Forum

Third Party Cheats in ETF2L Prem & Div1

Created 6th February 2011 @ 16:25

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 12 Next »

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Oh please do tell, want some more e-drama, can’t get enough recently.

Mark

Phase

Anti cheat software is the same as DRM in PC games. It fucks over non-cheaters (consumers) and does nothing to prevent cheaters, except the really stupid ones (pirates).

the bm man

k^m

if it wasnt for aequitas Bommeh would have got away with cheating

That example alone warrants an ac in etf2l

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Revolutionary idea:

Lan/Internet hybrid:

Instead of playing on your home computer you go to an etf2l sponsored location (nearby) but not all your teammates/opponents are at that location. You just play online (but using whatever methods LANs use to prevent cheating).

the bm man

k^m

Thats Fucking stupid

dr.Justice

≧◡≦

Quoted from N/A

I am not asking ETF2L to program their own AC System but I think merging with ESEA and using there whole match system would be REALLY good for ETF2L!

Support this 100% make it so!

M24_

merge with esea? You realize that at the end of every season here in NA there is massive debate about how shit esea is, the esea has caught ZERO cheaters in tf2, the client has more issues than the old esl/ems client. The onyl 2 reasons why tf2 teams here haven’t dropped esea is because A) it is keeping top end tf2 alive in NA and B) It has a large cash prize and esea lan is the only major land in NA atm (hence the reason for A)

edit: on top of the fact that merging with esea would require both a league and monthly fee to use, sure the stats are nice but if you want stats like that use tf2lobby for matches…

Last edited by M24_,

Quoted from Mark

Anti cheat software is the same as DRM in PC games. It fucks over non-cheaters (consumers) and does nothing to prevent cheaters, except the really stupid ones (pirates).

Springer

DAKKA

Quoted from the bm man

if it wasnt for aequitas Bommeh would have got away with cheating

That example alone warrants an ac in etf2l

You got a vallid point there, the problem is also that the etf2l ac team will ban players mostly from lower division. Its much harder to ban a div1/prem played based on demo’s.

Sketch

MM

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

chris!

despite many theories made by modern scientists about how chris came to be in existence. he is not an “anti-cheat client.” He is in fact a “people”

dr.Justice

≧◡≦

Quoted from Sketch

[…]
He is in fact a “people”

amen

randa

NO I WONT SEND MY DEMOS IN!!!!!

Nah but wires a good ac but its got a fucking shit ton of bugs inb4 anakin none were reported.

A merger with ESEA does sound sick highly unlikely though.

quad

Quoted from N/A

I am not asking ETF2L to program their own AC System but I think merging with ESEA and using there whole match system would be REALLY good for ETF2L!

[…]

You can’t bypass ESEA AC with any available TF2 Private hacks at the moment, and if they claim they can. Try it and enjoy your ban :p.

I’d also like to add the point of an AC would be to deter cheaters using cheats in official and not to necessarily catch them!

I think esea europe got shutdown

demsii

EPA

Quoted from N/A

[…]

You can’t bypass ESEA AC with any available TF2 Private hacks at the moment, and if they claim they can. Try it and enjoy your ban :p.

I’d also like to add the point of an AC would be to deter cheaters using cheats in official and not to necessarily catch them!

Yeah, great idea, let’s do that, team up with ESEA, then we’ll end up all paying for a league entry, premium account etc.

Also I don’t think you realise how many people have problems with the ESEA client at times (last match I played there were 4 people that couldn’t play/connect/lost steam connection and thus got denied by ESEA).

Quoted from Casual

Revolutionary idea:

Lan/Internet hybrid:

Instead of playing on your home computer you go to an etf2l sponsored location (nearby) but not all your teammates/opponents are at that location. You just play online (but using whatever methods LANs use to prevent cheating).

And what would be viable locations for everyone in a country to use? Or would you want to set up multiple locations? Not to mention travel methods (I doubt everyone owns a car and if not doubt they will want to pay for public transport or go by bike), traffic delays, etc..

Last edited by demsii,

konr

Quoted from N/A

[…]

ventrilo.exe was undetected, was it not?
I’m not against an AC at all. I just think that ETF2L is going to have to go to a massive effort to get it.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 12 Next »