Forum

Season 9 Suggestions

Created 17th December 2010 @ 11:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 23 24 25 Next »

alfa

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

Point still is not valid, if you can’t see how polls involving so few people from such a narrow demographic can be used to decide rules can not work, i can not be bothered to explain it to you

How can it not be valid when it shows results from all players that have voted and took the survey? My point is that even though we have such a small community compared to other online games, admins should still look at people’s opinions and thoughts. This opinions and thoughts can be expressed trough the pools and surveys (Example: The Vanilla Survey on which more than 400 people voted, and don’t tell me thats little compared to the size of the community) so that it should make the decision more easier. You can also see that the poll is divided between divisions so that people know what is expected in each skill levels of play.

Not listening to the pools (or whichever media) is just an excuse of wanting the things go your own way or even worse, listening only to the people you want to, ignoring everyone else. I still think if surveys and pools like the Vanilla one would be implemented, people would finally be happy and stop making threads and whine about every aspect of this game.

Now tell me that I am wrong because you don’t agree with it.

Link to the Vanilla Survey -> http://www.vanillatf2.org/2010/05/vanillatf2-survey-results/

Last edited by alfa,

Spike Himself

TC

I agree with tickus that such polls should be exclusive to team leaders.

Just thought I’d throw that in :)

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Generally teams know what maps they want to play competitively. Obviously individuals may have slightly different opinions, but they would still not want to play certain maps if the rest of the team hates playing it (as it isn’t fun to play in a team with the majority of members not wanting to play the map. People raging easier etc.)
/2p

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

or know anything about politics?

Do you?

konr

Quoted from helberg

allow FaN, allow gunboats.

Heavy limit 1, sandvich banned.

viaduct and ashville, instead of obscure and freight_final1

this

Waebi

‹Con›

I do know enough about politics to see it doesnt work. Why would we have wars if it worked? Read a few ideas of Rousseau etc and you’ll see why I take this point.

Of course, you can argue that 350 team votes are more significant (they may indeed be), but then again, less teams can be bothered to have a clan vote etc too, that doesnt just go for single players.
I’m not sure it would be a good idea, that’s all I say.
However, I’d like to throw in an idea myself. My idea is a “voter information” thing: everyone who wants to vote should have read points and statements that both sides make. For example, there are good arguments FOR vanilla and also AGAINST vanilla. this is a common thing in politics as the idea is that only an educated person is able to form an opinion (trololol etf2l proves it wrong). I’m willing to gather (wtf, my phone wants to write father, f’in swype) the arguments and write a text for it if no one else can be bothered.

Anyway, I’m off to egypt for a week, prolly no interwebs so if I don’t reply within 9 days you may consider me dead. Willing to do the offered job afterwards.
xx

Last edited by Waebi,

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

I would like to have more information available at the start of s9. For example, what spot in each division will get promoted demoted etc, small things like that makes it feel more ‘complete’, thought out if you will – I think it would be a good thing to remove the the ‘feeling’ of making things up as you go along.
In the same spirit I think that more key dates should be easily available; when are the qualification rounds for different divisions going to be, and how are they structured? I guess though, that if the current qualifications and the play-off in the premier division works out, there will be a decent framework to build upon for s9.
For example: from reading the forums I *think* I know that the next season is going to start in the middle of January and I have a somewhat vague idea that this information exists somewhere other than in the forums, but it would be nice if there were a more intuitive way of finding key dates.
Obviously, as this is a league of quite the number of teams there is always the need for some flexibility.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

“Rule page updates
First off, for maximum clarity and to solve future Season schedule problems we would like to make our make our provisional Season schedule clear. Season 9 will start in the middle of January and end in the middle of April. Season 10 will start early in May and end early in July.”

From here: http://etf2l.org/page/4/

Keyword there ofc, ‘provisional‘.

Last edited by Monkeh,

mosepose

WWCD
{o,o}

a date for the relegation would be nice, but ye start the season in mid january without doing the relegation. i dont believe that the season starts in 3 weeks.

atrox_

WaAS?

make prem/d1 upload stv and actually enforce it

oh, was mentioned on first page lol. my bad

Last edited by atrox_,

tasKu

e-famous

Allow gunboats, bonk, axtinguisher, equalizer and med unlocks
1 heavylimit bye

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

Quoted from freshmeatt

Please tell me how to counter a gru heavy on mid, let’s say, granlands.

The same way you kill an overhealed soldier, you just need your team mate put one or 2 stickies / rockets on him as well. It’s extremely hard to stay alive as heavy when you play against a team who can focus fire, as you can’t dodge too well which the other classes can.

IMO:
– Heavy Limit 1
– Allow GRU (with perhaps slight modifications)

Please make Heavy useful for mid fights.

Last edited by Alx,

Quoted from Alx

[…]
The same way you kill an overhealed soldier, you just need your team mate put one or 2 stickies / rockets on him as well. It’s extremely hard to stay alive as heavy when you play against a team who can focus fire, as you can’t dodge too well which the other classes can.

IMO:
– Heavy Limit 1
– Allow GRU (with perhaps slight modifications)

Please make Heavy useful for mid fights.

Let’s assume the heavy is fully buffed, and has nearly perfect track aim, and plays scout. That means the enemy team has 2 aggressive soldiers, and a core team of medic-demo-heavy. This basically means that heavy’s dmg with the minigun should be made weaker, due to the fact that 2 aggressive soldier’s bombing should kill the enemy medic and should also deal about 100 damage to the heavy classes.

Now, when the heavy arrives to mid with GRU at the same time as the medic, he will probably have fullish hp(atleast if he eats the sandvich), and when he spins up, the soldiers will have no time to bomb the medic.

Basically ban everything but the sandvich, and heavy limit 1. On something like badlands, double heavy on last is counterable, so I don’t mind that. But Gullywash, that’s a whole other thing. 450+450=900, so I’d say that’s better than 1scout/1sniper amirite?
I’d say it’s pretty impossible to get that much focused spam within the ubercharge time.

GRU would just make thing’s slower, trust me.

Setlet

Finn stfu and let Alx pwn the whole community with his grus :(

Turkish

fw

Whean 9season begin ?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 23 24 25 Next »