Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 31 Next »

bìester

Quoted from Lynn

wall of text

movie?

<3 canfo

Last edited by bìester,

M0re

_what_ _is_ _the_ _problem_? _if_ _it_ _has_ _something_ _to_ _do_ _with_ _vanilla_, _join_ _ESL_. _problem_ _solved_.

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

Quoted from xzr

‘I think he mentioned scouts who actually hit stuff

Point taken. :P

There’s not a whole lot of Scouts that can aim in div6. Actually there’s not a whole lot of anything that can aim over here.

Then again, it is all a matter of perspective. :)

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

Quoted from xzr

‘I think he mentioned scouts who actually hit stuff

I would walk into the gaping hole of hell with you

Яyan

This thread is dildos

Netsky

well thanks for that long review as I may call it, but I don’t agree on every weapon though.
Probably a matter of opponents & how well you do with the weapon.

I think if etf2l were to go vanilla & med, byte’s idea sure is the best first step to take, with a possibility for the next season if the majority of the players agrees, even go further. However I think it would be absolutely wrong to have such a harsh change with that little time. For instance.. imagine Robin & Gabe think badlands is crap and delete it from the game for whatever reason. I guess some people wouldn’t be too pleased.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Netsky

I think if etf2l were to go vanilla & med, byte’s idea sure is the best first step to take, with a possibility for the next season if the majority of the players agrees, even go further.

So is there a discussion taking place? Or is the idea still very much up in the air?

Netsky

oh sorry that was simply a thought which came into my mind. Not related to any admining, haven’t been in irc today. Just saying if I had to change it I would have done it step by step.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Netsky

oh sorry that was simply a thought which came into my mind. Not related to any admining, haven’t been in irc today. Just saying if I had to change it I would have done it step by step.

Fair enough.

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

change it back

Kop

[CiC]
CiC

Quoted from Monkeh

The problem seems to stem from what individuals see as having fun.

I think we’re all agreed we play TF2 in a competitive setting mainly because its fun to do so.

I think we’re, pretty much, all agreed, that attempting to be as good, nay, as competitive as you can be, is a big part of that fun.

Now some people will have a lot of fun desperately dodging enemy fire whillst covered in piss, yelping over mumble.

Some people will find it extremely annoying that a bloody jar of piss has completely ruined this push they’ve been practising for the last week or two.

It seems lower league players tend to lean toward allowing more unlocks than higher league players, so maybe it’s because the higher up you play, the more serious you need to take it to do well. The more organised, the more co-ordinated you get, the more a fucking jar of piss can ruin it; The push, the hold, the cap, the FUN.

Personally I think the unlock rules are fine, but I do see where the RQ’ers are coming from. It’s just a shame is all.

Signed up.

I like this post, and i agree its a shame :(

Ripple

tbh I don’t know what’s the problem here at all. all those people whining about those 3 unlocks people use normally and this whole crying about LET’S GO ESL AND MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE imo<–. They will stick to the userfriendly ETF2L which will still have the most teams of any leagues in europe (319 signups so far / I bet ESL to get like maximum 100 teams).

ESL will look like an Vanilla-"Pro" only league and ETF2L like a noob league, but noone ETF2L will care because noone is affected by it directly. If they want to watch dignitas live, they still can do it without having to participate in the ESL, they won't play the team ever anyway. So why join a league with an absolutely user unfriendly Interface and an hated AC-System.

Only my opinion, I will stick to the masses, because i think complaining about everything is useless and bullshit, I've always had fun playing the game i like. But I think ETF2L will consist as the top-league (quantitiy-wise) and only a few teams will fight on ESL. And until I don't know if the ESL will succeed, i won't sign up aswell – not because of the vanilla-thing, more because of the bs-ESL in general.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Moose is entirely right saying that nothing will change.

Well actually… that’s a lie. You will find their are more vanilla games on etf2l, from teams who don’t really care about unlocks.

However, the reason why the prem teams are leaving, is because a select few teams (us included) will be using unlocks in the forthcoming season.

In Byte’s example, we would simply go to every match page prior to the season starting and write a message like:

We will be using .

That means that nothing actually changes for the teams that are leading this ‘leave etf2l’ push.

However, you will find in the lower divisions, a lot of teams will simply not bother writing on the match page, and will end up playing vanilla by default. I guess that would help the eventual push to a full vanilla league in the future, as more lower level teams would start using the vanilla rule set. But that’s about all it would do.

There isn’t really a solution for this problem. Some teams want to play vanilla, some do not. There is not an ‘in the middle’ because the non-vanilla teams are allready in the middle, and vanilla teams want only vanilla and nothing else (well maybe their compramise would be at max… having the fish). In the middle in my opinion would be a balance of allowing some unlocks, and banning some. That should be the compramise but non-vanilla teams are too stubborn to realise that, and just want their way or no way.

We are not suggesting we want all unlocks, we are happy for a select number of unlocks to be banned from the league. That could be considered our compramise, but a non vanilla team can’t then say to remove every single useful (even slightly useful) unlock, because then that is just a reskinned vanilla.

The issue is, the vanilla teams see a load of unlocks as ‘ruining the game’, where as I see a load of unlocks as ‘doing the game no harm, but potentially adding to it’. Those opinions are not going to change.

Sorry if the post has a lot of repeating sentences, I kept adding, changing parts so it might not be too well structured.

piece

Weren’t you the one defending the Fan when it was clearly overpowered and annoying beyond any believe?
Pretty much trying to reason the rest of the world with the exact same arguments?
Sounds obsolete to me.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Pretty much every post in here is sounding increasingly obsolete; points have been raised, then repeated.

I think people should read the Demoman limit thread before it leaves the Recent Posts section for good. It’s understandably locked but the first 3 pages are pretty good – some of the ideas written there, when applied to the unlocks debacle, are better than most in here. Cheers Chojje for necroing it.

:)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 31 Next »