Created 30th November 2010 @ 22:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

Keep it.

One of the best maps.

kuma

It’s not bad, it’s just long. Who the hell wants to play or spectate 1-2 hour games? Once the rules are changed to get rid of these, it will be fine.

An alternative rule we could use:

Charge Only 15 mins
Attacking team gets 15 minutes on offence, the amount of cps they capture in this time is counted as their score. The round is restarted every 3 cps. After 15 mins, the teams switch and the defending team gets a chance on attack.

Games will not last longer than 30 mins, same as a 5 cp map.

Snyyppis

RLM

Gravel takes too much effort with tactics and shit. We should just have 9 weeks of badlands and granary so I can just shut my brain off and play.

I’m being fucking serious, too.

Cobby

-9m-

Quoted from jaks

gpit is no 5cp map, it’s totally different to all the other maps in the mappool and actually it makes a huge diffence against whom you have to play gpit – I can’t choose a map for each opponent like it was some seasons ago so it’s pure luck. Either you get some team who has never played gpit before (it’s awfully difficult to find a pcw!) or you have bad luck and end up with an opponent who actually played the map a couple of times.

Imo there are 2 options:
1) make etf2l 5cp-maps only (+ gpit as decider-map)
2) One 5cp-map + something different (e.g. turbine, viaduct, gpit) every week. That way we could bring back some other modes like ctf and introduce new modes like koth. I highly favour option #2.

QFT!

I’d prefer option 1, but if people did wanted variation THAT much then option 2 is better than what we have at the moment as every team has to play every team on an unusual map.

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

gpit owns.

best map.

keep it.

jukebox

broder

just put heavy & engi limit 1 and have fun

archy

ye, a general heavy and engi limit would be cool. as i said before. 2 heavies (and 2 engineers for that matter) only make the round long and boring and so on… i think all of us want a faster paced game. 2 heavies/engineers on a last cp do exactly the opposite.

but then this thread is still about gravel pit. i have seen the 2 engineers and a heavy defence on the A point. You can imagine that this is absolutely no fun to play against.. Well, I’d say let’s go for a “turle limit” of 1.

Sketch

MM

Need more maps like g pit. I think its a better test of teamwork than 5cp. There is just so much more room for exiting gameplay, timing and co-ordination is key to success rather than expert fragging skills… although it does help.

I don’t see why we don’t have more abc maps. I think maybe a slightly altered spawning setup. Or positioning within a new map could help make it faster paced. I want to see 1 now ! Previous attempt have all been terrible. Why is this? Maybe its something the community would need to work on together. I’m up for helping.

archy

the problem is simple: you have to copy gravel pit on the one hand, but on the other hand you have to make something completly new.

thats the deal. get the balance between those 2 and you will ahve an awesome map. on paper at least…

troot

-9m-
DStS

I absolutely love gravelpit, easily one of the best maps. Plenty of scope for clutch plays and class variety.

Shem

boX?
[F(r)ag]

Quoted from kuma

It’s not bad, it’s just long. Who the hell wants to play or spectate 1-2 hour games? Once the rules are changed to get rid of these, it will be fine.

Charge Only 15 mins
Attacking team gets 15 minutes on offence, the amount of cps they capture in this time is counted as their score. The round is restarted every 3 cps. After 15 mins, the teams switch and the defending team gets a chance on attack.

I do like that idea

Tommeh

‹Con›

Gpit is boring if you don’t play scout ( aka sniper)

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from kuma

Charge Only 15 mins

+1

xerxes

WWCD
n2o

Quoted from kuma

[…]

Charge Only 15 mins

Dont like that at all, cause it totaly torpedo the way gpit was designed for. 15 minutes non stop attack/defend would become nothing else then a teamdeathmatch.

Normaly you cap all 3 points in between 5 to 8 minutes. So in 15 you would cap 4 to 5 points. This leads to the fact that when the 3rd point is captured once the defending Team has to protect both points (A and B) to have a good chance to beat the time.

Maybe there would be more action and maybe we would get used to that but there is still more: Who defends first? Heavy fight you will answer me, but without a heavyfight we come back to the current Situation: …. …. Both teams have to attack first once. So it will be 4 times 15 minutes. This makes 60 Minutes definite play on gpit.

Sorry then I prefer the way it is now! It could take longer it could take less. One and a half definit hours for gpit and another map can not be the solution.

xerxes

kuma

Gpit was designed for pub play 12 vs 12, nothing more nothing less. It certainly wasn’t designed to be played in a way where you have to give up either a or b for free.

It really won’t change much, it’s just an easier way of scoring.

First of all assuming your example is true:
Quoted from xerxes

[…]
Normaly you cap all 3 points in between 5 to 8 minutes. So in 15 you would cap 4 to 5 points. This leads to the fact that when the 3rd point is captured once the defending Team has to protect both points (A and B) to have a good chance to beat the time.

Defending team isn’t forced to do anything. With 7 minutes on the clock left after the first cap as in your example, the defenders can choose whether to have a solid hold on one point or a risky split between a and b, just as it is now. Why does it make a difference whether you sac a cp in the first or second rr?

And why would both teams need to attack first? Just have a knife round at the beginning to decide who starts and just play for 30 minutes. Works in other games fine.

Last edited by kuma,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »