Forum

Keeping ubercharge when switching spawns

Created 5th March 2011 @ 17:57

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

XorZ

[8U]
[8U]

I don’t quite know why everybody seems to think of badlands forward spawn as the one and only use. In my eyes, that situation seems like a very rare occurance. I’m more thinking of.. Gran mid, medic, soldier & scout dies. After some battling around the surviving teammates caps mid. The people who died wants to wait for forward spawn, and they can build meanwhile. That’s another 20, 30 percent for free. Seems like a much more common use if you ask me.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from kaidus

And I thought I was late hearing about this.

Lol same

and about the whole “for scout it doesn’t matter” thing… say your demo is down.. sc can switch to demo from forward resup and place a quick trap in lobby.. also quite game changing imo. It comes down to either banning spawnhopping entirely or leaving this as it is imo. Taimou just mad that he didnt know about this :P

Sketch

MM

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

How is it fair if you do the same thing and survive such a situation as a scout? The only difference now is that you get to keep your charge by using a different method for respawning. Everyone has an equal possibility of using this feature and it would be practically impossible to regulate it.

scout doesn’t have 90% uber

If this was intended for the game then you wouldn’t even need to change hats/weapons to respawn with your uber. You would just bind a spawn swap key. Therefore keeping uber was not intended by valve. This is therefore an exploit.

thought you quit chris

Last edited by Sketch,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Cool, all div2+ players are for banning it because it breaks the game. All <div3 players can't position well and think it should be allowed. hmmmm

ashkan

Quoted from Sketch

[…]
If this was intended for the game then you wouldn’t even need to change hats/weapons to respawn with your uber. You would just bind a spawn swap key. Therefore keeping uber was not intended by valve. This is therefore an exploit.

Imagine you’re playing 2fort. You have your über ready. You are in spawn. You want to switch out a hat or weapon. Should you lose your über? It’s about keeping the über when switching loadouts, not keeping the über when switching spawn.

Now, if the game could somehow understand what spawn you are in, and respawn you into that same spawn after changing loadouts, then that would be a possible solution worth discussing from both a technical and a gameplay perspective, not what we are doing right now.

AnimaL

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

Imagine you’re playing 2fort. You have your über ready. You are in spawn. You want to switch out a hat

word, i also, like changing hats in mid of official games <3 etf2l <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

ashkan

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]word, i also, like changing hats in mid of official games <3 etf2l <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I don’t understand what you mean by this.

AnimaL

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

I don’t understand what you mean by this.

i mean ur an idiot for even considering braking game ballance in favor of switching hats

Quoted from Koeitje

Cool, all div2+ players are for banning it because it breaks the game. All <div3 players can't position well and think it should be allowed. hmmmm

That’s funny, I don’t play Div2+ and yet I think it should be banned. Admins, you had better take this into account and put Con in Div2!

ashkan

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]i mean ur an idiot for even considering braking game ballance in favor of switching hats

You misunderstand. As you noticed, I also used 2fort in my example even though it’s not a competitive map. I’m saying that this feature for auto-respawning when switching hats was intended for the public community, not the competitive. Also, I don’t see how it breaks game balance when it clearly does not favour any specific team. Please elaborate if you wish.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from FUN POLICE RUINS TF2

[…]

That’s funny, I don’t play Div2+ and yet I think it should be banned. Admins, you had better take this into account and put Con in Div2!

:D

There’s always an exception to the rule, but I’ll support you on your div2 quest.

ashkan

Quoted from Koeitje

Please show me the survey and explain how it breaks the game.

All I can gather from this thread is that two div5 players, one div2 player and one prem div player want it banned.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from ashkan

[…]
Also, I don’t see how it breaks game balance when it clearly does not favour any specific team.

Are you really an idiot or just trying to act like one? I can’t even wrap my head around your stupidity. Sorry. Go back to publics or something.

(ps. TDH can be used by both teams, so it clearly does not favor any specific team)

(pps. Wallhacks and aimbots can be used by both teams, so it clearly does not favor any specific team)

Last edited by Koeitje,

ashkan

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]Are you really an idiot or just trying to act like one? I can’t even wrap my head around your stupidity. Sorry. Go back to publics or something.

(ps. TDH can be used by both teams, so it clearly does not favor any specific team)

(pps. Wallhacks and aimbots can be used by both teams, so it clearly does not favor any specific team)

Wallhack completely changes the game, and it is not a feature forced upon the players. Being able to switch spawn with über intact does not have as great of an impact and is forced upon us.

The direct hit changes the game in a way a lot of people don’t want it to. Also, it is possible to regulate the use of the weapon.

Please refrain from personal insults. If it is such an easy matter to understand, then please explain where the problem lies.

Also, realistic suggestions on how to prevent the use of this feature would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, it doesn’t even matter whether it’s technically banned or not, and this whole discussion is pointless.

Ghent

Team

Why is everyone so mad recently?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »