Forum

Turbine ruleset needs scrutiny

Created 11th May 2011 @ 22:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

sup with it? some teams camp when they’re winning, happens on 5cp maps, it’s even easier to do it in turbine, ofc people will camp

timelimit didnt work cuz people camp, timelimit 30 + winlimit 5 doesnt work cuz people camp, timelimit 10 + winlimit 5 doesnt work cuz people camp

sure you could make it winlimit only

then people would camp forever

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from jonii

timelimit didnt work cuz people camp, timelimit 30 + winlimit 5 doesnt work cuz people camp

But that’s exactly what this becomes…

Doks, the ESL rules seem to be the best thought out so far to me.

Last edited by octochris,

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

camptheflag :o

TopGear

tH

Quoted from octochris

Okay, so I got a bit annoyed about it. That’s just because I care about TF2

That’s your problem right there, don’t you know tf2 is dead

Sketch

MM

oh shush.

.____________.

+1 to this thread

3x 10 minute rounds has (so far) in my experience been quite enjoyable and calls for a game with a much faster pace, as apposed to the old sit-around-for-30-minutes-on-turbine-mid. The 10 minute timelimit atleast gives you the chance to redeem yourself on another midfight or two, rather than sit there for 30 minutes thinking WHEN WILL THIS HORRIBLE MAP END.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

ESL turbine rules are the best yeah. Now if only the map creator would sort out the spawns…

Jude

notdoggo

how about we remove it and add viaduct

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

ESL ruleset is far superior to the etf2l one.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

The reason why we chose this design was to reduce the odds of a draw (because nobody likes golden cap rounds).
The “best of 3” format has a far higher chance of draws than this one. If anyone has idea how to keep the odds of a draw low or golden cap rounds suddenly have become popular, do not hesitate to tell us :3

Reload

BiG
BiG

Quoted from Old_Grandma

ESL ruleset is far superior to the etf2l one.

plus one

Vince

BiG

Quoted from CanFo

The reason why we chose this design was to reduce the odds of a draw (because nobody likes golden cap rounds).
The “best of 3” format has a far higher chance of draws than this one. If anyone has idea how to keep the odds of a draw low or golden cap rounds suddenly have become popular, do not hesitate to tell us :3

Best of 3, 10 minutes rounds. It ends 2-0, 2-1, 1-2 or 0-2. How is a draw possible?

Tikcus

Quoted from Vince

[…]

Best of 3, 10 minutes rounds. It ends 2-0, 2-1, 1-2 or 0-2. How is a draw possible?

after 10 min if the flag caps is 4-4, who wins this round?

Last edited by Tikcus,

Vince

BiG

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

after 10 min if the flag caps is 4-4, who wins this round?

oic

I like the ETF2L rules only because in an official we went from 1-4 to 5-4, when if we were using another config the time would have run out and we’d have lost that round. :>

I guess I’m fine with whatever ruleset, but in my opinion the map itself needs a few changes first before we all decide on the rules (although picking the rules may mean that it’s easier to decide what changes are needed).

Last edited by FUN POLICE RUINS TF2,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »