Quarantine response to Beavern's ban

Created 24th January 2011 @ 03:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 27 Next »

hal

blah

Last edited by hal,

AnimaL

tbh the demo is rather dodgy

but then like, why isnt mike banned aswell, he has same twichy fuckin aiming and 100% accuracy…

Quoted from AnimaL

tbh the demo is rather dodgy

but then like, why isnt mike banned aswell, he has same twichy fuckin aiming and 100% accuracy…

Quoted from Jude

[…]

linking the video wouldnt really achieve anything, just subjective opinions of a majority without knowledge of what to look for in a cheater.
if it was obvious for stv/specs to see him cheating , this controversy wouldn’t have come about

AnimaL

? its not like etf2l ac team has anything other to work with :D

just subjective opinions

konr

Brilliant post.
Also, I didn’t have to give a demo or anything to the admins for Fearny to get banned. I literally just said he triggerbotted and stuff and pasted a few chat logs. I mean I’m glad he got banned cause he was a hacker, but really? A chat log is all I needed?

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

The biggest issue here is actually that other AC admins for other leagues did not find anything wrong with the demo’s, presuming they are reputable and are currently/have been AC admins, surely their opinion is valid, much more than ours?

This needs to be looked into if all the things in the OP are true.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from quad

@Yiddy there is more than 3 ac admins fyi (“hidden”)

Whether they actually exist or not is left to everyone’s imagination :)

Quoted from Skyride

However, you should understand that the AC team don’t ban people on a whim.

What was that?

@qn; Next time we play against eachother, please do bring Beav :)

konr

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Whether they actually exist or not is left to everyone’s imagination :)

[…]

What was that?

@qn; Next time we play against eachother, please do bring Beav :)

No you can ask any AC admin. They do. Whether or not their actual identity is known by anyone other than them isn’t known, but it is known that there are other AC admins.

Spike Himself

TC

That sounds as transparent and trustworthy as their ac policy.

Oh..

freakz

[8U]

Seriously, in all of the FPS games i’ve played so far, CS 1.6 , Quake3+Live , Cod4 , all of them atleast in a mid level. This is the first website i’ve encountered that has a suspicious way of banning people. Im not saying ETF2L is bad in any way, it’s just, people should be able to know the details. Regarding this subject, i’ve seen the demo Beav got banned for and honestly, after 7 years of FPS games, that isn’t a hack in any way. Also knowning Beavern i honestly believe he’s clean.

I just hope that a decent and loyal person like Beavern get’s unbanned.

konr

Quoted from Spike Himself

That sounds as transparent and trustworthy as their ac policy.

Oh..

They’re not exposed because then (as mentioned in OP) they don’t have to account for anything and they don’t get nagged at. Also lol PWN3D M8

Defur

I don’t trust the ACT, and that makes me feel uncomfortable – not that I’m afraid of getting banned or anything, it just makes me feel a bit worried that, maybe I would just randomly get banned. I guess one cannot truly know if the ACT is unjust unless they’re banned themselfs.

Last edited by Defur,

trams

-><-

Quoted from Jude

[…]

linking the video wouldnt really achieve anything, just subjective opinions of a majority without knowledge of what to look for in a cheater.
if it was obvious for stv/specs to see him cheating , this controversy wouldn’t have come about

Videos/stv:s/3rd person demos are useless, 1st person demo with the right cl_interp is the only way to go.
I think a lot of us can be as objective as the AC crew, I dont know beavern, dont care if he is a nice person, I just want to build my own opinion.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Wow very intelligent and insightfull post Kritzonite well put accross, better than the russians or french saying the usual “sacre blue he iz zee nice guy i see him play at lanz!”

However the only evidence you have is circumstantial that he doesn’t cheat, but then again how to you prove someone doesn’t cheat? :) The only way is for this to go away is for the admins to spell it out to us lesser beings as to what evidence convicted him, however again that will make cheaters wise to perhaps anti cheat techniques etc.

Also if it does turn out that this guy doesn’t hack ETF2L would have to un ban *everyone*, and i doubt that will happen.

Beavern will either stay banned or the only “fair” way is to show their clan leader the evidence that got him banned and how this proves he’s a hacker, and trust him to not share evidence.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Waster

Nobody is enforced to play in this league. Everyone know about the ‘competence’ of AC team of etf2l. So its pretty obvious what you get when playing in this league. There are other tf2 leagues out there as well. Apparently the amount of teams and usability of etf2l outweighs the disadvantage of a broken AC system.

I am not implying beaver cheated or not. I dont know. I am just saying that this seems how etf2l works and there are alternatives and you are by no means forced to play here. Also you seem to forget that AC admins arent payed. So they are totally voluntary and its hard to be picky if they are the only ones that wants to do the job in their freetime without getting payed. We could also just let everyone pay 5 euro a month and pay for a decent AC team for example. Or we can use anti cheat clients.

Just keep in mind that everyone is playing here voluntary, the AC team does his job voluntary and you had all the knowledge if you wanted to play this environment or not.

Last edited by Waster,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 27 Next »