Forum

Vanilla + medlocks (+ maps, apparently)

Created 3rd May 2011 @ 15:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 32 33 34 ... 46 Next »

Gubbins

Op4

What the fuck has happened to this community? Why can’t we just hate on d2m for deleting accounts, Racio slipping me advert money to buy hacks, demsii being a faggot, quad hacking and gryzor being a drunk? Do people really care about their equaliser that much? Learn to rocket jump and not get in to stupid situations.

Spike Himself

TC

You tell them, gub-gubs.

Dr Icecream

What the hell did I miss? I just went through the entire thread and it went from a constructive discussion to a flame wars. Spike, just hand out some more bans again because my eyes started bleeding after reading this thread.

On topic:

I’d be willing to give this vanilla thing a shot, I mean I’ve been playing some belgian mixes in vanilla and it didn’t bother me at all, the other players were used to it as well, especially as the equalizer is the only actual difference. For the sake of this league, I think the admins should either look into a vanilla-only league, OR have an alternate whitelist with unlocks that can be enabled if both teams agree upon it.

Inb4 “people will mad at each other if one team wants to play vanilla and the other wants to play with unlocks”. If that’s the case, then deal with it, there’s a match page on which stuff like that can be discussed in advance, if it’s vanilla by default and one team allows the other to use unlocks, that’s a sign of goodwill, denying the use of those items wouldn’t be any dick move, it’d just be playing by default league rules.

New ETF2L gogogo

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Insert cure for cancer here.

Sylosin

MEAT
evCon.

Guys, guys.

How about we have… a vote?

Surely polling everyone’s stance would indicate the overall spread of opinion much better than these megathreads. Debate is great, but there’s no end result – it goes on and on and on.

Dr Icecream

Quoted from Sylosin

Guys, guys.

How about we have… a vote?

Surely polling everyone’s stance would indicate the overall spread of opinion much better than these megathreads. Debate is great, but there’s no end result – it goes on and on and on.

Well, we do have this pollwhore on ETF2L. What’s his name again?

Vaskie

BulletClub

Quoted from randa

Vanilla + medlocks

cp_badlands
cp_granary
cp_gullywash
cp_gravelpit
ctf_turbine_pro
koth_viaduct

This is probably the best lineup of maps possible, one could argue that maybe one more 5cp map wouldn’t be bad (Snakewater, New Obscure, Bazillion), but Randa hit the jackpot!

We have basically one each kind, Badlands has a really fast flow to it, Granary is a more tactical map with quite a few choke points where people wait for picks, Gullywash is something along the middle of Badlands and Granary with it’s own flow but with some chokepoints to make it more tactical. Gravel Pit and Turbine are the ultimate gamesense and teamwork tests where different tactics shine, if people study the map it will show. Viaduct not only is a different map, but can allow quite a few different tactics to happen, also could be great with Sniper or Heavy or Bonk Scout.

As for the Weapons, i agree with anything really since all i want is TF2 to continue, but in my personal opinion Bonk should be allowed as it gives a team an insight of whats happening past a certain point, it could also help alot on Turbine, Gravel Pit and Viaduct.

Ripple

Quoted from randa

Vanilla + medlocks

cp_badlands
cp_granary
cp_gullywash
cp_gravelpit
ctf_turbine_pro
koth_viaduct

snakewater for ctf_boredom and it’s totally fine, let’s rather play another 5cp map than this really boring ctf stuff.
Don’t know but imo (!) tf2 is not a game for ctf.

Last edited by Ripple,

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from randa

Vanilla + medlocks

cp_badlands
cp_granary
cp_gullywash
cp_gravelpit
ctf_turbine_pro
koth_viaduct

+1

make this guy admin

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from rtan

[…]

+1

make this guy admin

2+

Vaskie

BulletClub

Have been saying it for a really long while, the best way to keep it interesting without losing the oldest players is to have all the regular maps + one of each kind that can be tactical aka Turbine, Gravel Pit and now Viaduct

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

The yankee-doodles across the water have been hating Viaduct for quite some time. That said, the idiots voted out Gravelpit when the time came to choose a map to kick… Rofl.

Moose

[MIPC]

Snakewater rocks btw. I think it has been the most played map after badlands in the finnish gathers for quite some time now.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

We all like different maps, this has been established pretty well, we will vote and this will decide it.

To take the discussion in another discussion, anyone actually e-mailed valve and asked whether they would mind giving us a 5 CP competitive map, like granlands. Maybe they will say yes, never know.

dauk

Quoted from CrashSite

We all like different maps, this has been established pretty well, we will vote and this will decide it.

To take the discussion in another discussion, anyone actually e-mailed valve and asked whether they would mind giving us a 5 CP competitive map, like granlands. Maybe they will say yes, never know.

Why would you need it when there are people that actually know how competitive game works and are making maps, valve just need to make them oficial.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 32 33 34 ... 46 Next »