Forum

ETF2L: The problem

Created 6th March 2011 @ 14:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19 ... 31 Next »

xzr

Hi guys stop arguing, let’s go ESL, a competitive TF2 league!
Leave these community shitters here yo 88]]]

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Someone’s ego is twitchy today.

I think we should just do 6v6 heavy boxing. KGB allowed ofc

Tikcus

Quoted from Retsh0ck

[…]
So let me see if I understand.

You don’t

I can’t be bothered to go section by section through your post

Etf2l has not been vanilla since unlock were released there was no issues with unlocks till the sandman, I’m not going to repeat arguments against moving backwards there is no point

The current rule set has 330+ signups, and will be a good season, I guess how ESL signups go will dictate what people want

Last edited by Tikcus,

Pyle

start your own league and implement your own rules!

I vote lock thread.

xzr

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

I can’t be bothered to go section by section through your post

yet you keep enrichening these forums with your huge walls of text, giggle

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from xzr

[…]

yet you keep enrichening these forums with your huge walls of text, giggle

why dont u just leave and go play esl when its all so bad? dont care for us. we are fine. gtfo

Dummy

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]
The current rule set has 330+ signups, and will be a good season, I guess how ESL signups go will dictate what people want

no, ESL will obviously have less signups. most teams in the lower divs are in a ‘idc’ mood, so signup numbers arent the best way to see what people want
just make a bloody poll with steamID needed

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Retsh0ck

[…]
So let me see if I understand. You said that if the team could choose than they’d say NO to other unlocks? ( that’s what you said! ) So how am I wrong here? :D People WANT to play with vanilla. ( and if you’re saying you want to play cinnamon or w/e the name is; try and agree with the other team to do so. )

“that is forcing vanilla through the back door”
Well, yes. :| you said it yourself, if people would have to choose than they’d go for vanilla and not cinnamon ( not specific unlocks, the cinnamon ones [ I didn’t bother seeing them ] ).

HOW IS THE CURRENT SYSTEM PREFERABLE IF YOU HAVE TEAMS QUITTING WITH THIS ONE WHILE USING THE “OLD” SYSTEM YOU WON’T? :|
That is preferable to you maybe.

How is byte’s suggestion making it any better? if the team is still avail to play with the unlocks they want while just “INFORMING” they will, what’s the difference? The team will be prepared? The situation will still be the same, it’ll change nothing. People already knew who’d play with unlocks, that’s not helping at all. ;|

I still can’t see how my idea is any bad. If you want to have a change – go to CSS / COD. Don’t ruin it for other players who are still having fun from the game as it is.
If you follow the ‘system’ I suggested, you could play like the game was played till now ( AGAIN, NO ONE HAS COMPLAINED ABOUT THE VANILLA + MED UNLOCKS and went like “FUCK SAKES WHY CANT I USE WRANGLER” )
AND if you want to have the change, make your team agree on it and you could play by your cinnamon ruleset. This sounds perfectly fine to me, both sides are happy. If you wanna play with your cinnamon go for it, don’t force us to do so.

Don’t think that was what he was implying. It is that if one team wants to use unlock, lets say DR, and the other team, who although likes unlocks, does not play with DR at ALL will of course ban it thinking that the other team has a strat involving it. All this does is mean that only unlocks everyone agrees on will be used, whether this is a bad thing is up for interpretation, as it would basically end up with medic locks + equaliser and that will be about it I am guessing, as no two teams would deiced on anything else, if suggested by the other team.

Also there is the point of it is one group or the other. It is equally valid to say that it wrong to force ppl to play without unlocks as that is what will happen as stated above.

xzr

Quoted from IPZIE

[…]

why dont u just leave and go play esl when its all so bad? dont care for us. we are fine. gtfo

sowwy who r u :(

agron

Relic

Quoted from IPZIE

[…]

ippez
Registered 378 days ago

I’m sorry, Xzr was here over 2 years before you. I think he has the right to be unhappy about you coming in and demanding that he should quit playing tf2 the way he likes.

xzr

Registered 1143 days ago

jesus christ so many days wasted

minimoose

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

I quite enjoy looking at what I type and believing I am the smartest person on this forum thank you very much sir.

:D

Tocsix

IsF

All you below division 2 should just stop writing because you have no clue how unlock affects the game on a higher level. All of you saying that the top teams don’t want unlocks because they can’t adapt are just stupid (I’m sorry to tell you the big news). The reason why a player is playing at the top in the first place is not some super awesome tactic that only works with vanilla weapons, neither is it the ability to use/aim with the vanilla weapons. The real reason is that they are able to adapt to an enemies move and use it to their advantage and with too many weapons this just get impossible and the game will become Random Fortress 2.

Look at Starcraft 2 where about 50% of the players play in bronze league (+ silver if you want to have an absolute majority). Let take the same arguments as most people say here that we are going to let the majority decide the balance of the game. I don’t think many lower level Starcraft 2 players would have agreed that their opinion about the balance would count as they don’t understand how it would affect the higher level play (with some exceptions).

Anyway looking forward to a fun season of tf2 in ESL, have fun with you community league without most of the top teams.

Dummy

Quoted from Tocsix

All you below division 2 should just stop writing because you have no clue how unlock affects the game on a higher level. All of you saying that the top teams don’t want unlocks because they can’t adapt are just stupid (I’m sorry to tell you the big news). The reason why a player is playing at the top in the first place is not some super awesome tactic that only works with vanilla weapons, neither is it the ability to use/aim with the vanilla weapons. The real reason is that they are able to adapt to an enemies move and use it to their advantage and with too many weapons this just get impossible and the game will become Random Fortress 2.

Look at Starcraft 2 where about 50% of the players play in bronze league (+ silver if you want to have an absolute majority). Let take the same arguments as most people say here that we are going to let the majority decide the balance of the game. I don’t think many lower level Starcraft 2 players would have agreed that their opinion about the balance would count as they don’t understand how it would affect the higher level play (with some exceptions).

Anyway looking forward to a fun season of tf2 in ESL, have fun with you community league without most of the top teams.

reasonable arguments before, but to play the devils advocate, saying “should just stop writing because you have no clue how unlock affects the game on a higher level” isnt fair, new rules would affect lower divs too

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

The amount of signups does’t have a significant relation to wether or not people are happy with the ruleset. There are several factors that could make a team still sign up while disagreeing with the ruleset.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19 ... 31 Next »