Forum

How to punish the droppers?

Created 25th October 2010 @ 13:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

ZeyOrk

Jiziz fucking christ. Whats wrong with u fucking ppl. ITS A GAME! Ppl have real-life, so they cant always commit. If u have to make a topic, and ur bored as fuck, go to another forum. Fucking idiots

Spike Himself

TC

Funny how you make a big deal out of it with that statement.

Quoted from Monkeh

Fair enough Bill, I’m just trying to open the debate and find a solution. Yes I know it’s been tried before with no success but surely something can be thought of by someone somewhere that encourages teams to stay together and not drop mid season.

Shit does indeed happen, doesn’t mean you gotta put up with it tho’!

I know, and as always we appreciate you guys trying to come up with solutions to problems. Unfortunately in this case punishing the negative action will always result in people getting screwed over making it the worse option. Keep the ideas coming though, perhaps we’ll find something that does work.

h1

:3
BM

teams that drop miss the next season, players from that drop get 3 points.. if those players rack up a total 9 points they miss a season, pretty simple make people avoid clan hopping and dropping seasons.

Rynex

FAB
nubs

Quoted from h1

teams that drop miss the next season, players from that drop get 3 points.. if those players rack up a total 9 points they miss a season, pretty simple make people avoid clan hopping and dropping seasons.

Say I happen to join 3 teams over a couple of years, and each time the leader says “You know what, I simply have too much going on in my life right now and you guys have the choice to either carry on without me or fold”. Now, if each time the group decision is for the team to fold then I get forced to miss a season because of other people making fair and democratic choices.

Also, how could you implement such a system effectively into the website. Will code be written into the system, or will more man power be required to check peoples profiles and make sure these “clan hoppers” are brought to justice and made to suffer for the misery and pain they have brought to other people. It seems a little heavy handed to enforce such a system on a community, and it will probably discourage people from making new teams and entering the league for fun.

Remember kids, this whole thing is not to be taken seriously in anyway, shape or form… even with money and gaming mice on the line (cause you know, dignitas needs new gaming mice every 4 months amirite?). If people want to drop from the league because they lose one game, or they are having roster troubles, then you should probably let them get on with their lives. If other teams were serious enough to get in the leagues they wanted, then they would have made more of a conscious effort about it before it all started.

Just the viewpoint of an outsider to this community, but this thread really interests me… even if it is pretty shitty.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Rynex

Remember kids, this whole thing is not to be taken seriously in anyway, shape or form…

Of course not, when we spend like 3 hours a night, 4 nights a week playing pcw’s and stuff, for like, the last 9-12 months! Why should we treat it seriously? Who would? That would be madness!

Martn

http://etf2l.org/teams/11686/
http://etf2l.org/teams/11888/
http://etf2l.org/teams/11319/
http://etf2l.org/teams/11760/

Teams like these should be removed from te competition and replaced with a team from the waiting list. Its just week 2 so the new teams shouldn’t have much trouble catching up 2 games.

Last edited by Martn,

trams

-><-

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Of course not, when we spend like 3 hours a night, 4 nights a week playing pcw’s and stuff, for like, the last 9-12 months! Why should we treat it seriously? Who would? That would be madness!

9-12 months? noob! (Ive played like 3 years, and still a noob)

We dont have to punish droppers, but I think maybe the admins could be even harder against new teams in the divisional placements, because offseason is _always_ easier then league play.

Tikcus

How about this, for one step

Any new team that is formed with >50% of a team that folded during a previous season should not be giving entry into any league, till they have proven their stability.

This may be a small number of teams, but when looking at the team history, so many of these teams that fold after a few weeks, for whatever reason. Then reform under a new name, or in some cases the same name, enter the following season and fold again.

It is these teams that should be removed.

Other things like locked or semi locked rosters can help with team stability.

Unfortunately there is not a big fix for this issue of league stability, and several steps would need to be taken to ensure the innocent do not fall victim to rules generated to create stability

Brutallus

don’t punish,
it’s only a game

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Not sure if this is mentioned but in the highlander that is happened, 10 ppl were required to sign up, ensuring a sub was available when needed, surely this is sensible for 6v6, require 7 people to play, this means if one person drops from a team, they can play on while find a new 7th.

Monkeh

+1

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

I only read till page 2, but I agree with the teams working together bit.

Currently Sense has 2 teams, and we mix together almost every day, they have everything we do and we exchange tactics and whatnot, even sometimes write up match reports for each other. The only pain is that if we need a sub in an official match, they currently count as a merc, which can be a pain to arrange depending on your opposition.

So it would be nice if there was an option to have multiple teams being able to play together without drawbacks, as long as they’re in the same or a lower division for example.

This would encourage more teams to create a second or even third team, which would already be more stable by default and would therefore be less likely to fold.

Sunshine

re#

this is a difficult one, having had to drop 2 seasons ago from etf2l because we lost 2 players to a different clan, had someone’s HDD go pop and they didn’t have the dosh to replace it for 4 weeks and someone else have to go afk long term due to illness I can say that not all drops are down to shoddy organisation but sometimes real life takes hold in ways you cant control however its also very very frustrating to get default after default due to clans dropping

one thing that I would support however is the prevention of clan hopping mid season, if you sign up to a clan to play a season then you should honour that commitment!

we havent entered ETF2L since as we wanted to be absolutely sure that our line up was stable and working and that we could commit to the matches

oh and one other thing that is very frustrating is clans from a different time zone who wont play after 7pm gmt due to having to be up for school the next morning!

HYS

TLR

I definately agree with a comment made about rewarding stable teams over punishment.

I read every post and thought about every comment. I am one of the most competitive people you will ever meet, but when it comes down to it, it’s only a game. There is no real solution.

Quoted from Ghent

Shit happens, live with it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »