Last edited by rarecandy,

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

crap map, It’s not even fun to spec.

alfa

Yes, I like sniping/jumping on roof as scout

GeneSIS^

[MIPC]

only maps what we should play is badlands and granary so then tf2 would be really fun game for spectators.

(notice sarcasm)

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

Quoted from GeneSIS^

only maps what we should play is badlands and granary so then tf2 would be really fun game for spectators.

(notice sarcasm)

brilliant sarcasm.

Hosain H

Royal`

Pretty surprised by how many people say they like this map, whenever i’ve spoken to anyone about it they say they find it boring.

Either way seems like the general consentus around this map is being one of those ‘epic at times but boring at others, hence should be kept’. I don’t think this is really a good reason to keep a map in the pool as it doesn’t take any competitive gaming ‘rules’ (so to say) into account.

Personally I find gravel to be a really unforgiving map that doesn’t allow comebacks to be made often at all. One persons blunder causes much more damage in gpit and you have much less chance to rectify or make up for it than other maps.
E.g. in badlands you can get half your team away from mid if a demo dies early to defend second well, if second goes badly you still have last to defend and make a comeback. In gpit if the demo dies early he’s probably out until last point since it’s super easy to spawncamp him for a second kill and use that to your advantage to take B.

GPit can be a fun map at times but it seems more geared for pub play, if it were more tweaked for competitive i’m sure i’d accept it more easily.
Just throwing some ideas out a lot of good points made throughout this thread.

aaaaa

Quoted from Sir Remix

Keep it.

One of the best maps.

w1Zz

Gpit is awesome.

Remove freight, return well.

choiie

keso

Just played an official on it today, can’t say anything but admit it was the most epic game this season (despite being rather boring). The dynamicness of Gravelpit simply makes for an entirely different experience than the (IMO) static 5-cp maps.

Square

Quoted from w1Zz

return well.

you lose mid, you lose the round.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Guyz Grawel Pitz Tactish

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from choiie

The dynamicness of Gravelpit simply makes for an entirely different experience than the (IMO) static 5-cp maps.

That is the exact opposite of the truth on a good 5cp map.

uubers

gg
gandhi is

keep gravel, remove freight, add viaduct.

ih

gravelpit +1, it adds a little variety in pool

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »