Forum

What ya gonna do AC team?

Created 19th January 2011 @ 09:27

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 22 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

The problem is that every single admin is putting in free time and is doing all of this voluntarily. Not saying every admin is bad (because that’s simply not true), but things are bound to go ‘wrong’ at some point. As has been pointed out, this is not a democracy.
If you want a league where your opinion is valued and won’t get pinned down as whining, join a paid league.

Tikcus

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

You’re an idiot.

ETF2L is not a democracy; they are not accountable to you. Everyone involved is a volunteer putting in silly amounts of time. If they decide to ban someone for any reason, it is their choice and you do not have nor deserve a say in the matter.

If this is a problem, fuck off and start your own league.

Did I upset you ?

At no point did I ask for a say in the matter.

I’m pretty sure nowhere in my post I suggested giving anyone outside of the etf2l admin team a vote, so I don’t know where this democracy bull shit came from.

edit

apart from the appeals process (non existent), I have zero idea how the etf2l ac team decide on bans they may have a similar internal process, but because the process is not transparent 7000 people complain every time there is a ban

Last edited by Tikcus,

Dummy

@ tikcus
team of 6, life time ban after first ban, no appeal

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Answer is: AC Team is not going to do anything.

Get over it already.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Dummy

@ tikcus
team of 6, life time ban after first ban, no appeal

I’d like to see longer bans for teams that knowingly take on a returning cheat under an alias. Getting a season’s ban isn’t enough for trying to cheat the system and desperately swallow the contents of your banned friend’s ballsack.

Edit: To clarify, returning before their ban has ended x

Last edited by d2m,

kuma

Quoted from d2m

[…]

I’d like to see longer bans for teams that knowingly take on a returning cheat under an alias. Getting a season’s ban isn’t enough for trying to cheat the system and desperately swallow the contents of your banned friend’s ballsack.

i take it you mean returning before their ban is up?

Typh0n

AUTOBOTS

Skyride i’m sure you can be nicer than that, next time you should try.

What tickus said is not dumb and the fact that this league is ruled by volonteers does not mean we don’t have a word.
ETF2L is the biggest league in Europe which implies that not playing in it would be just like not playing TF2 in competitive but as ETF2L is the main league it should also be more democratic (not saying it should be a democracy) or at least less arbitrary.

Tikcus

Quoted from d2m

[…]

I’d like to see longer bans for teams that knowingly take on a returning cheat under an alias. Getting a season’s ban isn’t enough for trying to cheat the system

+1 to that

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from kuma

[…]

i take it you mean returning before their ban is up?

Yeah, sorry if that wasn’t clear!

Dummy

Quoted from d2m

[…]

theory true, but how would you implement that
what if the leader of the team knew but the rest didn’t, what if the leader had a grudge with someone and said he knew, how would you know who’s telling the truth (and if you ask the cheat himself then he may as well be e.g suspicious thath is team mightve given demos to the AC team and blame the entire team)

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
theory true, but how would you implement that
what if the leader of the team knew but the rest didn’t, what if the leader had a grudge with someone and said he knew, how would you know who’s telling the truth (and if you ask the cheat himself then he may as well be e.g suspicious thath is team mightve given demos to the AC team and blame the entire team)

Sperm swabbing on the cheeks to see who gobbled up the most from their cheating friend’s cock.

Edit for some content: Essentially it’s not the easiest thing to manage, but there have been circumstances in the past where it was very clear that teams accepted a returning cheat into their team and I’m convinced it can and will happen again.

Of course not everyone will get caught, but taking tougher action will hopefully make people think twice about doing it. Quite often you’ll find the promise (and carrying out) of stricter action will go a long way to preventing the problem in the first place.

Last edited by d2m,

Wabbeh

THE PERFECT WAY TO GET RID OF (MOST) AIMBOTTERS AND TRIGGERBOTTERS!!!! ZOMG!!!!:
Ban scouts. Ban Snipers. :D

Edit: and heavies, but they were annoying anyway

Last edited by Wabbeh,

Dummy

Quoted from d2m

[…]

Sperm swabbing on the cheeks to see who gobbled up the most from their cheating friend’s cock.

im defeated by this unassailable logic
edit:
Quoted from d2m

[…]

Edit for some content: Essentially it’s not the easiest thing to manage, but there have been circumstances in the past where it was very clear that teams accepted a returning cheat into their team and I’m convinced it can and will happen again.

Of course not everyone will get caught, but taking tougher action will hopefully make people think twice about doing it. Quite often you’ll find the promise (and carrying out) of stricter action will go a long way to preventing the problem in the first place.

true
just concerned bout them innocent peeps

Last edited by Dummy,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Tikcus

Did I upset you ?

At no point did I ask for a say in the matter.

No I’m not actually upset at all. You just happened to have the convenient quote to make my point.

I’m pretty sure nowhere in my post I suggested giving anyone outside of the etf2l admin team a vote, so I don’t know where this democracy bull shit came from.

My point is that people are always complaining about how etf2l is doing them wrong when infact, they are volunteers doing a 99% of the time brilliant job. Its not fair to persecute them for the odd occasion where they do make a bad decision.

You’re post however was balls though because you assume its a highly structured system run by trained professionals. It’s not. It’s 3-4 people who know a fair bit about hacks being as objective as possible about things brought to their attention.

Spike Himself

TC

Meanwhile, in an immensely more useful thread..

http://etf2l.org/forum/compreq/topic-15069/page-2/?recent=268236#post-267810

zZz

ooh edits

Quoted from Skyride

It’s 3-4 people who know a fair bit about hacks being as objective as possible about things brought to their attention.

lol hitting the nail on the head

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 22 Next »