Forum

Explanation of the ETF2L Awards

Created 30th January 2011 @ 11:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

David

I was looking through the awards and who has voted for whom and there isn’t a place where the awards are fully explained! Most of them are self explanatory like Medic of the Season but the Fairplay award, the name is so ambiguous that people just start voting for a team that lost all of their games instead of voting for a team that showed actual Fairplay and Sportsmanship (If that is what the award intended to award!).

The Most Valuable Player award, a new award which honestly I don’t understand, is it the most valuable player to the team, to the league, and the Frag Clip thread, looking through the nominations people have made it seems they’re getting Frag Clip and Frag Movie confused (Or are they, IT DOESN’T EXPLAIN!). Maybe adding a thread in the nominations forum explaining what the hell each award entails would make voting a lot easier instead of jumping on the bandwagon which is what is happening now.

Last edited by David,

nvc

Votes for everything but MVP are usually decided by whoever messages their friends the most on Steam :DDDDD

MVP is kinda obvious in as much as it’s MVP to a team, why would it be MVP to elsewhere? Most Valuable Player for a league just makes no sense.

Last edited by nvc,

randa

When I see that refuse didn’t fold after losing all their games I think fairplay to them!

David

Quoted from randa

When I see that refuse didn’t fold after losing all their games I think fairplay to them!

This has proved my annoyance! People will keep reading the awards in different ways, which is why a written down explanation is needed!

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

It’s all band wagon voting, people vote for people that they have heard of from the top teams or vote for somebody on their friends list. Best example is the Sniper of the Season award. It’s hilarious how jh is getting so many votes when in reality he barely plays snipers anymore, Shintaz plays it a lot more frequently, this may have changed. So jh will most likely have more votes than Arx/Shintaz etc just from having a frag video/being well known. PS Vote Arx since I can’t.

It’s not really a big deal anyway, if you wanted the awards to be serious then that would most likely involve elitism and only allowing a certain number of people to vote for them, i.e. Prem/Div 1 etc, and I doubt people would want that. It’s much more fun watching some random guy be voted for 20 times in a row imo.

poxie

Quoted from Thalien

It’s all band wagon voting, people vote for people that they have heard of from the top teams or vote for somebody on their friends list. Best example is the Sniper of the Season award. It’s hilarious how jh is getting so many votes when in reality he barely plays snipers anymore, Shintaz plays it a lot more frequently, this may have changed. So jh will most likely have more votes than Arx/Shintaz etc just from having a frag video/being well known. PS Vote Arx since I can’t.

+10000000000

Was trying to word a similar kind of post, gave up cause cba, and find you posted it! =D

hans

Quoted from randa

There are at least 9 other teams who didn’t fold after losing all their games.

jh is a shit sniper

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Shintaz

jh is a shit sniper

Bodyshots the way to go

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

still its just votes, and all named are very good snipers.. but still.. barely someone voting havok? thats weird, as he dominated pretty much everyone as sniper.

maybe next votes ;)

rtan

-9w-

No one really takes them seriously. Summed it up when last season people were voting for players that didn’t even play AFS

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Just want to notice that the forum’s called ‘S8 Nominations Forum’ and posting someone’s name there over and over again will not increase his chance of winning such award.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

AnimaL

Quoted from freshmeatt

Just want to notice that the forum’s called ‘S8 Nominations Forum’ and posting someone’s name there over and over again will not increase his chance of winning such award.

do you even realise why there are those threads?

Top 3 of all nominations will take part in a public poll which will decide the overall winner.

Last edited by AnimaL,

crzfst

Quoted from hans

[…]

And all of those teams are playing atleast in div2.

Vad

Quoted from hans

[…]

Refuse didn’t just stay together after such a difficult season but allowed us a merc when they easily could have refused and won that promotion/relegation playoff. Also agreed to play on our server when one of our players had problems with his internet connection.

That’s what I call fairplay.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »