Forum

My turn for an ETF2L rant.

Created 10th March 2011 @ 10:23

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Can we just do a vote (similar to the map pool one) and get this over and done with?

I don’t care what weapons we use, I’ll play whether it’s vanilla or cinnamon and I enjoy the game either way.

Last edited by Ritalin,

Swarlz

……

Last edited by Swarlz,

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from xzr

[…]

your point being? ESEA is a league with entry fees, shit teams and shitty ac client? uh oh

I won’t comment on the latter and first, but care to explain the second? If the opinion of high skilled players should be valued so much, why shouldn’t the experience of top NA players matter?

Swarlz

Quoted from RaCio

[…]I won’t comment on the latter and first, but care to explain the second? If the opinion of high skilled players should be valued so much, why shouldn’t the experience of top NA players matter?

Because NA players have nothing to do with ETF2L. As a admin of ETF2L I trust you understand that ETF2L stands for European Team Fortress 2 League

xzr

I find it hilarious how Racio feels incompetent about his own skills and keeps jerking over “how the yanks are doing it”

Would be about time you noticed that euro tf2 is in a much better shape than the yank scene

Swarlz

Can I please hear from an admin why there have been no votes held?

Last edited by Swarlz,

RaCio

GoT²

I dont see how either would influence the knowledge of the NA top players. As you might know, they have actual match experience with the unlocks we are talking about.

y4k

:)

I’d love to think voting would actually solve everything but as far as I can see it’s only likely to do that if the teams are committed to playing in the league regardless. When a vote on unlocks/maps/etc comes back giving us our democratically created ruleset we will play with it because that’s how we decided to do it. It was done by a method perceived as fair. As far as I can tell from reading all the posts that contain more information than “madcausebad”, it’s not the system of choosing that’s the problem.

Those quitting from the top divisions don’t want to play the game in the way that has been set out by the league. Yes there are arguments about how the rules are chosen but that seems secondary to the most prominent point raised by those quitting, they don’t want any unlocks except from the first medic update.

There is no compromise to be had here. Those quitting aren’t raging over a few unlocks, it’s all of them. Whereas by definition, those in the Cinnamon camp are in favour of a few “balanced” unlocks that help gameplay. If the Vanilla camp compromise they essentially enter the Cinnamon side. A compromise from the Cinnamon side isn’t really a compromise.

Much as I hate to say it I agree with several posts made somewhere on here about playing Vanilla as standard and agreeing on the match page to allow unlocks up to the rules for Season 9.

Personal opinion: I’d prefer to introduce changes in gameplay through new maps although this does place a lot of work at the feet of the mapmakers :S At least with maps they can be practised, studied and tactics worked out, even if said tactics aren’t pretty, well before playing and there should be none of the surprise element that comes with random weapons.

To take the burden away from checking my profile before potential rage posts, yes I’m div6, played 1 season here, 1 in wireplay and only won a few games :) enjoy

xzr

Quoted from RaCio

I dont see how either would influence the knowledge of the NA top players. As you might know, they have actual match experience with the unlocks we are talking about.

You claim top euro players don’t have match experience with bonk and equalizer?

oh my fucking god get real

Swarlz

Quoted from RaCio

I personally don’t hold the top NA players at any standard in the first place imo.
I’m also taking no stance on the use of unlocks or not. All I’m saying is there is a lot of debate on the use of unlocks – so much so we’re losing OUR top players. Losing our top players is far more important than listening to NA top players. Just hold a vote then you can use that 100% evidence to what people want and what they dont want and make your lives so, so much easier.

I would also like to apologise for my prior post, it was unnecessaraly aggresive.

Last edited by Swarlz,

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from xzr

[…]

You claim top euro players don’t have match experience with bonk and equalizer?

oh my fucking god get real

I’m pretty sure that the post you quoted did not claim such a thing or mentioned any unlock for that matter, and was aimed as reaction to the following post.

Quoted from xzr

[…]

your point being? ESEA is a league with entry fees, shit teams and shitty ac client? uh oh

NA top players have experience in high level tf2 and play with a wide variety of unlocks, it would be illogical that when talking about whether unlocks are overpowered or possible to counter, their opinion can be dismissed for being shit/low level players.

And its a quite a healthy thing for the European scene to see what the US scene does right (and vice versa) actually.

xzr

So you’ve got the euro top scene screaming for vanilla, and you insist on bringing yanks into this? Yanks who got like 2 teams that could probably stand up to the euro prem teams in equal circumstances. Yep, quality admin work as always Racio, this league is going to do well with you.

Spira

xzr may I ask why you want vanilla so badly and why you are so unwilling to embrace new ideas?

RaCio

GoT²

My post underlined the part that should indicate my post was aimed only at the discussion about influence of unlocks on the game and whether they are overpowered, not about direct influence on rulemaking.

xzr

Quoted from Spira

xzr may I ask why you want vanilla so badly and why you are so unwilling to embrace new ideas?

you may not

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »