Forum

Quarantine response to Beavern's ban

Created 24th January 2011 @ 03:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 27 Next »

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Arcadizz1e

wow someone should check the word count of that post against forza’s, we may have a new champion in the whining about bans division

Was just under 3000. :p

I did actually read it all – after reading all the posts here I too think there is room for improvement for the AC admins. I believe Beavern is innocent.

Quoted from Skyride

knowledge is always a spectrum and never black and white, but never the less the vast majority of people genuinely are not knowledgeable enough to comment, but do so anyway (which imo is really more of a current societal issue rather than anything TF2/Internet related but hey, thats another debate entirely).

The internet is technology’s gift to idiots world-wide.

ups

Quoted from kuma

[…]

Thanks for your fine insight, an invitation to the AC team is pending.

Pretty much a reply to half of the posts in this topic

Arcadizz1e

PwR
Pixie <3

Quoted from Atty

[…]

OP’s number of words: 2976
Forza’s number of words: 1404

Not even close ;)

WHAT THE FUCK ROFL WHAT A WASTE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE

The amount of spin in the original post is making me dizzy. If you really wanted to get Beavern unbanned, you’re doing it wrong.

When discussing Beavern’s case with a member of the ACT, the admin in question acknowledged the flaws in the system (how could he not) but challenged me to come up with a superior alternative. This is in no way a valid defence of their defective organisation.

Way to dodge the question. Does this mean you deny the fact that the ACT gets results by banning genuine cheaters?

You have a valid point that you have discovered the demo that was used as evidence for the ban by the ACT team, and have showed it to AC members of other leagues. Your argument should be with the league admins at this stage, using said evidence.

EDIT: double post sorry

Last edited by Sheridyn,

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

After reading through the whole topic I can just say d2m’s post blew my mind.
I mean AC admins who use a normal topic in the AC forum to post their concerns about a “suspicious” demo…

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING

antyjc

2ne1

Quoted from Arcadizz1e

[…]

you definately wrote at least that in all your whatever number days of tf2 combined.

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Quoted from Arcadizz1e

[…]

Why is that? If one feels he’s being treated unfairly, he should speak up rather than just stand idly by, no matter how insignificant the subject is (to you apparantly, although I’d love to see your reaction if you would get banned unfairly).

If there’s one thing that makes me rage it’s definitely injustice, even for the silliest of things :)

I honestly do not know if Beavern is innocent or not, but if his teammates are 100% he is, their post is perfectly understandable. Don’t get why you call it whining either.

alfa

Quoted from reactioN

[…]

You cant ban someone because of a single scene even if it looks ridicoulus.

Really?

Check’em -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpOY1xNhjs8and and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJY4df0XGQM

Last edited by alfa,

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

Quoted from alfa

[…]

Really?

Check’em -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJY4df0XGQM

Might want to read topic first, already posted.

demsii

EPA

Quoted from compton

[…]

Well I’m assuming you know what a goal means in football. It’s called “a goal” because that is what decides the success of the team. One can argue that a team that tries harder to win was better, but that’s redefining the goal. Just because you run on the field doesn’t make your team win, although running is pretty much always needed. But still, in theoretical terms, running does not make your team win. Getting to the ultimate goal (more goals than the opposing team) does. AC teams ultimate goal is to reduce cheating, not to ban. Bans are needed yes, but just because “enough” (or, theoretically, any) bans aren’t happening doesn’t mean that the AC team isn’t working in the best success possible.

Are you seriously comparing football with the goals of an AC team? Reducing cheating is done by bans, therefore bans (AKA REDUCED CHEATING) is the goal of an AC team in the case of cheaters. You’re basicly saying the same thing under a different name. And my point exactly, to humor your theology, is that you don’t need/want a team unless you want to make goals.

And this has nothing to do, at all, with your point saying that the AC tries to make busts just to satisfy the masses’ need for blood (nice way to show your support to your own staff btw).

Who did ever make you a league admin if you don’t support your own staff? Like seriously .. Do you even do anything for the league? Afaik, this is like the first post in months? As you have argued in the past with recruitment posts that you’re not even active enough to play the game on a daily basis, how do you qualify for an admin as that prolly takes up more time? .. Just curious.

Last edited by demsii,

alfa

Quoted from Nmx

[…]

Might want to read topic first, already posted.

I read it. I just forgot to put the second link up. Had to look up all the news posts until that one.

Norris

@D2M just out of interest, in what kind of way were you involved in any anti-cheat actions during your TFC time?

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from antyjc

[…]

you definately wrote at least that in all your whatever number days of tf2 combined.

yeah but no one read it

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 27 Next »