Forum

ETF2L: The problem

Created 6th March 2011 @ 14:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 ... 31 Next »

Swarlz

+1 to Retsh0ck for using his big boy English

Tikcus

Retsh0ck

TopGear answered it well enough, and i’ve got bored writing out long replys that idiots don’t understand

have a nice day

kaidus

WiK?

I think retshock makes a good point when he talks about the pre-unlock era in which everyone was happy. Any compromise that involves unlock is an unfair compromise, as it’s fairly obvious that unlock lovers liked TF2 just as much before valve released any new garbage. They have a win/win, vnailla advocates have a win/lose.

Last edited by kaidus,

TopGear

tH

Kaidus is stuck on a desert island with a munter of a women, yet he’s happy as that’s all he knows of women. Sex is bland and uneventful; however, eventually the modern world arrives on this island and carries him off to pastures new. Upon arriving at his new home he encounters modern women, she’s fine and sex is totally different and amazing. Yet he’s told he has to stop, no more fine women, go back to munterville(a.k.a Bolton). Kaidus goes back to his old life, not quite as happy as he used to be and yearns for modern women. Now, give me my sandvich and equalizer bitch ;p

Moral of the story, go play some tf2.

lunch over ;p

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from TopGear

Kaidus is stuck on a desert island with a munter of a women, yet he’s happy as that’s all he knows of women. Sex is bland and uneventful; however, eventually the modern world arrives on this island and carries him off to pastures new. Upon arriving at his new home he encounters modern women, she’s fine and sex is totally different and amazing. Yet he’s told he has to stop, no more fine women, go back to munterville(a.k.a Bolton). Kaidus goes back to his old life, not quite as happy as he used to be and yearns for modern women. Now, give me my sandvich and equalizer bitch ;p

Moral of the story, go play some tf2.

lunch over ;p

what

piece

wtf, kaidus is not into men o_0

Ghostface

spire

He’s not?

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Retsh0ck

[…]
bottom line: If 2 teams could agree on ceratin unlocks they’d _evantually_ get to an agreement which means vanilla + equalizer ( that’s what you said, not me. )

for your 2nd paragraph:
did you read my posts at all? -_-
It’s not wrong to force them playing without unlocks because of the fact no one has ever complained about such a thing ( correct me if I’m wrong ofc ), EVERYONE are used to playing like that, so why the fuck would you change it? :|
“not having fun playing / getting bored” – fucking go play css than or make your own league with these rules.
Just from talking to teams a month ago I could see everyone were excited from this season and said it’ll be the best etc, than this happens.

[…]
Care to explain how I don’t understand it? I was following exactly what you said :)
As far as I can see it, having that “cba going over what I said / explaining” means I “won” this arguement. ( still waiting for a decent post from you though since it will be coming :D )

[…]
+1 basically ( even though should have said it in a nicer way, still true :/ )

[…]
I’ll only comment on that because the other post is just being stupid in my opinion ( has nothing to do with the medic unlocks being first? they’re the only balanced ones – for example the crossbow shit isn’t. :| );
Yes, it’s true you can’t make 2 groups “happy” with opposing viewpoints. I AGREE.
BUT ( and I will write it again because you guys are either not smart or just ignoring this ) when was the last time someone got angry / said anything about vanilla? people are used to play like this, I can’t remember ever hearing someone raging that he doesn’t have his GRU or w/e.

And lets go back abit, if you’re not agreeing with the paragraph above.
Why should the group that rathers having unlocks gets to have the league like they want to?
Going back to what Agron has written, most people that do want the unlocks or w/e are new players here, that is having their first seasons here, how exactly is it fair to listen to players who are new here and not to players who are already playing here for a long time ( and making the league the successful league it was all these seasons ).

since, like other people wrote here, most lower div teams are in the ‘idc’ mode, they won’t give a fuck about which unlocks, so what’s the problem having a league when you get the TOP teams playing with vanilla ( like they want to ) and the lower div players to agree with themselves about what ever they want ( which’ll be the same as cinnamon since they’re all in the “idc” mode ).

I said they would agree on medlock/vanilla/equaliser but for the wrong reasons, the it is not because they dislike the unlock or think it should be banned, but if they were not planning to use it, and the other asked for it, the presumption would be that they had a tactic that be ‘cheap’ or ‘good’, so they would be blocking unlocks for the wrong reasons. As this entire argument is pivoted on the fact that new unlocks adds greater range of tactics.

No one has complained due to the fact that they haven’t been banned. I for one would complain if two items in particular were to be banned (equaliser/bonk). It is arguable that the low participation in ESL is due to unlocks being banned, although I would wager it is more there un-userfriendly site/AC client more than anything else.

xzr

Quoted from Tikcus

Retsh0ck

TopGear answered it well enough, and i’ve got bored writing out long replys that idiots don’t understand

have a nice day

maybe idiots have a hard time understanding the dribbling of complete retards 888]]]

Dummy

its only people arguing vs vanilla, only saying why its wrong, and people arguing for vanilla
nobody is sensibly arguing for unlocks (besides people like ghostface who just go u bad adapt :W)
:S

so what I’m talking about is that a lot of people are arguing against vanilla without proposing a sensible solution of their own

Last edited by Dummy,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Ghostface

No offense, but do you need a definition on the idiom “to have access to something”, Eledorian?

“to have access to something” is not an idiom…

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

What are you talking about? It has been brought up multiple times: it adds new tactics that can be explored (Scottish Resistance on BL last/Buff banner (although that may be OP) and yes I just used a bracket inside a bracket (mindfuck)) some items add whole new dimensions to a class (Equaliser/FaN/Gunslinger) and make it competitively viable (Degreaser/Dentonator if it gets added/GRU if it was nerf a bit). Other weapons increase the skill ceiling of a class (Ambassador). Other are admitably are OP and those should be banned. Other are useless and will never see competitive play (Black Box), but some people may like to try them and might find something interesting to do with them, so they shuuld be allowed.

So shut up about there being no arguments.

P.S

Loved the article that Racio (I think) linked a while back interesting read, basically summing up the entire unlock argument rather well and offering an interesting view that TF2 is one of the few games were the ‘pro’ players have the same views as the scrubs in different games. Please link more interesting articles, not even on gaming in general, as I have basically given up on acedmic work, but love to read and argue, in general explore ideas anything I get that is interesting is good. Also people should go read Freakonmoics and the squeal, which I am reading atm, just about to finish it.

P.P.S

I have swung about two or three times between Vanilla and unlocks, people are presenting good arguments on either side. At the moment I am in between, I think Vanilla is easier to implement across leagues and LAN’s but unlocks can provide a new dimension to the game that I do enjoy seeing and using.

Last edited by CrashSite,

Dummy

Quoted from CrashSite

Wall of text

sensible arguments, you spaz

Last edited by Dummy,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

What was wrong with them exactly?

Dummy

Quoted from CrashSite

What was wrong with them exactly?

look back through the previous 20 pages !

bad soldier: it rewards fail, y/n?
LTG. CrashSite the Catatonic: no

NICE INSIGHT THERE (talking about equaliser)

Last edited by Dummy,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 ... 31 Next »