Forum

I'm a tad confused about...

Created 26th January 2011 @ 11:02

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

vlad_drac

xoxo

I’m trying to think of a way to ask this question without immediately getting the topic locked. There is a very strong medieval atmosphere around these forums as we all know and it seems suppression is the admins answer.

I have no interest in the beavern thing, don’t know him, don’t know his team, never saw any demos. I may quote a few posts from a thread about beavern, but this is not related to him or his cause in any way, this is simply my concerns about the anti-cheat team’s methods.

First wildcard:
“As I understand it, every member within the AC team has to agree for a player to be banned, 1 person disagress then he will not be banned, simple. This has been stated by etf2l admins.”

Now d2m:
“With regards to the communication about my opinions, I had only spoken to Racio as I felt an incompetent decision was being made in this case. I did not unfortunately post a comment on the related forum topic on the private AC forum, partly due to lack of time, partly because I didn’t want to cause an argument with other admins and mainly because I thought it would get resolved after I voiced my concerns.”

I would like to know – is what wildcard believes true and if it is true, is it also true that the “vote” which occurs can be passed or denied without majority backing?

To clarify, say there are 10 total anti cheat admins (for example). If 6 admins are busy, a vote can be passed assuming the 4 people who actually expressed an opinion are in agreement? In which case no opinion counts as agreement with the popular vote?

Also i would like to know why there are ANY people on the anti cheat team that do not want to express their opinion because they don’t want to cause an argument? The idea of a jury is that they argue when things are not clear and it concerns me greatly if people are abstaining (and thereby giving a “yes-vote”, as we earlier saw) in order to keep the peace.

Again, these are questions not demands or accusations. Thanks for your time.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

+1

Make me head of the AC team, everything will be fine and dandy.

Swarlz

:| :| :| :| :| :| Although this topic is completely valid, please lock it now as once again for the fourth time in about 5 days all the shitnerds and internet heroes are going to come in and talk shit and make our comunity look a lot like a cuntfest once again.

crzfst

And i thought this is over. Just wait, I shall grab some food and then you can entertain me.

vlad_drac

xoxo

crzfst with all respect, it’s posts like that which will turn this thread into something it’s not meant to be, i just wanted to ask a few questions. There’s no drama involved, i have no agenda with this post.

Ghostface

spire

Beavern’s caused quite a stir around the league. And he’s yet to say anything.

Swarlz

Quoted from vlad_drac

crzfst with all respect, it’s posts like that which will turn this thread into something it’s not meant to be, i just wanted to ask a few questions. There’s no drama involved, i have no agenda with this post.

They may no be your intentions but it will happen

crzfst

These questions can be asked privately so you don’t need to make these threads and feed trolls like me.

Mike

TEZC

http://imgur.com/tCp90.gif

kuma

Quoted from Ghostface

Beavern’s caused quite a stir around the league. And he’s yet to say anything.

after the demo that was posted i’m not surprised :p

On topic, http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-15387/page-27/?recent=270698#post-270698
seems likely some kind of announcement will be made in the near future, it’s doubtful they will respond in any individual threads until that’s done.

vlad_drac

xoxo

If i ask them privately then i will need to go in circles between person to person on irc. First i’d have to install irc. If i emailed it i’d have to wait for a reply.

Both of those methods involve asking one person who may not know the answer. Here, i get a chance of a reply from any admin, or at least getting one admin to speak to another admin. Or perhaps the confusion cleared by a member of the community.

Thanks for your replies, but you’re already derailing the thread and i’m gonna try and stick to topic :)

Again, this is not about beavern, please stop namedropping!

Last edited by vlad_drac,

Swarlz

Quoted from vlad_drac

If i ask them privately then i will need to go in circles between person to person on irc. First i’d have to install irc. If i emailed it i’d have to wait for a reply.

Both of those methods involve asking one person who may not know the answer. Here, i get a chance of a reply from any admin, or at least getting one admin to speak to another admin. Or perhaps the confusion cleared by a member of the community.

Thanks for your replies, but you’re already derailing the thread and i’m gonna try and stick to topic :)

Again, this is not about beavern, please stop namedropping!

here you create the chance to shitstir

randa

/j #etf2l

!admin

No need to create a topic which can only be answered by admins on a public forum.

vlad_drac

xoxo

I don’t know where people got the impression that a forum was not a place for discussion.

Swarlz

Quoted from vlad_drac

I don’t know where people got the impression that a forum was not a place for discussion.

Sure it is, but this has been done over and over again recently each OP coming from a slightly different angle but they all end up the same. It’s done, finshed, end of. Whats been said has been said now we just have to wait for a statement from the AC if they decide to release one. If not. nvm

Last edited by Swarlz,

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »