Forum

Reconsidering the way teams are treated after a ban?

Created 12th May 2011 @ 10:11

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

Quoted from luzik

imo a player is legit until otherwise proved. so no defaults for games where the hacker has played. he/she just doesn’t play for the next year.

so one could get a 2nd account, get trigger+aimbot+radar+whatever, use it in a league, win the league with it, and get away with it?

are you serious?

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from luzik

imo a player is legit until otherwise proved. so no defaults for games where the hacker has played. he/she just doesn’t play for the next year.

LOL!

Mate, please take up a position of power in Government somewhere. I would move to that country and vote for you any day. I very much look forward to wearing a teapot on my head and eating rainbows all day.

Exteel

Quoted from Dr Icecream

[…]
I’d rather travel to Lithuania to punch him in the face, but I’ll just spend the money on keeping the community running I guess

Dude,come here,I’m waiting 4 you :)

Dr Icecream

Get the fuck out.

You were trusted, along with 5 other people to represent a community in a positive way, I had to deal with some massive trolls who were accusing our teams and community of hacking because of that news post already. At least the rest of Prime is reliable.

Last edited by Dr Icecream,

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from Dr Icecream

Get the fuck out.

You were trusted, along with 5 other people to represent a community in a positive way

+1

Can’t admins stop banned people posting on the forums too?

Last edited by Oxy,

Azured

eureka

IMO the rules are fine as they are. They encourage teams to verify whether any of their players are hacking, to prevent default losses, rather than encourage them to take the chance and hope they get away with it, seeing as, under your proposal, they need just deny knowledge of his cheating to get a rematch (as spike noted).

t1gr3

DStM
DStS

yea head into europe and liam neeson his ass! or jack bauer, both would suffice!

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from luzik

wittyinternetpictureinvolvingafacepalm.jpg

Spike Himself

TC

I keep reading the thread title as “Reconsidering the way teams are seated at lan” :x

Ghostface

spire

I’m just gonna go on and say that in real team sports, a player who takes performance improving drugs(steroids) is sanctioned. He gets a fine and a suspension(our case, a ban). The club is presumed to know nothing of this(which is prolly the same in dakkat’s case. Though I know of players who have tried and even succeeded in this kind of backalley deal by getting a banned player a new account).

Last season Bad News got dropped when Sev was found to be Lazyshadow. That was too harsh and it ruined their work for the whole season, though they managed to pull through and recover.
Imo teams shouldn’t be sanctioned for this type of thing unless it can be proven that they took a cheater by their own risk and will.
Or make them play their games again where the fag was implicated and be given 1-2 extra weeks.

Dr Icecream

Quoted from Ghostface

I’m just gonna go on and say that in real team sports, a player who takes performance improving drugs(steroids) is sanctioned. He gets a fine and a suspension(our case, a ban). The club is presumed to know nothing of this(which is prolly the same in dakkat’s case. Though I know of players who have tried and even succeeded in this kind of backalley deal by getting a banned player a new account).

Last season Bad News got dropped when Sev was found to be Lazyshadow. That was too harsh and it ruined their work for the whole season, though they managed to pull through and recover.
Imo teams shouldn’t be sanctioned for this type of thing unless it can be proven that they took a cheater by their own risk and will.
Or make them play their games again where the fag was implicated and be given 1-2 extra weeks.

That’s what I was trying to point, that’s for the extra clarification :)

Again, I’m not asking for any special kind of settlement because it’s one of our teams, but for people to be a bit reasonable to the teams that are getting ripped off because of things like this in the future.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

What makes me rogl even more was Exteel was fucking awful :D

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from Ghostface

How far would this go though? Because if you just made them play games which they won then how would a win on each map or golden caps work?

Basically i just think it was all be too complicated. Just need to rule it so that teams get penalized, or don’t get penalized, or is down to admins discretion.

Ghostface

spire

Technically, if they had an advantage through the cheater, then golden caps shouldn’t happen anymore because they can’t forward the same combined effort. I.e. if the cheater stops carrying, they won’t be able to atleast tie the game.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

If the cheater wasn’t carrying the team and the team was strong enough without him, good results from the rest of the season and screenshots from pcws can still land them in a higher div easily.

If he was, then it’s a good thing their illegitimate match results are void, isn’t it?

Letting admins decide on a case-by-case would get them bombarded with accusations of favoritism.

Current rules are harsh, but they work. I wish you luck in recovering from this.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »