Forum

Prem / Div 1 map pool

Created 16th March 2011 @ 18:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

I’d like to know if div 1 and prem will have a different map pool from other divs.
Div 1 and prem only have 7 weeks and as you can see in the map schedule (http://etf2l.org/2011/03/01/announcing-season-9-maps-and-schedule) the last two weeks are Bazillion / Badlands and Granary / Badlands.
I don’t know about others teams but we’d like to play granland more than 2 times this season.
I’m posting to know what admins and other div1/prem teams think about this, not to whine about the new maps.

Thanks

Last edited by Piet,

droso

o/

7*2 maps seems good to me.
(not talking on behalf of Crack Clan. Just my own opinion).

Last edited by droso,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Even more Granlands D:?

As I will be watching all you guys, play some cool maps.

RaCio

GoT²

Stay on-topic please

Califax

dyn.

Lol, if Prem-teams get deciding-week-7-games, it will be on Bazillion… :P

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I personally think the prem and div 1 divisions should be upped to 10 teams. There are many reasons for concern when you consider having only 8 teams in the division.

It’s not uncommon to see teams fold during a season, if two teams fold in one of these divisions (it’s not too uncomon even if only 1 team folded in each last season), then you will be left with a league which is decided in 5 matches.

Secondly, the map pool as mentioned in this post is a concern. Not just because of badlands and granary, but because of the number of weeks, and the order the maps come into play.

I think having 10 teams will result in a more competitive division, even if some of the top teams in the division can literally walk over the lowest teams, there are still more chances for mid table teams to drop points against these teams, which can shake up the table. As it stands with 8 teams in the division, I can see the league winner being decided by a single ‘upset match result’.

Another refference to football, but in the English Premier league, there are only about 4 teams that even stand the slightest chance of winning the league, but there is a huge battle lower down the table, and teams ever want to improve their final placement each season. This situation seems to have always been the case in ETF2L as well. Even last season, there were only about 4 teams that had a chance of winning the premiership, and a lot of other teams that were resonably competitive with each other.

Looking at the tables this season, while the skill level is slightly lower, the same situation applies, so I don’t see the need to reduce the numbers in the premiership and division 1. At least 4 or 5 of the division 1 teams can easily hold their own against the lower end of the premiership, and I can see quite a few division 2 teams that would easily hold their own in division 1.

And for the record, having less teams in the premiership would actually benefit my team more due to the fact that we are likely to drop points against teams we are favoured against (your mid to low table teams) while the highest ranked teams in the premiership have a much lower chance of dropping points against them (Less games means a drop of points is more significant, but fewer chances of it happening). At the moment it would probably come down to our results against 2 or 3 teams and if those go our way, we would win the league, same with any other team in our division. Just mentioned that to show I’m not saying it to benefit our team, I just think it’s better for the league.

kaidus

WiK?

Would have to agree with arx. No point making it 8 teams since the standards already plummeted to the point where the 2 best teams outside of etf2l prem are indistuigishable in skill from the bottom of etf2l prem.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

cmon premteams you want:
– no unlocks (less tactics to handle)
– no custommaps (more granlands) (less tactics to develop overall)
– less games (opponents) -> and you will still overdue the fixtures :sadface:

where is the challenge?!
i thought you are the best of the best in the league -_-

Last edited by Dr-GimpfeN,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from kaidus

Would have to agree with arx. No point making it 8 teams since the standards already plummeted to the point where the 2 best teams outside of etf2l prem are indistuigishable in skill from the bottom of etf2l prem.

+1

Go to ESL if you want balanced top divisions.

antyjc

2ne1

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

cmon premteams you want:

where is the challenge?!

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

cmon premteams you want:

where is the challenge?!

[Insert Captain Picard Facepalm here]

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

how bout
Week 1: Badlands / Gullywash
Week 2: Badlands / Granary
Week 3: Badlands / Obscure
Week 4: Badlands / Gullywash
Week 5: Badlands / Granary
Week 6: Badlands / Obscure
Week 7: Badlands / Gullywash

this is a real pro mappool

vani

Bully

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

cmon premteams you want:

where is the challenge?!

You better be trolling

piece

Don’t mind this guy. Even in the german forums he is known as a dick if i remember correctly.
And in case he didnt get the message yet….the prem teams got what they wanted at esl. There is no prem team writing somthing in this thread here :)

WildCard

im just going to write something as ” for now….” we are in prem lol :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »