Forum

ETF2L: The problem

Created 6th March 2011 @ 14:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 31 Next »

Tikcus

Premier league – Div 2

Vanilla+medic – unless 1 team posts on match page they will be using Cinnamon

Div 3-6

Cinnamon – unless both teams agree to vanilla+medic by both posting on match page

This will minimise the amount of posting needed on match pages.

Rules are basically the SAME

dauk

+1 for bite
-1 for tickus

antyjc

2ne1

if it would get the prem teams that aren’t signing up to sign up then definitely a good idea, i don’t know if it will though.

Last edited by antyjc,

Ghostface

spire

Having the same loadouts(medlocks + vanilla) forever and ever and ever will just end up making the game dull. All teams will use the same friggin tactics all the time, no new “flavor” to games, and it’ll just become boring. Then when everyone realises the game is shit, you’ll all be “TF2 IS DEAD OMGZORZ”.

Sure you can argue that mastering those same tactics is what comp tf2 is about, even though it’s a stupid hypothesis, but you’re actually good at the game when you can continuously develop your tactics for new unlocks, think of a way to counter something, think how to attack, etc etc etc.

So vanilla+medlocks isn’t a good thing, maybe(read:surely) allowing everything is a bad idea, but byte’s proposition is the best so far.

WOODY[

Op4

Quoted from dauk

+1 for bite
-1 for tickus

AnimaL

lol, if u think sniper piss is what it takes to get new strats in this game, get a clue

xzr

Same tactics you say? New tactics are discovered every day, new pushes, new counters. Vanilla matches are far from stale, you don’t need new guns to make tactics. Stating such is just fucking ridiculous.

xzr

Quoted from byte

I wonder, how much pressure would be eased off if the following was suggested.

“The Gentlemen’s rule is now enforced in every match, where every team by default is to assume it is vanilla + medlocks, however if one team wishes to use an unlock out of the unlocks ruleset allowed mentioned, then they can do so, but only if they notify the other team before the match starts.”

So in simple English this is basically a default without mentioning anything it is vanilla + medlocks only, however if the other team wants to use a unlock out of the unlocks allowed stated by the league then they can do so but only if it is stated before the match starts/match page.

That way, the pressure and abuse can partially go on the team and not on the league, as I’m sure if this was to go ahead at most 3 out of the top 10 prem teams would all agree on vanilla in the ETF2L matches and 2/3 would not.

So those who disagree will get added slating/pressure/troll’ed/hated more in the community and eventually give up/fold/go vanilla.

What’s that you say? “Or you could just enforce vanilla + medlocks?”

Remember this is a hypothetical suggestion

Cheers

Byte

Or we can just go play in esl and play vanilla pcws. Easy enough.

skinnie

TCM

if teams are allowed to play vanilla then maybe they can start focussing on strats again instead of thinking about what shitty unlock to use

and -1 for everything Tikcus says, this isnt an mmo wich needs new items/arenas and shit

kaidus

WiK?

Mmm byte probably the best compromise so far but still, if there’s not enough people who support vanilla to cause ETF2L to go vanilla then there’s too many teams who’d permit unlocks for vanilla advocates to tolerate.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

@Byte: I suggested that exact thing in IRC more than a few days ago now, and Spike Himself added the checkbox idea which he has mentioned already in this thread.

I agree with what you’ve said, and I think it would be a good compromise.

EDIT: woops, I think I mis-read (only realised when Dummy pointed it out). What I was talking about is the default unlock ruleset is vanilla + medlocks, but both teams are allowed to use any unlocks as long as both teams agree using a checkbox system or something similar.

Last edited by Ritalin,

byte

Is a psychological technique used in real-life situations and is used for long-term causes. If the community want to decide what unlocks should be allowed if any. Then the option I have stated will do that but only within time, won’t just happen all of a sudden.

Remember how 2 demomen came into affect? ^wotr^ were the very first clan to do so, it mauled every clan, lasted for at least 1 or 2 seasons I think, but then alot of teams started to follow that trend. Okay it may be an incorrect trend to follow due to demomen being OP but you get my idea.

This trend would occur for the weapon unlocks, if this ruling was to be used, due to the sheer influence and pressure enabled by the top tier teams if they existed of course =)

I find it highly amusing how alot of top tier clans expect a league who have been going with the unlock rule set for ages, and all of a sudden expect to cut it with a machete in one go and expect the league/part of the community to accept.

You want change? you can get it but by reasonable terms, I have given my two suggestions, 1 on cadred the other in here. If that’s not suffice then as XzR^ said go to ESL.

Cheers

Byte

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from AnimaL

lol, if u think sniper piss is what it takes to get new strats in this game, get a clue

lol, if u think sniper piss is what it takes to break the game, get a clue

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from dauk

+1 for bite
-1 for tickus

Would absolutely love to see this put into place.

Last edited by herpderp,

Leshey

D.A
V.A.C.

Quoted from Ghostface

Having the same loadouts(medlocks + vanilla) forever and ever and ever will just end up making the game dull. All teams will use the same friggin tactics all the time

CS 1.6 is about million years old and yet it lasted all this time without any bullshit unlocks. People are still making up tactics and they’re still enjoying the game. ¬_¬
All these unlocks are aimed at pubbers so that they could send their money to valve, IMO. And tbh, valve did a pretty decent job and they still earn some cash on a game that is +3 years old…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 31 Next »