Forum

Quarantine response to Beavern's ban

Created 24th January 2011 @ 03:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 27 Next »

AnAkkk

Quoted from trams

[…]

Are you sure? Jazzman were banned for having the pldx tool in his tf folder, but he was later unbanned ;)

Being locked until he contact the admins to solve a problem has nothing to do with being banned 2 years for cheating.

Quoted from IPZIE

[…]

will you ever…?

He already did, and guess what the outcome was.

Stew

AC team has people in it.. People make mistakes. I don’t really get what this fuzz is all about. I was in the same team, with a player banned for triggerbot/aimbot which i still have no idea if he did or did not use, i QQ’d for about one week, then it all went back to normal.

Last edited by Stew,

trams

-><-

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Suggest one that we can actually get and isn’t shit.

As stated many times before, noone seems to want a clientside plugin, the only serverside plugin that seems to work is Dblocker, D2m doesnt want this because it sends bug reports to a 3rd party server, is there anyone else that dont want it? the swedish site Onlinegamer promised a long time ago to give some funds to develop a ac-plugin, if they are still up for it, you could contact the maker of dblocker and ask him if he can develop it further, maybe with some help with fundings?

Hmm, I think this is like the 10th time I post this in the forums :/

demsii

EPA

Quoted from compton

[…]

AC teams job isn’t to ban people. If they do their job in a theoretical perfection, there’s no cheaters to be banned :)

It’s like people expect a certain amount of bans every now and then. It sounds ridiculous but this actually has an effect to how people act, maybe the AC admins have expected to find cheaters a little too often?

You do realize that’s quite a contradiction right? If bans weren’t needed we wouldn’t have needed an AC team in the first place. And I doubt AC admins really are that keen to catch cheaters just to satify the masses. If anything, I think they’re rather afraid to ban people wrongfully which causes this amount of QQ on the forums. I doubt that’s very motivating for any admin, at all. (Given the amount of free time they put in to make this league run and work and if your only “reward” is a shitstorm every time, I don’t think you’d be very happy either.)

And people argueing that you rather play with cheaters than have 1 person wrongfully banned .. I admire your dream, but back to reality now. Otherwise I would say lets just unban all the cheaters right now and lets see how much fun you’ll have playing against them (cuz I would obviously demand you play at least one game every night against cloak/abra/quad/reaction/fearny/playa etc)

Last edited by demsii,

minimoose

Quoted from tf2 is dead

seems very possible, id rather have a lame ac program than these admins

Because then you could bypass it with your cheats? lololololol

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641588/Pictures/Funny/32.jpg

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from trams

[…]

As stated many times before, noone seems to want a clientside plugin, the only serverside plugin that seems to work is Dblocker, D2m doesnt want this because it sends bug reports to a 3rd party server, is there anyone else that dont want it? the swedish site Onlinegamer promised a long time ago to give some funds to develop a ac-plugin, if they are still up for it, you could contact the maker of dblocker and ask him if he can develop it further, maybe with some help with fundings?

Hmm, I think this is like the 10th time I post this in the forums :/

dblocker is shit, not even because of the privacy issues, it’s just utter shit. not even going to substantiate my opinion, because anyone that’s ever used it and has any level of config tweaking will know my pain.

FADe

–Thread so far, in video format–

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj6HqAg7ydc

minimoose

Quoted from d2m

-long-

I always assumed AC admins opinions of demos were collected in a main area where they couldn’t see each others opinions until all AC admins had submitted their opinion of the demo, then once all opinions are in they get to see each others notes on the demo and make a final decision. The fact that they just post in a topic about it is retarded to say the least.

trams

-><-

Quoted from octochris

[…]

dblocker is shit, not even because of the privacy issues, it’s just utter shit. not even going to substantiate my opinion, because anyone that’s ever used it and has any level of config tweaking will know my pain.

So, D2m has privacy issues.
Chris has problems with config tweaking.

Anyone else?

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from reactioN

[…]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eNrgpVp70U&feature=related

reactioN

Quoted from Mike

[…]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WzB63CUOtc

minimoose

Quoted from trams

[…]

So, D2m has privacy issues.
Chris has problems with config tweaking.

Anyone else?

It’s crap

ESL wire is probably the best system and even then it ruins the game for some people with constant lags.

Last edited by minimoose,

Ripple

imo it’s not only the AC-Team’s fault that wrong decisions are made. I realize it recently with one of my teammates, he’s getting accused of being a triggerbotter/aimbotter or whatever so many times by people just having less skill than him. Latest argument was “Totally unknown player comes up and rapes everyone, hacker!” He played this game almost since the start and is going towards the 1000 sniper hours, and imo he could play a lot higher than div 3, but he’s in our team because he knows 80% of the players from when he started playing tf2 (friends > success at least in this case ofc)
AC-Admins have checked him (i won’t name them) already and also called him legit (he was trialing for one of their teams before, and they checked him because he is an insane sniper and they wanted to be sure about this).
But since he’s really beating the shit crap out of most of our enemies on freight’s or obscure’s mid, we get to hear flames, and how they gonna report him to AC and how he will be banned soon. Tbh i always support those whiners and i hand over all the STV-demos they like to have, because i know for sure that this is real aim and not “artificial aim”.

What i want to say is, that as darn said, the whole community is part of the things going wrong here.
Someone hits a lot and does not play in prem or div 1? HACKER!
Someone is new to tf2 but a great player? HACKER! (hello beaverN :/)
SOMEONE IS BETTER THAN ME? HACKER!

If people continue accusing people of cheating randomly just because they’re better than someone else, fail decisions will happen. I heard a lot people talking about the CS community, little kiddies accusing everyone of being a hacker. Sry tf2, but it’s exactly the same here and if there are 100 innocent people reported, because they f*cked someone who is obviously a worse player but does not know or want to admit it (“I USUALLY MEATSHOT ALL SCOOT, BUT HE KILLS ME AND I CANT HIT, MUST BE HACK0R!”), there will be decisions on innocent people who did not deserve to be banned or even reviewed by the AC team.

Last edited by Ripple,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Ripple

imo it’s not only the AC-Team’s fault that wrong decisions are made

but it is their fault if they refuse to acknowledge that they make wrong decisions.

Ripple

Quoted from octochris

[…]

but it is their fault if they refuse to acknowledge that they make wrong decisions.

definitely true, but i hope you get my point. it’s also the community accusing everyone who is better than them, but playing in a team in a lower or equal division.
that actually activates things like this to happen…

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 27 Next »