Forum

Would you pay (metal) to play?

Created 17th February 2011 @ 14:49

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Freeflow

бекон

Quoted from agron

use metal as a currency on vanilla.eu’s betting system! totally would be workabledoable andsweet

love this idea

Skyride

DUCS

This actually does sound like a kind of funny/cute idea. Don’t think it would work for etf2l, but for small pub leagues thats actually pretty cool. Nice work monkeh. :P

Also, give me a shout if you need someone to hold metal. My 2nd account has virtually nothing in the backpack.

Monkeh, fyi coding that would definitely be do-able, but atm its not something that’s possible to do. Someone would need to speak to valve about it.

Last edited by Skyride,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from rytis

[…]
this would be better

tbh 12 weapons isn’t enough, i wouldn’t care if I lost 12 weapons really

Stew

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

tbh 12 weapons isn’t enough, i wouldn’t care if I lost 12 weapons really

BET ALL YOUR HATS !!!!

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Stew

[…]

BET ALL YOUR HATS !!!!

tbh that would encourage teams to not drop wouldn’t it ;)

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Skyride

Monkeh, fyi coding that would definitely be do-able, but atm its not something that’s possible to do. Someone would need to speak to valve about it.

I doubt Valve would want it to happen tbh, I mean if it does become possible then orgs like etf2l could start hoarding metal, churning out hats and selling them for cheaper than the Mann Co. store, ruining all of their hard work.

Just to note as well, I’m not claiming the idea for my own, it was a group idea, YAY for communities!

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

I doubt Valve would want it to happen tbh, I mean if it does become possible then orgs like etf2l could start hoarding metal, churning out hats and selling them for cheaper than the Mann Co. store, ruining all of their hard work.

Doubtfull :P

With your model you have no control over what you have in stock (when you craft a hat you don’t have control over which specific hat you get). You’re also relying on people keeping you supplied with enough metal to pull that off (9 scrap metal for a hat, 12 for a class specific hat).

And even if you would be able to sustain a large enough supply of metal you’d be still be going against a store which has a much bigger audience than your own.

Not that any of this matters because you’d still have to buy a whole bunch of back pack upgrades to be able to store all that metal/hats.

AnimaL

funniest idea in a long time

Quoted from Skyride

yes it would. valve would just raeg and hand out manual vac bans at will

Random

[Gb]

Quoted from Tikcus

not a terrible idea, but how about use the metal as a deposit

each team pays six scrap (12 random weapon drops) as an entrance fee, but gets it returned if they complete the season without dropping – if they drop it gets added to a prize pool (maybe awarded at random to any team that finishes the league without any default losses)

Best idea.

alfa

lol idea

Last edited by alfa,

nvc

Here’s an idea, how about we just offer prizemoney.

Skoberget

Gurka*

Wouldnt compete in such a tourney, might have to do with the fact that I craft away hats just to annoy all the hat people…

Monkeh

Quoted from nvc

Here’s an idea, how about we just offer prizemoney.

Crack open your wallet then……

IPZIE

SUAVE

its still a game you suckers.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »