Forum

Quarantine response to Beavern's ban

Created 24th January 2011 @ 03:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 27 Next »

compton

cvx|

Quoted from demsii

[…]

You do realize that’s quite a contradiction right? If bans weren’t needed we wouldn’t have needed an AC team in the first place. And I doubt AC admins really are that keen to catch cheaters just to satify the masses. If anything, I think they’re rather afraid to ban people wrongfully which causes this amount of QQ on the forums. I doubt that’s very motivating for any admin, at all. (Given the amount of free time they put in to make this league run and work and if your only “reward” is a shitstorm every time, I don’t think you’d be very happy either.)

And people argueing that you rather play with cheaters than have 1 person wrongfully banned .. I admire your dream, but back to reality now. Otherwise I would say lets just unban all the cheaters right now and lets see how much fun you’ll have playing against them (cuz I would obviously demand you play at least one game every night against cloak/abra/quad/reaction/fearny/playa etc)

You’re mixing up goals and the process. I was only talking about goals and banning shouldn’t be one, it is only a part of the process. Please read the other posts I wrote to see what I meant.

Stew

Quoted from trams

[…]

So, D2m has privacy issues.
Chris has problems with config tweaking.

Anyone else?

And you have a problem keeping your mouth shut.

AnAkkk

Quoted from minimoose

[…]

It’s crap

ESL wire is probably the best system and even then it ruins the game for some people with constant lags.

And yet only 2 TF2 players opened a support ticket to report lags, and then didn’t reply to it.

Cooler

4Queens

sorry but I watched his demo and assuming that he has been banned for cheating, his aim is incredibly weak

kuma

Quoted from Cooler

sorry but I watched his demo and assuming that he has been banned for cheating, his aim is incredibly weak

Thanks for your fine insight, an invitation to the AC team is pending.

demsii

EPA

Quoted from compton

[…]

You’re mixing up goals and the process. I was only talking about goals and banning shouldn’t be one, it is only a part of the process. Please read the other posts I wrote to see what I meant.

I think you’re mixing them up yourself, but I guess I understand what you mean.
The goal ultimately (for cheaters) is banning if in the process a player (cheater) is found guilty. Saying it isn’t a goal is rather odd then because if it wouldn’t be the existence of an AC team wouldn’t be needed ;p

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from kuma

[…]

Thanks for your fine insight, an invitation to the AC team is pending.

AnimaL

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

And yet only 2 TF2 players opened a support ticket to report lags, and then didn’t reply to it.

idd, if there are maybe 1% of such cases and every player just quits league instead of asking admin for help then you shouldnt blame wire

Waebi

‹Con›

one thing, before I go on reading from page 3 onwards as I just got home:
It seems I have to repeat myself yet again. Now read with me, and think it through

Investing your “free time” means nothing when it comes to being just or unjust. Nor does the fact AC admins are not paid. Nor does the fact that there are “other leagues” you can play in.

Last edited by Waebi,

konr

Quoted from reactioN

[…]

Obviously you don’t know shit.

No he seems about right

fe

“ACT can not show evidence cuz cheaters will know how to avoid bans blah-blah-blah” ufcorrz! ACT never had an evidence. in rus case winneh said russians used aimbot which costs 50(£$€?) per month. what a problem then? give rights to cheaters to hack for 50£ per month, anyway they’ll never get that money back from league… fuckin fablers.

Arcadizz1e

PwR
Pixie <3

wow someone should check the word count of that post against forza’s, we may have a new champion in the whining about bans division

compton

cvx|

Quoted from demsii

[…]

I think you’re mixing them up yourself, but I guess I understand what you mean.
The goal ultimately (for cheaters) is banning if in the process a player (cheater) is found guilty. Saying it isn’t a goal is rather odd then because if it wouldn’t be the existence of an AC team wouldn’t be needed ;p

Well I’m assuming you know what a goal means in football. It’s called “a goal” because that is what decides the success of the team. One can argue that a team that tries harder to win was better, but that’s redefining the goal. Just because you run on the field doesn’t make your team win, although running is pretty much always needed. But still, in theoretical terms, running does not make your team win. Getting to the ultimate goal (more goals than the opposing team) does. AC teams ultimate goal is to reduce cheating, not to ban. Bans are needed yes, but just because “enough” (or, theoretically, any) bans aren’t happening doesn’t mean that the AC team isn’t working in the best success possible.

Last edited by compton,

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from d2m

LONG GOOD POST

inb4gryzor#2

Quoted from demsii

I think it’s rather obvious that EVEN if the AC team have made a mistake, beavern will not get unbanned.. It’s for the simple fact that if he were to be unbanned, all the real cheaters will want to be unbanned too claiming their bans were a “mistake” by the AC team.

I gotta disagree (and agree at the same time) with that: If you look at VAC, then Valve says they dont unban people, yet they do at times, and still (most?) “real” ones will remain banned.

Quoted from Stew

[…]

And you have a problem keeping your mouth shut.

trolol thought a similar thing.

Quoted from Swarlz

It’s fine I’ll apply for AC and ETF2L will be fixed

now that’s the best suggestion I’ve heard in AAAGES.

Quoted from fe

in rus case winneh said russians used aimbot which costs 50(£$€?) per month. what a problem then? give rights to cheaters to hack for 50£ per month, anyway they’ll never get that money back from league

and now that’s the best TROLL I’ve heard in AAAAAAAAAAAAGES.

Last edited by Waebi,

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Quoted from Arcadizz1e

wow someone should check the word count of that post against forza’s, we may have a new champion in the whining about bans division

OP’s number of words: 2976
Forza’s number of words: 1404

Not even close ;)

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 27 Next »