the 3 opponents in the 3 matches to accept him as a merc, but they did.

So in your opinion it’s unfair us to use a div5 merc ? or wait what, he cannot play in div5 because he happens to have previous experience from div3+ team? I am confused now. He will be added to our roster for sure in next season and the “other” reJ team has time to find a replacement.

Maybe you did not know this but we are still all good friends between the 2 reJ teams out there right now. We sit in mumble and talk pretty much every day, play mixes together and meet up on lans. So we didn’t think it would be fair to “steal” a player and ruin their season… we also used a wildcard in ESL just that he could play the ETF2L match with the d5 group.

So what can we gather from all this ? When you think it’s “cheating”, we think that you did not have your facts straight and do not realize that we actually like our reJ community and intend to keep it up for much longer.

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]
Oronoc mercs for Fleshlight/Refuse because we’re all part of the same clan and are friends, its just they tryhard and we don’t.

This +10

Last edited by naMu,

Martn

Quoted from XorZ

I did read it, hence the final questions; Are you suggesting that carrying a team is okay, as long as you don’t play at your proper skill level somewhere else?

What i mean is:

I don’t like it, when someone who is clearly better then them joins a team and then said team continues to play on the same skill level as they were before that guy that carried them joined.

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

what is going on with this lag on forums, sorry for posting too many times.

Last edited by naMu,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Martn

[…]

What i mean is:

I don’t like it, when someone who is clearly better then them joins a team and then said team continues to play on the same skill level as they were before that guy that carried them joined.

Who did Oronoc play for before fleshlight? Oh yeah rEJ! Is it our fault that we’re too shit for div4 but spunk all over div5? You just wait till we play our Icelandic Prodigy STEVE HOLT.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

You have to agree with Tapley, rEJ is a terrible example of someone “carrying” … if they were active they wouldn’t be in div5 anyway. With that roster they could probably have 2 ~div2 teams if they were trying :p

Same for us, we’re thinking about not playing seriously anymore, so we shouldn’t be allowed to go 2 or 3 divisions down next season ? That wouldn’t be cool at all :(

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from Martn

[…]

What i mean is:

BUTTHURT!!!!

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »