Forum

Vanilla + medlocks (+ maps, apparently)

Created 3rd May 2011 @ 15:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 23 24 25 ... 46 Next »

dauk

Quoted from Alx

[…]

If I have to use the sandvich already that early, our push is usually set to fail, since I need it to try to survive when the ubers run out, since our uber usually ends first.

But this is also why playing against good-teamwork teams is hard as aggro heavy, because they will focus me at the right time when I don’t want them to.

Either we do not allow anything or we allow everything.

ashkan

Quoted from dauk

[…]

But I want kritzkrieg :(

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

Quoted from dauk

[…]

Sandvich is as much of a weapon as kritzkreig is. It’s food.

dauk

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

But I want kritzkrieg :(

joke
Quoted from Alx

[…]
Sandvich is as much of a weapon as kritzkreig is. It’s food.

thats a very strong argument you changed my point of view completely.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from dauk

[…]

I actually don’t like that idea, as if that is true there would be no way in hell we would allow the ubersaw, which is the most OP weapon in the game.

But two points, Sandvich is incredibly OP, maybe not in the situations when you are pushing out, but on last, it means you have to waste at least half the uber on the heavy, to get past, and you can’t ban an item for a part of the map.

Secondly, Vanilla is better, purely due to consistency and for spectators and new people coming into the game.

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]
But two points, Sandvich is incredibly OP, maybe not in the situations when you are pushing out, but on last, it means you have to waste at least half the uber on the heavy, to get past, and you can’t ban an item for a part of the map.

If the heavy wastes too much of your uber, use the uber to kill the rest of the team first and kill the heavy last when he has no chance.

I think I’ve made my points, and will leave the sandvich issue to the etf2l admins. Either they will let the heavy be possible to mainclass & played aggressively, or I’ll have to change class to Soldier, we’ll see.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgpmr38XLp1qa3vszo1_500.jpg

Anyway, time to get back to work and do some web design. Thanks for not flaming/trolling me to death this time :)

Last edited by Alx,

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Alx

[…]
If the heavy wastes too much of your uber, use the uber to kill the rest of the team first and kill the heavy last when he has no chance.

the heavy tries to counter the uber with a medic..
and when the uber fades, heavy rapes the whole team. cool story

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Alx

[…]

If I have to use the sandvich already that early, our push is usually set to fail, since I need it to try to survive when the ubers run out, since our uber usually ends first.

But this is also why playing against good-teamwork teams is hard as aggro heavy, because they will focus me at the right time when I don’t want them to.

You didn’t answer my question, do you actually believe that the heavy should have the ability to cover that much space without health loss?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from CrashSite

Secondly, Vanilla is better, purely due to consistency and for spectators and new people coming into the game.

Vanilla + medlocks gives the game more consistency because we do not have to discuss new weapons every 2 months, I agree.
I disagree, however, that it is easier to acclimatise for spectators and new players because most of them will come from public play where you hardly find a server that has unlocks banned.
I was watching a Brink VOD the other day where the caster said, he is afraid that the gap between competitive and public play will become larger which makes it harder to recruit new players. In my opinion, the same applies to TF2.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Yes, lets make our 6v6 matches worse because some pub player might want to play???

Wabbeh

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/9/21/

harder with sandvich

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
Vanilla + medlocks gives the game more consistency because we do not have to discuss new weapons every 2 months, I agree.
I disagree, however, that it is easier to acclimatise for spectators and new players because most of them will come from public play where you hardly find a server that has unlocks banned.
I was watching a Brink VOD the other day where the caster said, he is afraid that the gap between competitive and public play will become larger which makes it harder to recruit new players. In my opinion, the same applies to TF2.

Ridiculous. By your logic we should remove all class limits and turn on random crits and damage spread. Competitive play is already so different to public play. Why single out unlocks?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Koeitje

Yes, lets make our 6v6 matches worse because some pub player might want to play???

Hate to say it but I agree with Koeitje here. It’s the competitive scene where the better plays are. If you’re a pub player and you find that too difficult, maybe competitive play is not for you.

Entering the competitive scene is not interesting because it is easy, it is interesting because it is kept competitive.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Koeitje

I did not say anything like that, I was simply stating my opinion. I am also not implying that the next season will not be vanilla or anything. This is just my personal opinion.
On a sidenote: Some players quit the game. To keep the game alive we need players to replace them or we will have a highly skilled league with ~40 teams one day.
Where if not on pubs do you want to recruit the the fresh meat? I think it is highly unlikely that 100 CSS players will suddenly start playing TF2 only because only 3 unlocks are allowed.

ih

It took Valve and pub-community (democratic approach) three years to develop unlock weapons, some even less, while vanilla weapons took eight years of silent Valve’s (Walker and Cook’s) development. Thinking about which weapons are more balanced…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 23 24 25 ... 46 Next »