Forum

Quarantine response to Beavern's ban

Created 24th January 2011 @ 03:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 27 Next »

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Kinyu

Make them record their games with video camera (we must see your face and monitor :D) All done.

nice troll

RaCio

GoT²

Relax

We won’t keep people banned if we think they are innocent or when procedure mistakes were made. And I won’t (forum)ban people who disagree with me or want to speak out. Neusbeer was pretty much spot on with is post. People aren’t banned because someone likes it or because they are good. So in that aspect the OP doesn’t hit the right snare. Hackers can look natural and someone with high-sens can look very dodgy (which is why releasing demos might not be the smartest thing, there will always be people who see nothing and people who think it shows hacks, other then that I have no problem with it).
As Neusbeer said, the AC staff changed and changes quite a lot since it´s first iteration. While that certainly has an effect on the communication between the members their actual skill in AC is still there for most of them. On the other hand we (and in the past d2m) have added some procedures (although we always have wanted to work to add more) that should act as a basis for a ban as well as control on the system, definitely an improvement that helps. As for d2m’s post, he did mention the issue to me before and I am looking into it. If it turns out the procedure to decide if a ban should be made from the evidence at hand, was not followed fully (by me), there’s no pride or stubbornness from me that would stop me from rectifying something.

Also, AC-programs are generally not a good idea, they only ban a select few hacks and are annoying for the honest part of the community. VAC is the least worst option but people clearly didn’t want it.

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

Obviously the system in place is completely inappropriate for this league because even people within the AC team are disagreeing with the points made and the bans given, its not professional and its certainly not something a sponsor would be impressed by.

d2m is not an active ac member, I do like to keep people around so they can speak out from an outsiders perspective if they feel something goes wrong. And if sponsors would care about anything they would care about the total lack of interest in other leagues like ESH/ESL and the community mainly showing interest in rage (whether it be on cadred, vanilla or etf2l).

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Make everyone record demos, not upload them for each game, just record them to be there if called upon, people have no problems with PREC.

This way if the AC team wanted more demos from Beavern, he would have them, I’m sure other players that get shit and abuse from people will happily upload all their demos anyway, most have nothing to hide and it’s just some players getting butthurt or have no fucking clue (Hi Binge + Konr, these guys will be believe anything if u let them lick ur anus)

Just have a reliable system and rules in regards for demos being recorded, punishments for those that don’t upload when asked, maybe add STV’s into it.

ETF2L just need a good impartial demo reviewing system, I doubt it’s good having to see if a guy is cheating or not from one demo, probably not easy to get hold of other demos without confronting and the person stopping cheating, then only having not enough evidence to go by.

Steve

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

most have nothing to hide and it’s just some players getting butthurt or have no fucking clue (Hi Binge + Konr, these guys will be believe anything if u let them lick ur anus)

who the fuck are you ? :D

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

most have nothing to hide and it’s just some players getting butthurt or have no fucking clue (Hi Binge + Konr, these guys will be believe anything if u let them lick ur anus)

WAR droppin’ them truth bombs.

Waebi

‹Con›

WAR, I agree to some extent, however, there are 2 things I’d like you (and everyone else) to think about.

1. There already is a rule regarding the recording of demos, we have to record them and that’s a good thing. However, seeing that it really is something that can be done easily, punishment for non-recorded demos should be handed out pretty harshly, as I could probably hack my socks off in a game and then say “oh I have no demo, sorry”.

2. If the AC team had wanted more demos, then err… yes, what difference would it have made, seeing that they apparently concluded he hax’d based on 1 demo alone? None, I think.

Last edited by Waebi,

InFlam0r

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Make everyone record demos, not upload them for each game, just record them to be there if called upon, people have no problems with PREC.

like this?
2.4 Every player has to record Demos

Every player is supposed to record Demos of every map and keep them for at least 2 weeks. A player and his team who can’t manage to supply a requested demo will be punished.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from RaCio

d2m is not an active ac member, I do like to keep people around so they can speak out from an outsiders perspective if they feel something goes wrong. And if sponsors would care about anything they would care about the total lack of interest in other leagues like ESH/ESL and the community mainly showing interest in rage (whether it be on cadred, vanilla or etf2l).

Active or not, D2M has had previous experience working with the ETF2L AC team and experience before that, so obviously something has gone wrong. Lets be fair, it doesn’t really matter what his position is, if you can find people who honestly reviewed that demo and felt that the ban was unjust, then there simply isn’t enough evidence. Obviously more people would have had to have felt the same, but its not like D2M’s points aren’t valid because hes not part of the AC team anymore.

I personally couldn’t spot a cheater for shit when reviewing a demo unless it was completely obvious, but there are people out there who can, and I believe D2M is one of those people as he was once an AC admin and still holds the trust of ETF2L.

konr

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

This way if the AC team wanted more demos from Beavern, he would have them, I’m sure other players that get shit and abuse from people will happily upload all their demos anyway, most have nothing to hide and it’s just some players getting butthurt or have no fucking clue (Hi Binge + Konr, these guys will be believe anything if u let them lick ur anus)

Just have a reliable system and rules in regards for demos being recorded, punishments for those that don’t upload when asked, maybe add STV’s into it.

ETF2L just need a good impartial demo reviewing system, I doubt it’s good having to see if a guy is cheating or not from one demo, probably not easy to get hold of other demos without confronting and the person stopping cheating, then only having not enough evidence to go by.

I like how WAR doesn’t even know us, and yet he thinks he knows everything. Much like he formed an opinion on Jack and said ‘all he ever does is troll’ even though he doesn’t know him. Ah, it’s refreshing to see that people can form their own opinions rather than being sheep. Oh wait…

I also like how apparently we’re getting butthurt by giving our opinion just like everyone else in here. Well la de da Mr. Elitist know it all.

JackieBoy

LTG.

IMO, every1 should upload their POV demos. Not just record. UPLOAD.

Last edited by JackieBoy,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from JackieBoy

IMO, every1 should upload their POV demos. Not just record. UPLOAD.

Welcome to 50-60Gb of data having to be stored by ETF2L every single week…

Also, if I wasn’t an active AC admin why did I agree to stay as a silent AC admin on 2nd August 2010? I might not have been “active” over the last 8 weeks as I was particularly busy work-wise, but that doesn’t mean I wasn’t part of the team…

Steve

why not just an stv of every game and remove them after a month ?

randa

Quoted from Steve

why not just an stv of every game and remove them after a month ?

Im not sure if its the same for tf2 but with 1.6 you could tell more obviously that someone was cheating with a pov than hltv.

AnimaL

Quoted from randa

[…]

Im not sure if its the same for tf2 but with 1.6 you could tell more obviously that someone was cheating with a pov than hltv.

stv records 15fps
pov – 40-66fps

gg

the only difference there is to find blatant aimbots… its not rly that helpful in tf2 since aimbots at this point have improved too much

Last edited by AnimaL,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]stv records 15fps
pov – 40-66fps

the door

leave through it

AGAIN

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 27 Next »