Forum

Lawl...

Created 16th January 2009 @ 20:20

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Jones

I was arguing this point earlier in IRC. I agree with g0d. Teams can’t just be picked out of thin air. You can’t use the “community voted it arguement” when it suits you for one point, and then ignore the community votes (limiting them to div1 votes) for others. This is a great and massive league. There should be precise and clear rules so that decisions aren’t based on a teams popularity and contacts. If these 4 teams are given play offs for div1, I know N-wave and all other competent teams in div2 will want the same opportunity.

g0d

DUNC WITH TEAM IN DIV 2 SEASON 3

DUNC IS RUNNER UP SO MEANING SECOND IN HIS DIVISION 2 WHEN THE SEASON ENDS.

TEAMS GET READY TO PLAY SEASON 4 DUNC TEAM NOT IN DIV1 CAUSED BY NOT ENOUGH ROOM

SOME TEAM FOLDS IN DIV1

DUNC TEAM DOESNT GET UPGRADED CAUSED BY A NEW TEAM THAT STARTED IN DIV3 GETS THE POSITION IN STEAD OF HIM.

this clear enough for you?

dunc

infs
dp.

Ahh, I see your point. Excuse my ignorance, I don’t really pay attention, has that actually happened?

Either way – I think it’s most appropriate that the best team gets promoted, not the team that has placed second or seventh or whatever, especially when defaults etc have been registered.

Delirium are a new team and anyone that has played against them knows they’re capable of placing well in D1. They shouldn’t sit in D2 while a different team such as FB (no offence to you guys – I think you’re a good team) gets promoted and then beaten every week until they’re demoted.

I see your point.. you’re just wrong :)

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

the problem is, god, that temas get better and worse all the time. Promoting a team to div 1, while almost knowing for certain they will end bottom, while there are teams in div 2 that are supposedly stronger, is something we want to be careful with.

Ofcourse we do not promote teams at random, we actually think about ti at times. Sure there are often multiple choices, from teams which are quite similar in skill level. We just try our best to find out who is the best candidate, not only by current performance, but also by past performance and stability. It unfortunately just isn’t as black and white as you picture it.

For example: Based on season 3, dmg would be the only choice for division 1. However, they have told me they might not be the best candidate, because they have been a little inactive lately. See the dilemma there? We could promote dmg, but they indicated themselves it isn’t the best choice.

Loco

Mayo

how can u say nervous are the best team
there hardly proven vs a lot of div2 teams,
a lot of div2 clans can draw and win against them same with DT,
there not unbeatable,
and yes there both good clans but so are dcsb,9th, etc etc,
dcsb infact had a lot more in the locker over a period of time and you could Argue the point why didnt they get offered the place?

dunc

infs
dp.

Loco – as much as I agree – Delirium are of a different class to the other teams in D2. Northwave have been playing very well lately but I’m (unfortunately, as a big n-wave fan) confident that they’d beat you in a “best of 3” situation.

Maybe a one-night cup could be held, with the latter stages being best of 3?

g0d

lol say that to dmg… who didnt even got mentioned here … where they should be the first team if there was a system for it to go div1 automatically even if they “supposably” didnt stand a chance? I highly doubt that. but AGAIN as I said it was just to add my view to make the system better and more FAIR to those who allready proved there stable and worthy…

To be really hounest. Teams around here last as long as a guy that just came out of prison does with the first best whore he finds…

Stable teams should get credit for just being stable. And clanhoppers and people who every fucking day are with another clan (including myself some time ago) should be punished of for it.

kives

first of all, delirium are just fine to play in div2. if this ‘who gets to play in div1’ causes massive shitload to be unleashed then we can just say that we are more than happy to play in div2 so we can stop this madness. but few things for g0d to know, we arent just random players with no history. i’m founder of cruciamentum div2b winner s2, k1ck leader div1 top5 s3, and most of our players have played in cruciamentum or in k1ck. so dont call our players with no history :p

Loco

Mayo

personally
i have no desire to play in div1 at this time,
as its way out of our league,
im just saying there has to be a much better organised descision on How the team
gets Moved up.
but some kind of cup etc might be an idea,or some kind of playoff
personally if dmg where fully active and had no issues they should of just been promoted in my opinion,
they have been a stable team over a longer period
have good skill lvl,
and game knowledge,

dunc

infs
dp.

I’m afraid your opinion is null and void in that respect g0d, you certainly don’t have the best clan record.. as you hinted at yourself ;)

I don’t understand what you said about dmg – but it was themselves who suggested they shouldn’t be promoted to D1 because they weren’t ready for it.

As it happens, Ubersexuals were originally intended to be in D2 for Season 3. I had picked the maps for our D2 opponents and everything, then we were bumped up at the last second. We too were a new team – would you have had us stay in D2?

GameFreak--

ep.
Be

+1 God
-1 Dunc

dunc

infs
dp.

And you would be.. who?

g0d

FROM SITE ADMIN

for example: Based on season 3, dmg would be the only choice for division 1. However, they have told me they might not be the best candidate, because they have been a little inactive lately. See the dilemma there? We could promote dmg, but they indicated themselves it isn’t the best choice.

TO SITE ADMIN

Now that is something I can live with. Yet again drives me to the fact that even when people think about this and I know people and relativity quite well. There will always be unbalanced or irrational thoughts ideas *even friends*.

And I’m not to sure about some teams not standing a chance while others do… because if you go on that fillosofy you could as well say like oh…. we’ll just keep switching teams back and forward as the season continues knowing the other team would just rape every1 in there division…. so whats the point of having seasons at all…

there is SO much more about just deciding who would be the best team for that division then just go on and on without a solid system where people feel safe and knowing that even the good teams who are never known to any1 could be mafia for example… dispite the fact that they prolly would do very good in div2… and are stuck in div3 … why? cause they where nobodys before they got known a bit?

So is that what this is really about.
having some reimu character in your team to make you INSTA good? wich is not the case but you get my drift…

Jones

dunc your point is true. However if it was a 1 off game, and FB or Nvs for example (2 teams I think have as much right to be in this cup as any other div2 team) caught d` on a bad day and won, I’d be a very pissed of individual. Being in this cup means you have two shots of making it to div1 in season 4, compared to 1 shot if you aren’t. The more shots you have, the more likely you are to score. This is the reason why clans like us want equal opportunities.

I have mentioned many times that d` are the best candidates but in 1 game anything can happen.

vallone

+1 kurwaa
-1 tumpel

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »