Forum

How to punish the droppers?

Created 25th October 2010 @ 13:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Skyride

Just remember that the only reason a team ever drops is just to annoy you and your team and fuck you all over, haha! Just think how much fun they will be having, sitting laughing on their mumble server, jerking each other off in a big circle.

They didn’t drop because of players unable to commit, roster problems, people falling out, or any other infinite amount of other unavoidable things that can happen. IT WAS DEFINITELY JUST TO ANNOY YOU AND YOUR TEAM. HAHA!

Oh, I thought they did it to annoy the admins :(

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Waster

Announce the next season before the actual season starts. Instead of announce the season and at the same time open the signup date. Doesnt really promote stable teams at all. Its more like instable teams with 4 players who find another 3 players in a couple of hours to rush in the waiting list. Little time between seasons also encourages more teams to survive to the next season. And its easier to climb up in the division when there are more seasons a year. So you can just say no new teams on div2/1 or above or something.

Last edited by Waster,

the bm man

k^m

Ban us

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Make them medic for 2ez

HI SWIFTY

jgmaster

BM

Do a deposit system. Everyone from the team has to pay a deposit of £5 or whatever and if they drop then they don’t get the money back. Obviously there are issues like what happens if everyone can’t or doesn’t to put down a deposit. Those type of decisions need to come down to the team leaders then. I don’t think this is feasable across the whole league but it may work for the top 2 divisions.

Mark

Phase

Quoted from flix

so you want to punish “imperial” because hymzi left them and put the other guys in div 6 next season?

gl with that

No, but put them in jail!

Spike Himself

TC

Hey, it worked for monopoly..

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

So I’ve been thinking about this on the drive home from work and it appears to be impossible to come up with a fair way of doing this, so I have turned the problem on it’s head and maybe, just maybe, come up with a possible solution.

We cant expect people to pay a deposit, that’ll never happen and we cant ban people or teams as we could never know the true circumstances or happenings of a team folding, so instead of punishing drops we encourage teams to stay together.

I think we’re all agreed teams dropping is going to happen whatever we do and occasionally it wont be anyone’s fault. What we need to do, (imo), is stop the join team, lose game, leave team, join another team etc. that is possible right now. We need to make joining a team a gesture that means something, not just, ‘hey ho, let’s go’.

This whole thing isn’t aimed at any one person or team in particular btw, just trying to find a solution to a problem that I, and many others, find extremely irritating.

Make it so that once you leave a team you can’t join another for 4 weeks.

Random number FTW, but 4 weeks would be half a season or so and would stop a lot of ‘fold-and-join-another-team’ situations if the players knew they couldn’t carry on in that season, if they leave the team that they agreed to join and play that season with, they dont play in the rest of that season, or at least a large chunk of it.

I feel this really is a bit of a problem, (ask 9men about Season 7 for instance!), and can ruin a whole season of good performances/results when every team you beat decides to fuck it off and fold, leaving YOU with a paltry set of results against the best teams in your div.

Last edited by Monkeh,

LikeThis

Don’t punish dropping teams. Reward teams that stay together.

Seems to work for highlander, teams are sticking together through thick and thin for a medal.

edit: further thought on this.

Rewarding teams through an ingame item isn’t really feasible for every season of course. Here’s my idea:

Teams that don’t have any roster changes in a season get a veteran status with 100% chance of entry in the next season, admins take further note of desired division, pixel veteran trophy (or something) on team page, cup with prize for teams with veteran status etc etc
There’s loads of rewards i’m sure people could think up.

Last edited by LikeThis,

Dummy

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Put them in the same bracket.

Edit: Disregard that.
Make a new virtual division that you put dropped teams in. If they survive a season in that division, then they can play in w/e division next season. Pretty much like jail. We ARE talking about punishment, after all. Giving them a seperate division is very much like giving prisoners a bed and food, which is still pretty lenient imo.

Possibly the only stupid thing i’ve ever read from you on these forums

Arcadizz1e

PwR
Pixie <3

Quoted from LikeThis

Don’t punish dropping teams. Reward teams that stay together.

Seems to work for highlander, teams are sticking together through thick and thin for a medal.

edit: further thought on this.

Rewarding teams through an ingame item isn’t really feasible for every season of course. Here’s my idea:

Teams that don’t have any roster changes in a season get a veteran status with 100% chance of entry in the next season, admins take further note of desired division, pixel veteran trophy (or something) on team page, cup with prize for teams with veteran status etc etc
There’s loads of rewards i’m sure people could think up.

However there are medals for s8 arent there? and this thread still happened. Having said that its the best suggestion here.

n00ne

Ask me to steal their steam accounts, end.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Give a higher incentive and reward for teams that stick together, but in all honesty, most teams that drop are those that are just a group of random people, joined together, lose a match and QQ.

My team lost it’s first official last night, I’ve seen many teams drop and fold after their loss in an official, as they think it’s not worth it, why? We are just going to keep going and try to improve.

Even CantFitMyN stayed together after all those matches lost.

If a team signs up, plays a game, lose or w/e and fold, then obviously that team is not meant to be, but you can put some incentive on making people think twice before they fold, be it look for a replacement class for whomever is leaving or just try to stick together, there should be a “punishment” in place to get people to think twice.

Even if it is a period of 2-4 weeks of not being able to join a team.

I guess this thread is partially created because of The Imperial, as they lost a game and disbanded, but surely there should of been some incentive to get them to look for a new demo and get back into it? But I can’t really comment fully as I don’t know the full story or reasons behind the fold.

But then again there isn’t’ really that many folds right now, maybe some teams realizing that they can’t actually commit, there’s no problem in that.

Ched

.tony

Good teams don’t need incentives to stay together.

Rynex

FAB
nubs

Force teams that drop to write a well written 1000 word essay on the aesthetics of how league’s work and why they are dropping from the league.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »