Forum

Quarantine response to Beavern's ban

Created 24th January 2011 @ 03:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 27 Next »

Edd

T2P

im sure there are coders within the community who have the ability time and willingness to create an anticheat. (not on about your troll thing chris)

but thats just my 2 cents

Last edited by Edd,

Biohazard

IDK

Quoted from Exfane

Release demos!

this.

And I don’t know the guy either but if someone is so deadly convinced he is innocent, in my opinion, Admins should release the evidence – even with ticks – so everyone can either go “oh right that was fucking obvious” or “fuck etf2l, maybe i’ll be next, better wait for tf2 mm (lol)”

Last edited by Biohazard,

konr

Quoted from Edd

im sure there are coders within the community who have the ability time and willingness to create an anticheat. (not on about your troll thing chris)

I doubt any of these coders could do that as it stands to be honest.Quoted from demsii

[…]

And about time banned cheaters get a forum ban for the duration of their ban.

I agree with this to an extent. There should be a forum specifically made for appeal so that a person can appeal for their unban or something, but all other places they shouldn’t be able to post in.
Quoted from tf2 is dead

[…]

and about time for the currect ACT to resign

Except you’re a massively obvious idiot of a hacker that still can’t even see how obvious his clips were.

Last edited by konr,

Steve

why is Abra not banned yet ?

also, great post kritz
I fully support beavern and your team
after playing with/against beavern for more than a year (in l4d1,2 and some tf2 mixes) I’m 100% confident he is not a cheater

I’m the one who made the steamgroup fyi, but when giving other people admin rights etc I removed myself (fml) but I rejoined. The group is in the hands of qn.fuo now and I also fully support and trust him with that.
fyi, the group is not to a tool to get beavern unbanned, it’s to show beavern there are people standing up for him, supporting him
Imagine you got wrongly banned, how’d you feel?

Stew

Quoted from Steve

I’d feel like going outside. *shivers*

Last edited by Stew,

profane

Quoted from Steve

fyi, the group is not to a tool to get beavern unbanned, it’s to show beavern there are people standing up for him, supporting him

I agree with you and the partition of the community who think beavern doesn’t cheat, but that just made me lol. it’s a game, if you get banned no matter what the way; it’s just a game. (it would still break my heart like taio cruz does :(()

Last edited by profane,

Wiiking

Quoted from profane

[…]
I agree with you and the partition of the community who think beavern doesn’t cheat, but that just made me lol. it’s a game, if you get banned no matter what the way; it’s just a game. (it would still break my heart like taio cruz does :(()

I hate the “its just a game” argument

U have spent 1874.4 hours on tf2. Got to mean something to you then?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Edd

nobody is going to code a good anticheat for free, i would have to put in hours that i would normally reserve for work, so would any other coder (if you want it to be coded in the next millenia). it also requires some experience dealing with heuristics — hard signature detection for something like this is utterly pointless.

in b4 nightbox codes etf2l anticheat.

Last edited by octochris,

reactioN

Quoted from octochris

HAHAHA

konr

Quoted from octochris

[…]

nobody is going to code a good anticheat for free, i would have to put in hours that i would normally reserve for work, so would any other coder (if you want it to be coded in the next millenia). it also requires some experience dealing with heuristics — hard signature detection for something like this is utterly pointless.

In VB.NET lmao

Steve

Quoted from Wiiking

[…]

I hate the “its just a game” argument

U have spent 1874.4 hours on tf2. Got to mean something to you then?

^ this

according to xfire i’ve played around 6.6k hours of videogames since 2005
and I don’t regret a single hour of that
(apart from cod:mw2 perhaps)

competitive gaming is much more than ‘just gaming’. It’s a way of life for some people (just look at all those starcraft2 players who are amazingly famous and loved in Korea, or that guy called Fatal1ty..)

Tornf4lk

cc//

I feel that I’t would feel great if we actually had trust in the ACT, sadly we don’t for several reason imo, I however feel that before actual bans are given out, maybe the ACT could say that they are suspicious and give time for the proposed hacker(seeing as if he isn’t actually hacking,) get a chance to defend himself, because as it is now, the bans are made, people are upset, people try to show evidence of the player not cheating, but it’s too late because he/she has already been banned, and as several people have said, they can’t and won’t unban people.

N/A

RaWr ::

who gives a shit, he’s banned, get over it or get out!

Nuck

TIDS
TSGHUH

@ OP: First of all, I don´t know you, and I don´t know Beavern, allthough I remember playing against him once or twice in a mix, where I thought he was either damn good or hacking brazenly. That was just my personal, amateurish opinion, and there is no way I am in any position to judge if he or someone else is using any kind of cheat – my knowledge about such things is (like probably the knowledge of most average players in this league as well) vague, uneducated and insufficient.

Having said that, I truly believe that you should have the right to speak out as you just did, and I also think that you should be supported, even if not for your own case, then at least for the greater purpose within and the fact that the system of the AC-actions in the ETF2L itself seems to be questionable, and should be discussed and optimized by its participants. This is a simple matter of trust put in those who run and control this league, and it should concern all of those taking part in it.

I really don´t get those people who respond to this in a way like “this is not a democracy” or “stop whining about caught cheaters”, because you either are just lucky not to be in qn´s position yourself – but sure enough you would react in a very similar way as they did with this post if you should be banned for a not existing or questionable reason. Or you lack a simple feeling for justice and fairness in general, and that totally disqualifies you from a topic about justified/unjustified meassures and about if or if not the methods leading to those are legitimate.
This league is not a real democracy, I give you that – but then again, what would the league be without the masses playing in it, contributing their time and their skills to it in a lot of different ways. We, the regular players, are the ones that make the admins what they are, not the other way around, and so we should be able to review and judge their work; by appreciation for a job well done surely most of the times, but also by criticising and pointing out errors or flaws to them if we feel the necessity – as it is obviously the case with the ACT and their actions, methods or even their members right now.

I have to disagree though with people claiming that AC-admins or admins in general should not be in a team participating in this league to avoid a conflict of interests, because people applying for those admin-spots should be able to separate private issues from official issues well enough in the first place to prevent any influence on their decisions as admins – if you don´t have that, you shouldn´t be one, simple as that.
Also I personally rather want to have admins that are familiar and involved in the game itself on a daily basis and a certain level, otherwise they would have to judge things from a spectator´s point of view only, not being able to put themselves in someone else´s position when judging them and their actions. Admins have to be regular players as well, be in the game, know the game, play the game to give us their best work.
This might ofc bring up some issues at some point when decisions have to be made against rival teams or even own team members, I get that – but you could easily prevent any rumors or dodgy feelings in that and also in general like for this special case right here by making the admins work more public, setting clear and openly stated rules they have to follow, and letting the community at least “watch” them do their job to a certain level. That would not only give people more trust about critical and important parts of this league like the ACTeam, it would also prevent endless discussions about justified or unjustified bans, and in the end, it would not only make the ACT´s job easier, but also re-establish a certain faith in their work, which – looking only at many posts from lots of respected players concerning the last incidents – is completely fucked up at the moment.

And yes, I know it´s just a game we´re talking about, but all of you who put in huge amounts of time and energy just like me or any other halfway professional player shouldn´t agree that can mean that it´s okay to run it on vague, inefficient or sometimes even plain wrong bases, and that you should simply live with bad decisions being made because it´s “just a game”… Even if it is in the end, that doesn´t mean it shouldn´t be played or organized in a fair way, right? Well, your argument is invalid, at least when you reached a 4-digit number of hours spent in this game.

tl;dr: make a number of 5-7 people ac-admins, let the community know who they are, why they are qualified and let them have a system of rules that has to be followed for every player under investigation; let the community have a look at that process from time to time to reinstall the trust in those guys and their job (which I´m pretty sure they do well most of the time)

Last edited by Nuck,

Kinyu

popkõrns

Make them record their games with video camera (we must see your face and monitor :D) All done.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 27 Next »